Humanity's Awakening

My original plans were to share some personal thoughts on the subject of death. My plan was interrupted by a message from my sister Lynn,
My gut reaction to her message was "Yuk! … she doesn’t understand me! Brrrrrrr Arf! Arf! :slight_smile:

Reminds me of Krishnamurti who lived to see 90 or so. During his long life he traveled the world and chatted with some of the greatest thinkers of his day. Yet in his final days he said … “Nobody understands me!”

Who am I to complain eh!

After deep and silent reflection on my sister’s message my state of consciousness morphed into … “WOW! what an exciting platform to launch some regurgitated thoughts.” Thanks Lynn.

My new state of consciousness was reminded of the Biblical expression … “Where two or more are gathered in my name … I will be there.”

A tiny community of intellectuals/scholars have resurrected this phenomenon without the religious garb … they have labelled it “Collective Wisdom”. I fear progress has been arrested since the pioneers introduced the profit motive … which is a two edged sword … it cuts both ways.

I digress … on with my regurgitated thoughts.

A year ago I posted the following words on FB:
“We are better together … though why is it so hard?
Such an important question … yet … IMO never answered … any where … any time in human history.”

Here’s a proposed answer to the above question … the timeless Gordian Knot.

Let me start with a conventional definition of the term state of consciousness:
“Consciousness is the awareness people have of themselves and the environment around them. The level and state of consciousness vary. Different states of consciousness are associated with different brain wave patterns. Brain waves are tracings that show the kind of electrical activity going on in the brain.”
I say conventional because there remains no satisfactory scientific definition of the word consciousness. Some intellectuals/scholars talk of small ‘c’ consciousness … the individual and big ‘C’ Consciousness … the cosmos/universe.

Our individual consciousness expands or contracts every second … 24/7 … it never remains in a given state … never!

How so?

In the same way we never remain still. The earth spins on it’s axis at approximately 0.44 kilometres per second … not so fast.

At the same time the earth orbits the sun at a speed of 30 kilometres per second. Yikes!

So we are moving in one direction at 30 kilometres per second while at the same time moving in another direction at 0.44 kilometres per second … and we don’t feel any movement.

A monumental marvel!!

Likewise with our individual consciousness … it expands and contracts with lightning speed … almost always imperceptible.

The changes form clusters within our brains and when these clusters achieve critical mass the cluster explodes into our conscious mind … the intensity of these explosions vary from subtle/imperceptible … to ripples … to gentle waves … to huge waves and finally to tsunami like explosions. The latter types occur with people who have rejected earlier more gentle explosions.

All too often when Lady Wisdon knocks on the door of our conscious mind we refuse to answer … knowing that what She has to offer doesn’t fit/integrate well with what’s already there. Psychologists have proven the human mind is quite capable of blocking out what it doesn’t want to ‘see’ … it prefers clinging to the bubble of comfort representing it’s current existence even though such ‘bubble of comfort’ leads to an increasingly stressful life.

Humanity’s awakening waits for no one … it persistently and relentlessly marches forward.

Confucius understood the above abstract thoughts and spent his adult life trying to help some people of his day to cope with the unpleasant realities of the time as well as the “explosions” … personal experiences … that troubled his followers.

Ditto for Jesus.

This explains the counsel Confucius gave to his followers … paraphrasing … if your personal experiences do not confirm my words … ignore my words. … and I will ignore yours.

Words are woefully over rated … personal experience is far superior to words.

Fast forward to today … 2,500 years later. Nothing has changed … most people continue to struggle with today’s unpleasant realities … both on the personal level and the geopolitical level.

One thing is different though … we have no Confucius or Jesus to guide us.

Rather, we have a medical and scientific community who have chosen … unwittingly … or perhaps intentionally … to stifle/arrest humanity’s awakening with chemical cocktails.

The rampant increase in all flavors of mental illness are a manifestation of the failure of our medical and scientific communities. Sweeping the “explosions” under the rug is a bandage solution. Over time these “explosions” under the rug build up and manifest themselves in a horrific explosion. We witness increasing frequencies of horrific human acts that often … perhaps most of the time … can be traced to chemical cocktails.

I read a sentence the other day that sums it up …

" Science will eventually reach the summit of the mountain. Scientific progress in the past 500 years has been phenomenal and the rate of progress seems to be accelerating. The scientist who eventually climbs on to the summit will encounter a spiritualist who will ask him … Why did it take you so long to get here?"

While the above comments are the musings of an old man … considered by all who know him to be a “flake” … I trust that an Eddington will come along at the appointed time.

I see You are able to connect unseen dots between the genolology of ‘miracle’ between conventional living and the so called extraordinary , as if" if it were not for that, miracles would loose their intended meaning…

…meaning?..

Meno … you are a kind and generous soul.

Perhaps a few words I heard … watched an old movie last night … point to the answer you are seeking.

[b]

[/b]