Clues and Telltale Signs

Forensic science is defined as the application of scientific principles and techniques regarding the collection, examination, and analysis of physical evidence whether it be for criminal, medical, scientific purposes. In other words, different vocations considered forensic science to be valid science.

The physical findings of science are viewed as being objective and the non-physical findings of philosophy are viewed as being subjective. I contend forensics can be used to view the subjective findings of philosophy objectively – thereby illuminating and uniting both fields of study.

What prevents the scientific and philosophical communities from seeing this is their collective perception or predisposition. For the most part, both fields of study are unwilling or unable to approach the something different from their perception as a possibility and examine it freshly. They are unable to see how thought prevents them from viewing something freshly because they haven’t experienced something different than thought. They are unable to comprehend it takes something other than thought to observe and understand thought. Thought, being the “authority” it is, rejects this idea because it conflicts with what it knows and it is oblivious of its alternative.

Upon seeing there was interest in this post, I decided to add the following to it.

Humans have a propensity for ignoring, dismissing, or rationalizing various valuable clues and indicators. Goose bumps, feeling a lump in their throat, a tightness in their chest, or pit in their stomach all have an important meaning. Likewise, contradicting yourself while talking, contradicting yourself by saying one thing and doing another, and doing what you know is wrong or not good for you such as over-eating, smoking, and lying. These are just a few of hundreds of clues that are very revealing to those who have “eyes that can see” and “ears that can hear.”

Speaking of lying, if you are really good at observation and understand human behavior you can tell if a person is telling the truth just as good, if not better, then a lie detector.

Expectations can really ruin reality. Ive been on many dates.

I do agree with you eaglerising, scientific method bespeaks truth.

Sorry, correction: scientific method begets truth.