Life outside the hospital

Last tuesday I went in for surgery because i had an apple sized tumor in my stomach.
The surgery was a success, with nothing going majorly wrong.
When I was waiting to recover, i had whole days of boring silence.
I used it to think and cope and do things. I had a cell phone with me.
So I would call all sorts of people and talk on the phone in order to pass time and try to retain my sanity.
I had a lot to think about, and a lot of thoughts.

I’m trying to improve myself and my life but it is frustrating.
Helping people and making change mostly happens from money.
I think technology is a precious thing and i hope it gets lots of backups.
I hope the humans become like terrans or star trek warp level civilizations.

On star trek, there was a process for evolution.
At first animals evolve and co exist and compete.
Eventually a super animal out preforms other animals.
Later it does not tolerate competition and wipes out any
species that it sees as a threat. Later they evolve farther,
they make tools, culture, and eventually, technology.
The planet has an apex species and culture.
Later they colonize space.
As they get to these levels, power and population
and intelligence goes up and up, until they ascend.
At any time they can become extinct or take a huge dent to their population.

K: dan, I am glad everything turned out all right for you…
I too have gone under surgery and I was left with a lot of time
to think… it is good to have time to think… I sometimes think
we don’t just stop and think often enough… contemplation is a great
thing for us philosophers…to get to great thoughts or even modest thoughts,
we need time to just sit and wonder and think… no doing, just thinking and
wondering… in part, that is what is wrong with the world today…
no one just stops and thinks and contemplates… motion and moving all the time
is the modern world’s answer to everything… my wife just can’t stop and be…
she is always doing something, like the dishes or vacuuming or dusting…
she just can’t stop moving… I think she would be better served at times
to just stop and be…and wonder… so take this time to create new idea’s
and then, when you have a chance to flesh them out…

so once again, I am glad you are ok…

Kropotkin

Thanks a lot. And of course you are right.
If people were more like vulcans or denobulans we’d be better off.

Dan~

I am happy to know that you are out of hospital and still with us . . . I hope there will be no complications.

Shows like Star Trek offer a lot of inspiration . . . have you ever seen Stargate Atlantis? Even the Ancients messed up when they were “with us”.

Kind regards,

Aaron.

:smiley:

Glad you are okay Dan. :gay-rainbow: Let me know when you have the chatroom up and running again.

Did they let you keep the tumor?

Dan,

Welcome home to ILP. :happy-sunshine:

Carpe Diem, Dan, and at the same time take things slowly.

[b]VII

Sing the song of the moment in careless carols, in the transient light of the day;
Sing of the fleeting smiles that vanish and never look back;
Sing of the flowers that bloom and fade without regret.
Weave not in memory’s thread the days that would glide into nights.
To the guests that must go bid God-speed, and wipe away all traces of their steps.
Let the moments end in moments with their cargo of fugitive songs.

With both hands snap the fetters you made with your own heart chords;
Take to your breast with a smile what is easy and simple and near.
Today is the festival of phantoms that know not when they die.
Let your laughter flush in meaningless mirth like twinkles of light on the ripples;
Let your life lightly dance on the verge of Time like a dew on the tip of a leaf.
Strike in the chords of your harp the fitful murmurs of moments.

RABINDRANATH TAGORE [/b]

Nope.

The doc said i was a ideal patient.
I tried my best to have some kind of grace.
I was worried about dieing a bit.
I experienced my mortality and helplessness.

I decided that the meaning for all life is spirituality and consciousness.
Our mind and core. Everything else with earth life is a very temporary cycle.

I also now owe my life to Canada.
They the society, their money and technology.
Psych meds and surgery let me live for hopefully many more years.
I wish I could repay them but i am and have nothing in the big picture.

I’m really looking forward to more technology and living power.

We need to get our shit in order here, on this planet, long before we ever dream of making the harrowing journey to others, assuming we even can, or there’s something worth trekking to.
The diameter of earth is 10 000 km, the distance to our sun is supposedly 150 000 000 km, that means you could place 15 000 earths in between us and our sun, an unfathomable distance, and the nearest star is 400 000 times further than that, so you could place a whopping 6 000 000 000 earths in between us and the nearest star Proxima Centurai, 6 billion, incredible!
So the universe is by and large void, empty.
Like or loathe it we’re stuck on this rock for now.
Furthermore the cosmos according to NASA is barren and lifeless, resources would be difficult to efficiently harness, if not impossible, but even if NASA is wrong, or hiding something, other life forms might be hostile to us…or us them, do we really want to spread this cancerous civilization elsewhere?
No our priority is here, Nasa should be shutdown, its resources redirected to making ourselves more sustainable.

I wonder is the aliens in all those alien horror movies really represent humans who would move in, infect and kill everything alive in their way. We sure seem to behave that way. Yeah, with genetic engineering we might even end up looking like the ones in sci-if movies (why not, if it would make us live longer and survive inhospitable environments).
Yep, I can see that we would totally do it, too. Would you mind looking like a giant squid if it makes you live 1,000+ years?

I want to be a giant squid already.
Anything in the name of progress.

Hello, Dan. Nice to have you here in good life - outside the hospital - again. I hope you are in good health after the “life” inside the hospital.

Thank you very much.

Thieves!

I have schizophrenia.
It’s a category if imbalance.
I take my meds now.
In the passed I thought meds would kill me.
My mom and brother still are scared of meds it seems.

I was at the ward maybe 2 or 3 months ago.
It didn’t last that long, and the ward was much nicer than the post surgery intensive unit.

I haven’t read "Divided Self’ for a long time , bit it gives insight on the political aspects of experience, and that is another interesting take by Laing. ’ The Politics of Experience’ Have You read it?

I’ve never heard of this article.

Dan,

Laing was a Scottish psychiatrist who felt , following Szasz, that mental illness is pretty much a myth, and is much more determined by nurture then nature.

He felt that there is a political family dynamic with schizoid experience, where members of the family create an atmosphere and a reality which consists of double bind relations and cognitive messages, where often inordinately and sometimes consciously , members of families in competing for dominance try rationalizing away certain family member’s faults of weaker members in and. out of compromising situations.

Usually the victims are innocent and young and believe these contra indicating messages. Genetics plays a part in exacerbating weaknesses , makimg these kind of people more prone to projective and introspective hyper deflation and or inflation of various member’s s power motives

in my case, diagnosed for a childhood autism then a personality disorder , and and an acute episode during the 60’ s causes by acute drug reaction and an schyzotypal condition. led more to a shift toward a personality disorder.I had a breakdown in the sixties which has pretty much cleared up apart from phobias. Have used some tranquilizers during that time but have gotten on pretty well without them, since then. Nowedays marijuana is ok but hallucinegics are out. The last blowout was caused by an overdose of LSD and alcohol.

The underlying condition for so called childhood autism was my abandonment during the various wars and abandonments suffered, in and out of the service. Hence my present fear of abandonment sustaining remnants of a schizotypical condition. Other then that, I believe diagnostic labeling to be a large part of the problem.

Although had about 2 years of therapy, most of what I know is the result of self analysis and , through continuing behavior and cognitive modification.

The dissappointment is not quite total
But unaffected with people like me, broken, unfulfilled, but living for others. I had hoped my severely interrupted sense of broken academic promise would benefit in some ways by a forum that is uncompromising, but was wrong.
The sense of intuitive duplicity did not fail me.
I would have thought so.