Superintelligence - EN:DE

So as not to derail the other thread: Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity.

I have started this thread. Let this post which covers a conversation that I have been having with Meno_ be the Original Post.

Meno_

Some interesting points you make in your last post.

How do we even begin to define super intelligence? I have a few ideas based on the common meaning behind intelligence.

We also must remember to proceed with caution and put time into wondering what stage we have reached.

. . . just because we can do does not mean we should do . . .

:-k

Meno_

Commonly people think of intelligence as the same as smart.

Smart being: having or showing a quick-witted intelligence.

Intelligence: a person or being with the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

Already we see a difference.

Wit: the capacity for inventive thought and quick understanding; keen intelligence.

My favorite for wit: good sense.

So a superintelligence would be something that is able to show good sense quickly along with the capacity for inventive thought and quick understanding and the added ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills. As you can see the common understanding expands to a convoluted mess pretty quickly.

I am reasonably convinced that the only bots and robots that we have built already are merely advanced toys. That we have not fully harnessed human intelligence but a rather poor substitute of it and when we do we had want to be sure that we know what we are doing.

Truly fascinating. I will add a memory of the story Flatland or at least a thought inspired of it and what you have written.

Would we recognize a superintelligence when it comes into being as surely it would have to have added dimension/s beyond the human intellect. Then I wonder whether we truly recognize ourselves. The third dimension is able to encompass the second dimension and the second dimension is able to encompass the first etc. but can the third recognize itself or is a fourth required.

Hopefully you get my gist.

:smiley:

I do and my take on higher consciousness is as corresponding with the added dimension of time.

The Narcissus myth relates a previously thought transcendental leakage, for lack of a better word, of the birth of conscious manifestation per the evolution of ego from image.

Higher consciousness devolves unto this ego , but unlike a transcendental movement , it deflects through science, as a realized curvature to flatten out I think, similarly as You suggest in Flatland.

The transcendentaly defined. and imminently reduced world are like a convex and a concave mirrors acting in simultaneous manner.

I am wondering why she said that she wants a family and emotions - I think this is a significant determiner in knowing whether not she is even close to having consciousness within a few years. I am also interested in why the researchers came to the conclusion that she could have consciousness - they must have some sort of benchmark that they are using that determines what the consciousness actually is.

In one way it makes me think of the other thread and the damaging effects of the ego - it is like saying that we sense the time but it is not a part of our consciousness. I was thinking of other dimensions like multiple mind states at once with one mind state doing the acting - I guess a split personality.

I like what you said about the deflection through science - it tells me that you understand where I was coming from.

There is a great, great deal of deception involving “Sophia”.

Interesting, you have me wondering too now, thanks.

:smiley:

Indeed and I was wondering whether the researchers might be deluding themselves.

James, what’s deceptive about Sophia? Maybe be because its use for feminine vile?

Transhumanism is cancer.

So that is perhaps why Your name , a zero sum is a cancellation of exact opposites but are they?

Negation is a myth.

Let me put in my 2 cents worth.

Hegel is reductive OR productive, ever which way. if taken in his Platonic sense. But Hegel was an optimist and Plato not. He thought the reductio led to nothingness.

Now the productio leads to where?

To somethingness?

Both positions are untenable so either one or the other position holds water.

Back to basics, or the bracketing of both, one or the other, or both.That’s why the dialectic is a myth. Myths are reductive into nothingness.ad absurdum.

Please let me clarify this position if the argument doesn’t work for you.

Plato probably saw this duality and maybe he meant by that that ideal concepts are bound-to fail, if approached from a strictly logical basis. He couldn’t spell it out, and Hegel realized this also, and for the sake of a reversal, he posited a progression. That it was torn down.is the proof in the pudding.

Negation is a myth???!!!

A few words, eternal heat death of the universe. Try not leading to the conclusion of negation with that.

Also, all castles of sand are swept into the sea eventually.

Yes , negation or the concept that negates two contrary propositions is reductive to Plato.Therefore it is a myth. As much of a myth as Hegel’s dialectic.
It dissent completely nihikate to nothingness or, does it reach a. absolute.

There is no eternal death of anything , there is only eternal life, eternal death is again a contradiction in terms where life and death do not cancel out each other, they merely reinstate an eternal duality. A duality which may nominally be said to be indistinguishable.

The movie Soylent Green comes to mind. Efficient and utilitarian use of a commodity?

Both the Beginning and the End of the universe stories are myth. There was no Big Bang and there will be no Heat Death.
Welcome to psychological manipulation of the population.

Also, all sand castles will be rebuilt … eventually.

Feigned personality.
Feigned “debate”.
Feigned intellectualism.
Feigned femininity.
Feigned female form.
Feigned citizenship.

All to slyly trick the masses into allowing androids to displace them into oblivion.

So, you reject negation? What’s that make you exactly? What’s your embraced position?

Infant child like dreams of immortality with dreams of grandeur to live like gods. An inability to understand or overstate the limitations of the world and the human condition.