practical philosophy

I posit this as an open ended question: where are some good references to practical philosophy?

I confess I am not well versed in a lot of philosophy (consider me very novice), from what I have read (from both philosophers and on the forums), philosophy tends to be lofty, analytical and judgemental of ideals. An explanation of what ontologies and epistemologies is a good read, but doesn’t get at “What should I do about it?”

Some topics are premise/conclusion logic based which tend to be more catered towards something actionable, although I am a bit turned off by the rigid structure of thinking

Just thinking - to what extent can I find in philosophy well formed arguments that boil down to “Do this” or “don’t do that”? Philosophy of ____ that concludes with “You should do/not do this”

Something concrete, where the concrete action/lack there of is well defined and supported

That is an extremely broad subject. Did you want mere references to what published authors have stated, or actual reasonings that you could verify for yourself? And “practical” to whom?

thanks for intending to narrow my focus

I am less concerned with practical to whom and more concerned with practicality as the approach

I could personally use philosophy on:

“Things to do to not be bored”
“Things to do change your career”
“Things to do to make your love life better”

But really, I am wanting philosophers who I can take up reading in my own time that have intend to make their arguments actionable… its one thing to conjecture or even prove that things are why the way they are. Philosophers that have very targeted points about how to live your life… things you should do in your life to enrich it, or perhaps things to do every day. Rules to live your life by. I guess I’m expecting broad responses, but with philosophers that have narrowed focuses. Heck, someone with a philosophy of “How to make your vegetables keep longer in the fridge” would be a good start (my mother puts paper towels in with the vegetables next to veggies in the fridge to absorb the condensation that occurs over time to help them keep). I’m thinking… Topics that may be incredibly broad on one end, but have been narrowed and tailored towards specific goals. How can views on (insert philosophical topic here__) be narrowed with (___ insert things to do and not do here___) for reasons (insert here_) that serve how one should live ones life.

Epictetus - The Manual (Enchiridion)

sacred-texts.com/cla/dep/dep102.htm

Epictetus - Discourses

sacred-texts.com/cla/dep/index.htm