You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby Prismatic567 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:09 am

In term as a human being 'you' have a 1/7+ billionth share of the World which you have contributed in co-creating the World-as-it-is with other living things and things.
From day one of breathing, eating, farting and shitting, you have been a contributor to reality-as-it-is.
With your next breath you are creating a new reality-as-it-is from reality-as-it-was [one second ago].

The above is one clue why you as a human being cannot be totally independent of the reality which you are part and parcel and has co-created.

Agree?
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby James S Saint » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:46 am

I thought you said that you didn't believe in one reality?
So which reality are You co-creating?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby Prismatic567 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:04 am

James S Saint wrote:I thought you said that you didn't believe in one reality?
So which reality are You co-creating?
Reality-as-it-is, I did not mention 'ONE- Reality. The question is which ONE-Reality, yours, others or the collective?

Point is the moment you believe reality-as-it-is then a Framework and System is inevitable.

There is no ONE-Reality that is independent of the human conditions. The yearning to cling to ONE-Reality is psychological.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby James S Saint » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:21 am

Prismatic567 wrote:
James S Saint wrote:I thought you said that you didn't believe in one reality?
So which reality are You co-creating?
Reality-as-it-is, I did not mention 'ONE- Reality.
.
.
There is no ONE-Reality that is independent of the human conditions.

So how many "Reality-as-it-is" are there?

Prismatic567 wrote:The yearning to cling to ONE-Reality is psychological.

The desperate, irrational attempt to deny ONE-Reality is more "psychological".
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby Prismatic567 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:40 am

James S Saint wrote:
Prismatic567 wrote:
James S Saint wrote:I thought you said that you didn't believe in one reality?
So which reality are You co-creating?
Reality-as-it-is, I did not mention 'ONE- Reality.
.
.
There is no ONE-Reality that is independent of the human conditions.

So how many "Reality-as-it-is" are there?
There is no consideration of any finite number, if you insist it is infinite and interdependent with the subject.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:49 am

James, you gotta have an infinite number of possible worlds. It's not psychological, it's philosophical.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24908
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby James S Saint » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:54 am

Prismatic567 wrote:There is no consideration of any finite number, if you insist it is infinite and interdependent with the subject.

Well that is called "subjectivity", a close cousin to solispism.

So back to me question,
Which "Reality-as-it-is" are You personally co-creating?

Mr Reasonable wrote:James, you gotta have an infinite number of possible worlds. It's not psychological, it's philosophical.

You don't "gotta have" anything. And "possible" merely means that you don't know which is real among the many guesses. Those "possible worlds" do not exist, even in Quantum Phairyland until someone observes one. The only one that exists is the one observed. All others "collapse" (meaning that they were never actual and thus no longer possibles to guess about).

But Prism isn't talking about quantum multiple worlds ontology. He has his own "intersubjectivity" ontology, wherein reality is whatever the consensus proclaims, much the same as the Catholics. But then at the same time, he proclaims that everyone OWNS the entire world-as-it-is" because they are "co-creating" it.

..unless they are not a part of the consensus, then I guess they are just screwed.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:31 am

There's only 1 actual world, and it's the same world regardless of who's looking at it or interpreting it from whatever point of view. But you do gotta have infinite possible worlds because you need them to do counterfactuals and prove that the infinite number of dumb things people say and believe are not true in the actual world.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24908
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby James S Saint » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:02 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:There's only 1 actual world, and it's the same world regardless of who's looking at it or interpreting it from whatever point of view.

Yeah, well. He hasn't figured that out yet. He thinks that such is "shallow minded" because in his dark fog, it seems to simple.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:19 am

It's pretty simple. Like, there's an ice cream cone and it's vanilla. And that's that. One guy looks at it and thinks it's shit because he likes chocolate, another looks and thinks it's amazing because he likes vanilla. Their views don't change the fact that it's a vanilla ice cream cone in front of them. Easy enough to explain to those 2 types. But then you get the ones who think that it isn't a vanilla ice cream cone at all, and I don't know what to do with them, or at least I don't have the energy or desire to bother with it. Then there are the ones who are certain that the ice cream cone is both shit, and amazing. They may be the smart ones, in spite of their embracing of an apparent contradiction. Then you get the ones that insist that it's shit, or that it's amazing, but not both...those are the dangerous types who are flailing around in the world just not understanding how to separate their view of the ice cream cone from the cone itself.

Philosophy is hard man. Like an artist doesn't think it's hard to paint or sculpt, and a musician doesn't think it's hard to create music...but it is. Most people can't do it.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24908
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby James S Saint » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:27 am

I never cared for the new-age tactic of telling retarded people that they are genius, nor the "average=100" idea for intelligence tests.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:28 am

Me neither.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24908
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby phyllo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:46 pm

The above is one clue why you as a human being cannot be totally independent of the reality which you are part and parcel and has co-created.
Who said that a human being is totally independent of reality?

A stone is part of a wall and changes the shape of the wall. The stone need not think or have a mind in order to be part of the wall. If the stone could think, then the wall would be the same in spite of any thoughts.
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10350
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby Prismatic567 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:05 am

James S Saint wrote:
Prismatic567 wrote:There is no consideration of any finite number, if you insist it is infinite and interdependent with the subject.

Well that is called "subjectivity", a close cousin to solispism.

It is not "subjectivity" but inter-subjectivity = objectivity.
Note I raised the thread re Bitcoins, i.e. the objectivity of Bitcoins is based on the intersubjective consensus of those who participate and believe in the value of Bitcoin.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=193685

I have referenced the article [which I agree] 'Solipsism is an incoherent theory'.
http://www.iep.utm.edu/solipsis/#H7

If you insist solipsism is tenable, then you are as a philosophical realist is a solipsist.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=193716

So back to me question,
Which "Reality-as-it-is" are You personally co-creating?

It is not a question of "You personally co-creating?"
I can't stop you and other from co-creating reality-is and create my own personal one.
Me, you and others are co-creators of reality [is] on a dynamic basis.

The use of the term "Reality-as-it-is" [it was Phyllo's] with "it" can be misleading in a more refine philosophical deliberation.
I will refer to reality as "is", i.e. "Reality-is"
Note it is 'reality-is' not THE ONE REALITY you have been claiming.

However the moment any one state 'Reality is X' then that 'X' has to be qualified to a Framework and System.

Btw have you read Wittgenstein's 'On Certainty' where he wrote about 'hinges' and 'river beds' and these are the necessary philosophical Framework and System that ground one cognition of what "Reality is .."

Therefore when you insist 'Reality is One', then that is subjected to your personal Framework and System or one that is shared with others.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby Prismatic567 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:12 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:There's only 1 actual world, and it's the same world regardless of who's looking at it or interpreting it from whatever point of view. But you do gotta have infinite possible worlds because you need them to do counterfactuals and prove that the infinite number of dumb things people say and believe are not true in the actual world.
How can you prove there is only "1" actual world. That is only wishful thinking from habits and customs.
My contention is the idea of "1 actual world" is merely an idea reasoned from primal mode of reasoning and it cannot be empirically proven at all.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby Prismatic567 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:20 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:It's pretty simple. Like, there's an ice cream cone and it's vanilla. And that's that. One guy looks at it and thinks it's shit because he likes chocolate, another looks and thinks it's amazing because he likes vanilla. Their views don't change the fact that it's a vanilla ice cream cone in front of them. Easy enough to explain to those 2 types. But then you get the ones who think that it isn't a vanilla ice cream cone at all, and I don't know what to do with them, or at least I don't have the energy or desire to bother with it. Then there are the ones who are certain that the ice cream cone is both shit, and amazing. They may be the smart ones, in spite of their embracing of an apparent contradiction. Then you get the ones that insist that it's shit, or that it's amazing, but not both...those are the dangerous types who are flailing around in the world just not understanding how to separate their view of the ice cream cone from the cone itself.

Philosophy is hard man. Like an artist doesn't think it's hard to paint or sculpt, and a musician doesn't think it's hard to create music...but it is. Most people can't do it.
There can be many perspectives from philosophy.

What you have presented above is merely referring to subjective values re Philosophy of Value which is prominent in Philosophy of Morality and Ethics.

There are other perspectives to the above scenario to "an ice cream cone and it's vanilla."
Besides values and morality, there is Metaphysics, logic, epistemology, Aesthetics. Note this dilemma raised by Russell in general philosophy, i.e. perhaps there is no ice cream cone nor vanilla at all :o

Bertrand Russell wrote:Before we go farther it will be well to consider for a moment what it is that we have discovered so far.
It has appeared that, if we take any common object of the sort that is supposed to be known by the senses, what the senses immediately tell us is not the truth about the object as it is apart from us, but only the truth about certain sense-data which, so far as we can see, depend upon the relations between us and the object.
Thus what we directly see and feel is merely 'appearance', which we believe to be a sign of some 'reality' behind.
But if the reality is not what appears, have we any means of knowing whether there is any reality at all? And if so, have we any means of finding out what it is like?

Such questions are bewildering, and it is difficult to know that even the strangest hypotheses may not be true. Thus our familiar table, which has roused but the slightest thoughts in us hitherto, has become a problem full of surprising possibilities. The one thing we know about it is that it is not what it seems. Beyond this modest result, so far, we have the most complete liberty of conjecture. Leibniz tells us it is a community of souls: Berkeley tells us it is an idea in the mind of God; sober science, scarcely less wonderful, tells us it is a vast collection of electric charges in violent motion.

Among these surprising possibilities, doubt suggests that perhaps there is no table at all.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby Prismatic567 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:25 am

phyllo wrote:
The above is one clue why you as a human being cannot be totally independent of the reality which you are part and parcel and has co-created.
Who said that a human being is totally independent of reality?

A stone is part of a wall and changes the shape of the wall. The stone need not think or have a mind in order to be part of the wall. If the stone could think, then the wall would be the same in spite of any thoughts.
If I am not mistaken you claim to be a realist, i.e. philosophical realist, thus;

Wiki wrote:Realism (in philosophy) about a given object is the view that this object exists in reality independently of our conceptual scheme. In philosophical terms, these objects are ontologically independent of someone's conceptual scheme, perceptions, linguistic practices, beliefs, etc.


If so, you are claiming a human being is totally independent of reality.

Otherwise you are a philosophical anti-realist, are you?
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby phyllo » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:35 am

If so, you are claiming a human being is totally independent of reality.

Otherwise you are a philosophical anti-realist, are you?
"conceptual scheme" being the critical phrase in the quote. :-"
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10350
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby Prismatic567 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:56 am

phyllo wrote:
If so, you are claiming a human being is totally independent of reality.

Otherwise you are a philosophical anti-realist, are you?
"conceptual scheme" being the critical phrase in the quote. :-"

There is no way one can get a handle on reality-is except creating and entangling with "conceptual schemes."
What else other than "conceptual schemes" [aka Framework and System].

It is the "conceptual schemes" as real and embedded that motivate one to create 'reality-is.'
Theists believe God is really real [in fact is illusory] in delivering a real holy book with good and evil elements and SOME theists believe it is so real they are inspired by the real God to commit the most abominable evils and violence on non-believers and others, therefrom creating such reality-is.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby James S Saint » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:09 am

Prismatic567 wrote:
James S Saint wrote:
Prismatic567 wrote:There is no consideration of any finite number, if you insist it is infinite and interdependent with the subject.

Well that is called "subjectivity", a close cousin to solispism.

It is not "subjectivity" but inter-subjectivity = objectivity.

So you don't know what "objective" means either. I'm wondering if there are actually any words that you can get right.

Merriam-Webster wrote:ojective
1 a : relating to or existing as an object of thought without consideration of independent existence —used chiefly in medieval philosophy
b : of, relating to, or being an object, phenomenon, or condition in the realm of sensible experience independent of individual thought and perceptible by all observers : having reality independent of the mind objective reality
… our reveries … are significantly and repeatedly shaped by our transactions with the objective world. —Marvin Reznikoff
— compare subjective 3a
c of a symptom of disease : perceptible to persons other than the affected individual objective arthritis — compare subjective 4c
d : involving or deriving from sense perception or experience with actual objects, conditions, or phenomena objective awareness objective data
2 : relating to, characteristic of, or constituting the case of words that follow prepositions or transitive verbs The pronoun her is in the objective case in the sentence "I saw her."
3 a : expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations objective art an objective history of the war an objective judgment
b of a test : limited to choices of fixed alternatives and reducing subjective factors to a minimum Each question on the objective test requires the selection of the correct answer from among several choices.

"Objective reality" means a reality that is independent of any opinions, whether one person or all people together.

Prismatic567 wrote:Note I raised the thread re Bitcoins, i.e. the objectivity of Bitcoins is based on the intersubjective consensus of those who participate and believe in the value of Bitcoin.

Irrelevant.

Prismatic567 wrote:
Which "Reality-as-it-is" are You personally co-creating?

It is not a question of "You personally co-creating?"
I can't stop you and other from co-creating reality-is and create my own personal one.
Me, you and others are co-creators of reality [is] on a dynamic basis.

Your claim is that people participating in sharing their individual subjective opinions constitutes an actual reality. But each individual person must have their own opinion before it can be shared with anyone else. And what about having two groups of people who collectively disagree? Where is the reality in that scenario?

Prismatic567 wrote:Note it is 'reality-is' not THE ONE REALITY you have been claiming.

Sorry, but that is just dumb. If there are more than one realities, then what does "reality-is" mean? If there is only one "reality-is", then why isn't that one, "The One Reality"?

Prismatic567 wrote:Therefore when you insist 'Reality is One', then that is subjected to your personal Framework and System or one that is shared with others.

No. It certainly is not. The fact that there is but one reality is independent of what I think makes up that reality.

Gyahd, your blind. :-?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby surreptitious75 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:58 am

There is only one reality and that is the Universe which is defined as ALL THERE IS. Within this however there are the smaller realities
of individual existence. And they all complement each other to produce the bigger reality. So there is perfect harmony between them

Inter subjectivity is not objectivity but a means by which subjective interpretations can be critically examined to see if there is any consensus
The greater the consensus the more likely they are taken to be true. However they can not be regarded as objectively true just probably true
Because the validity of a truth statement is not determined by how popular it is. Not even if it is both since that would be purely coincidental
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby James S Saint » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:26 am

surreptitious75 wrote:There is only one reality ... there are the smaller realities

Can't have both. You can have smaller portions of the one reality, perhaps.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby surreptitious75 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:55 am

That makes it sound like a cake so I think a better word would be slices
There is only one reality but within it there are smaller slices of reality
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby James S Saint » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:49 am

surreptitious75 wrote:That makes it sound like a cake so I think a better word would be slices
There is only one reality but within it there are smaller slices of reality

Well "a slice of a cake" does not make a cake. The slices have to be all added together before there is "a whole cake". If there are any pieces missing, it is still not a whole cake.

Reality is the whole cake, not a mere slice nor any consensual grouping. No one person nor group has a whole cake. The only Reality is the ONE wherein ALL slices are coherently combined. There can only be one of those, The ONE Reality.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: You Are a Co-Creator of Reality.

Postby phyllo » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:50 pm

It is the "conceptual schemes" as real and embedded that motivate one to create 'reality-is.'
Theists believe God is really real [in fact is illusory] in delivering a real holy book with good and evil elements and SOME theists believe it is so real they are inspired by the real God to commit the most abominable evils and violence on non-believers and others, therefrom creating such reality-is.
So you think that a guy who believes in God and moves his body to church every Sunday is creating reality with his mind. (Because if he did not believe in God then he would be someplace else on Sunday.)

And you think that this indicates that reality is dependent on mind.

Well at least that explains why you keep saying that Realists are Solipsists. (And it explains why you asked me this bizarre question: "If so, you are claiming a human being is totally independent of reality. Otherwise you are a philosophical anti-realist, are you?")

But that's not the definition of Realism. No Realist thinks that way and the Wiki didn't define Realism in that way.
There is no way one can get a handle on reality-is except creating and entangling with "conceptual schemes."
What else other than "conceptual schemes" [aka Framework and System].
How you "get a handle" is something else entirely from the belief that there is something to "get a handle on"
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10350
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Next

Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]

cron