Half Life

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Re: Half Life

Postby Gloominary » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:08 pm

For me right now, making the best of it means relaxing, not working much, eating healthy, tasty food, and going on the computer for 8 hours or more a day, where I research and write on subjects that interest me, listen to music and play video games.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Zero_Sum » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Gloominary wrote:For me right now, making the best of it means relaxing, not working much, eating healthy, tasty food, and going on the computer for 8 hours or more a day, where I research and write on subjects that interest me, listen to music and play video games.

Do what you enjoy is what I say to that. :wink:
The temple mount will be rebuilt in Jerusalem and all the nations of the world will be ruled from there. All races, cultures, leaders, and nations will come to bow before the new messiah yet to come. All will come to know the chosen of God who refer themselves as Jews. For every Jew there will be a thousand goyim that will be their slaves as it was ordained by God. Every man, woman, and child will convert to Zionism.
Zero_Sum
New World Order Enthusiast

Postby Gloominary » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:
Gloominary wrote:For me right now, making the best of it means relaxing, not working much, eating healthy, tasty food, and going on the computer for 8 hours or more a day, where I research and write on subjects that interest me, listen to music and play video games.

Do what you enjoy is what I say to that. :wink:

Too right! :)
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:17 pm

Gloominary wrote:
MagsJ wrote:
Gloominary wrote:Thanks, but I don't need your help, I don't have bipolar, borderline, depression or whatever you suppose I have, and if that's not what you're alluding to, than I'm at a loss. :-?

I was eluding to none of the above...

Why did you ask me if I'm on medication?
You must be implying that medication might be responsible for my attitude, mood, philosophy.
Well I'm not on any, in fact I'm probably one of the soberest people on this forum.

Jeez, wow! I simply meant every-day meds.. every-day pharma aren't always good with us, is all I meant.

Never implied anything, but..
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Serendipper » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:49 am

Gloominary wrote:I guess I'm probably lacking in vitamin D, I eat fish like once every two weeks or something.
Does meat have D?
Because I eat it everyday.
I'll have to duckduckgo.com that.
Or maybe what it is, is I don't consume caffeine like y'all do.
Anyway I'm mostly fine with the way I am.

According to the USDA, salmon is the best and easiest source of D. https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/nutrients/ ... easureby=g

With meat it depends how much time the animal was in the sun (and the latitude) and how much fat is on it, since it's the fat that stores the fat-soluble vitamins.

Between the scare over sun exposure, the low-fat diets, wearing clothing, and staying indoors most of the time, most people are severely deficient in D.

Vitamin D is the most studied vitamin currently and more-so than all other vitamins combined. It's actually a hormone. I'd look into it if I were you.

Here's the world's foremost expert on D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiGBVDcbFVk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_F ... d_research
Serendipper
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Philosophy