friendship is magic

these are the works and writings of aristotle

Friendship is a truly wonderful thing but I like being all alone in the world and away from everyone else
Then I can think about spending the rest of eternity in a blissful state of non consciousness soon as I die

:laughing: You’re funny though I realize that you are serious.
But wouldn’t you be in for a rude awakening if it turns out otherwise?
I would like to be a wisp on the ether to see your reaction. :evilfun:

But how can you be all alone in the world and at the same time be in here with us?
That must affect you at least in some small way, no?
On-line yes but still mentally in some way.

And yes, a real true friendship is truly a wonderful thing.

Whatever is on the other side is entirely beyond my control but I do not let it bother me
I am here because I like ideas but I have nothing to do with anyone else who is also here

Human construction … biological, physical, spiritual, emotional … and so on … requires that we live out our lives in isolation. Friendship is a temporary ‘balm’ for this very natural condition.

Human constructions would go extinct with isolation.

Yup … a trajectory pointed in that direction has evolved in the last century.

Thank you for your honest answer, surreptitious. What you said did give me understanding too.
I’m glad that you are here to share your wisdom and there is wisdom within your words and thoughts.

That is very kind of you Arc but I do not think I have a wise bone in my body. For I am not as intelligent as everyone else
here. But since you paid me a complement I feel duty bound to return the favour. So in a forum full of strident egos and
raging testosterone it is nice to find a calming female influence within the madness so long may you continue to be here

surreptitious57

Well, you are certainly entitled to your own perspective but I do see it quite differently. I see you as both wise and intelligent. You also have great patience. I have at times admired that in you - where I do not think that I would be capable of exercising that kind of patience.

Not as calming as you may think. The ocean’s surface may at times appear to be calm. :evilfun:
Thank you.
Have the day which you would wish to have.