Page 1 of 1

Self-liberation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:51 pm
by waechter418
Liberation from the confines of mind, has been tried for at least two millennia, and proven to be a Sisyphean task, as the respective undertakings tend to add to the complexity of mind.
Since the beginning of the twentieth century, mind is apparently able to liberate itself through Self-realisation.

Re: Self-liberation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:07 am
by pilgrim-seeker_tom
A few syllables of Latin, if placed on a high enough pedestal, surrounded with a scaffolding of other words forming an ideology and turned into a mantra through the usual techniques of indoctrination can keep a vast population enslaved for historically significant periods of time.

Re: Self-liberation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:29 am
by pilgrim-seeker_tom
Pi Fu Han Shu.jpg
Pi Fu Han Shu.jpg (9.87 KiB) Viewed 549 times


The Chinese text in the cartoon ... 蚍蜉撼树 可笑不自量力


English translation of text ... "Ants trying to shake the tree ridiculously overconfident"

Re: Self-liberation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:51 pm
by waechter418
It is an option that has first been made fully public in "Liber Al vel Legis" (1904)

see: http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/engccxx.htm

Re: Self-liberation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:36 pm
by surreptitious75
waechter wrote:
Liberation from the confines of mind has been tried for at least two millennia and proven to be a Sisyphean task as the respective undertakings
tend to add to the complexity of mind. Since the beginning of the twentieth century mind is apparently able to liberate itself through Self realisation

One can never be truly liberated from the confines of mind during ones life but one can try and push it as far as it will go and gain new knowledge and experience
in the process. This can be a major push or minor ones but the goal is the same either way. Alternatively one can simply let mind be and allow it to take in every
thing and accept or reject as little of it as possible because one has become more isolated and detached over time. This latter approach works very well for me

Re: Self-liberation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:12 am
by pilgrim-seeker_tom
one has become more isolated and detached over time.


Isolation and detachment is a necessary first step towards self-realization ... self-actualization ... individuation.

Sur ... I applaud your efforts.

While you have oft repeated your mantra ... isolated and detached ... your frequent posts suggest the 'road' to isolation and detachment still stretches out in front of you.

Re: Self-liberation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:01 am
by surreptitious75
pilgrim seeker tom wrote:
While you have oft repeated your mantra ... isolated and detached ... your frequent posts
suggest the road to isolation and detachment still stretches out in front of you

I like engaging online but do not think this contradicts my sense of isolation or detachment since I am only engaging ideas
I am still just as much on my own as I am at any other time as all I see are words and images so there is no real difference

Re: Self-liberation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:31 am
by pilgrim-seeker_tom
surreptitious75 wrote:
I like engaging online but do not think this contradicts my sense of isolation or detachment since I am only engaging ideas
I am still just as much on my own as I am at any other time as all I see are words and images so there is no real difference


The words ... "a necessary first step" ... imply at a minimum ... "a second step".

The first step ... isolation and detachment ... culminates in our physical death ... suggesting that individuals engaged in the "second step" also remain actively engaged in the first step while still breathing. It's an "and/both" circumstance versus an "either/or" circumstance.

Your attitude towards death suggests you have indeed achieved significant progress on the road to isolation and detachment. The fear of death is largely the fear of detachment from worldly affairs.

ILP members are fortunate to to have someone who 'sees' life from an eagle's perspective ... metaphorically speaking.

Re: Self-liberation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:56 pm
by waechter418
Mind accumulates and transforms external/internal events - Self is the core of Mind

Re: Self-liberation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:26 pm
by waechter418
Mind should be at liberty to do as it will – will is the force of Self

Re: Self-liberation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:06 am
by waechter418
Mind is not something strange; it might be treated strangely, and even be mistreated, but these are symptoms of self-estrangement - after all mind is one-self.

Re: Self-liberation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:55 pm
by waechter418
The coordinate, or Self, of mind informs what is beneficial for it.