If no fundamentals?

An appearance of a reality

If no fundamentals?

I’ve always been trying to find the fundamentals of philosophy and of reality, but I am beginning to think there are none. If this is true, then I can’t see how one thing is more or less real than another thing, and indeed there are only appearances of real. We look at what things are made of to find substance, then when we find out what those objects are we say they are what is physically real and thus all other aspects of our experience are not.
If we then do the same to those things and ask what the physical objects are made of, eventually we find those physical objects are in fact not solid and our definitions of what is physically real don’t match the reality.

When we take away any and all fundamentals, what does that tell us about reality? That it is a ‘real’ mirage perhaps. The universe and its laws are all made up on the fly!
Existence can make up a law to say how things may behave, and then the world just takes it and uses it wherever the hell it wants to, and without there necessarily being any rhyme or reason to that. Like e.g. with the earthquake aftershocks mathematical formula which can be used to predict crime hotspots. I used to think that there may be fundamental patterns to wit laws themselves are manifest, but without any fundamentals then there are neither patterns nor laws, nor G/god/ess/s, nor physicality itself.

I am going to go as far as to say that even infinity is not a fundamental, this because the universe began as infinite [as shown by the straight tangents in the background radiation] and then seemingly impossibly stretched into the current finite form of universe we currently observe. Even time isn’t fundamental, because without things or other fundamentals et al, it simply fades out of existence [is non-applicable and thus doesn’t exist], not to mention that it is relative anyway.

Reality is a conjuring artist [though that isn’t something fundamental too, and there isn’t something there doing the conjuring], you chuck some info together and you get what that means in sound, colour, and general appearances, but that is all anything is - an appearance, even though the said apparition is physically real.

As I am something of an anarchist I like this idea, it seems reality is one too.

your thoughts on there being nothing fundamental generally?

_

if you look at my last 3 or 4 post in my time space thread, I have already
reached this point and for the reasons I have given…

the question really becomes, now what?

Kropotkin

Oh ok I’ll check the thread out later.

Do you mean that it all leaves us with nothing tangible which is governing things. I don’t mind leaving it there.

I think things will always exist in collections, so if we have a pot of ‘stuff’ continually churning up and being manifest as if randomly, then when say it comes to you or me existing, then the apparent randomness isn’t going to change that. In other words, an apparently random set of occurrences with no cause [causality cannot cause itself] will and has arrived at an appearance of non-randomness - things.

_

I’ve been going through a process of radical doubt lately. I was trying to figure out what I could know for certain about a week ago, and the best I could come up with is that I know for certain is this present moment

All other knowledge seems to come from something other than this experience of now. I take it on faith that the earth revolves around the sun, that their was an American Civil War, that their is an objective reality and a subjective one, and so forth.

Whenever I try and find the fundamental building blocks of knowledge, I always seem to find that these building blocks are themselves dependent upon the unknown, and thus not certain in the least.

Surely the experience of now is also denoted by the same processes which deliver info from the past [memory]. info is exchanged and then you experience ‘now’.

Knowledge presented in the now, is imho no different to knowledge from a moment or day/year before that?

Amorphos

I have a question.

It seems the time door is related to this thread too, correct?

I’d also like to mention that certain experiences are more intense than others, and depending on how we define reality, one could say they’re more “real” than others.

Suicidal despair, falling in love, near death experiences, panic attacks, drug induced states of consciousness, satori’s, etc. seem more real than doing ones taxes or watching t.v. or whatever.

The phenomenologists start from the premise that all experience is “real”. There just happen to be different types of reality. The dream state is one type, the waking state is another type; being angry is one type of reality, being in love another type, etc.

Philip K Dick once said (paraphrasing) that reality is whatever continues to persist. So in other words, if we combine these two views; that of the phenomenologists and PKD, one could say that which is most real is a combination of intensity and duration.

IN fact no fundamentals means science is an irrelevant endeavor. the laws of physics have nothing special or
metaphysical about them, they are simply random quirks, hence we must simply invent all we can , create our own
little paradise, modify our structure, our minds, make believe world like little babies, no longer a slave to reality or truth
or science.

hence free your mind invent the craziest ideas, don’t communicate them to anyone since social communication is just another
random quirk our arbitrary structure forces us to do but is not necessary, all people brains beings entities becoming completely
independant and free and inventing all they want with no external control needed anymore.

Reality, other people, social structure, science is all BS, the artists were closer to the truth, the surrealists even closer.

Sarte was closer but couldn’t simply make the jump:

ifopther people are hell, then we don’t need other people, communication, social requirements reality the laws of physics(simply there to help us
avoid pain)

Free your mind, totally free, go man go go for it you can do it and don’t let me know anything
but free with your total independence and isolation.

isolation and making up your own world and reality is the only truth, little babies know it immediately but then forget…

All my life to discover this simple truth—

target 5, egg man

guano ape, rokkaraso, yukandenali, mang beve e pott o governo…