Weakness is strength??

Power eventually self destructs … Entropy … Empire … Bully

Weakness self perpetuates … water metaphor … web.uri.edu/iaics/files/09-Guo-M … d-Holt.pdf

NT … “the meek shall inherit the earth” … “blessed are the poor in spirit”.

How about :

Ignorance is knowledge.

Stupidity is wisdom.

Lots of wise and knowledgeable people mess up their lives and self-destruct. Too clever for their own good.

Ignorance perpetuates itself and so does stupidity.

The ignorant and stupid shall inherit the earth.

This is evident when history is taken into account.

Doesn’t power self perpetuate too?

Sometimes I wonder(especially given the present) whether after the meek inherit the earth - power will perpetuate and in turn inherit - then fall apart leaving the meek to inherit again - giving power the chance to perpetuate - the problem here is the word perpetuate. You can not have both weak and power perpetuating - you say weakness self perpetuates but entropy is just when an ordered system falls into disorder. So are you saying disorder is a good thing?

I assume you are talking about todays’ world … suppose yesterdays for that matter too.

Personally, I’m hopeful humanity will step off the tread mill at some point. :smiley:

encode_decode … I’m surprised at your rather myopic response to the OP … particularly given your knowledge and understanding of the Dao De Jing.

Of course the “weak” with leadership will fall into the same quicksand … the lust for power phenomenon.

That’s what makes the Dao De Jing so unique … the mysterious “sage” who embodies the concept of “Wu Wei” … take no action form of leadership.

The community of the weak … about 7 billion people today … are not the problem … the problem is the apparent need for leadership … when the need for leadership evaporates … all the crap it drags along in it’s train will evaporate as well. N’est-ce pas?

I think your thread is very interesting and may only end up reading the rest of it instead of commenting on it.

I am not surprised that you are surprised. I feel myopia kicks in each and every time we try to analyze something given totality is bigger than us all.

Agreed.

I know I do not make perfect sense - since I am but one man - I am however presenting something deeper here. I both agree and disagree at the same time - that is a painful thing to consider - but it also leaves me in awe of totality.

Is weakness strength? I think they are both one in the same and still yet can not be perfectly certain.

My username for instance: encode_decode - what do you think it actually is?

We take information in and we let information out - these “two” streams are often in conflict with one another.

Strategy is strength.

OK … suppose this OP was just terminated. :laughing:

Strategy depends somewhat on having/acquiring more/better information/knowledge/intuition than your opponent. For example … Google probably still has the edge in terms of measuring sentiment(s) of the masses … globally.

Yes … no?

If yes … and one’s knowledge/intuition or access to knowledge/intuition is compromised … how doesn’t matter … the advantage is neutered??

Maybe the Nooscope is up and running? :laughing:

Yes. It is called “consciousness”.

If one is made unconscious, he has certainly lost any advantage. That is why Life is the most powerful force in the universe.

[b]

[/b]

James … are you intentionally attempting to conflate the issue?

Strategy is the purview of a select few. Yes -No?

Life is the purview of 7 billion+ individuals.

Obviously you don’t believe the equation … One Life = One Unit of “powerful force”

Nonetheless 7 billion lives is a formidable force to reckon with … n’est-ce pas?

Reminds me of an expression a real estate mogul (consumer real estate) mentioned many years ago … "people are like a school of fish … you never know where they will feed next.

“Intentional”, me?
… never.

Emmm… if you mean “the talent of a select few”, then no. Every life operates via its strategies.

On Earth Life = 100trillion individuals. You don’t seriously think that human activity equates to life on Earth.

But I still don’t understand your complaint. :-k

[b]

[/b]

No complaint … I humbly acknowledge your far superior intellect. let me start with a brief review of “me”.

I’m a “small town” old man who has bumbled through life trying to figure out if my life has some purpose/meaning … no luck yet. :smiley:

I’ve often posted comments describing my virtual “isolation” from the world … ergo: no opportunity to engage in face to face dialogue. Exasperating the situation is the fact that my “confidants” have all been long dead. :smiley:

From time to time … from boredom mostly … I engage in ILP e-conversations.

Obviously my thinking is not always “orthodox” … ergo: consistent with main stream thought. Though I rarely spend much energy defending my thoughts/opinions.

Back to the OP … let me state it differently.

First let me share a post by Amorphos in another OP:

[b]

[/b]

Something that may be perceived as “weakness” is the fact that most … perhaps almost all … people have yet been unable to transcend “duality”/“dualism” … the result being these same people are unable to view/understand the “ONENESS” and where this “ONENESS” is taking humanity … ergo: to the shores of “ONENESS”.

Teilhard’s Omega Point theory.

Teilhard acknowledged that reaching the Omega Point may take another million years … perhaps more.

OTH … it may happen in 2017.

There is nothing to transcend.

There is nothing to understand.

Now ya thinkin…

Dualism is an operative principle in both nuclear activity and genetic development. This interacts with that in order to produce something that is the more than this or that alone. Holism, at best, is one thing comprised by a variety of things–a plenitude. In other words dualism describes the activity by which the one is formed. What is seen as weakness may amount to the easing of tension between conflicting forces.

[quote=“Is_Yde_opN”]

That is not necessarily true.

I have been profoundly aware at times of something which I, in essence, have never really had.

I feel a loss at particular moments and know that I have lost something which I never really had ~~ strange though it may seem.

once again we fall into a trap here and that trap is simple…

what is “weakness”? how would you understand “weakness”…

as a man, I often fall into the trap of thinking that women are “weak” because
they don’t act as I do… and yet, women seem to get what they want, perhaps because
they are “weak”? their, for lack of better work… coping mechanism is bend but don’t break…
women are much more like water, the bend to the situation better then men…
when faced with a situation, I tend to be a man and I fight… I am aggressive
and attack when faced with a situation whereas women don’t do that…
and that is often far more successful then men… is their so called
“weakness” actually their strength

you have to understand the situation and deal with it, cope with it,
and women and men have far different skills in dealing with a situation
and men call women skills “weak”… I have no idea what women call it for men,
but I suspect its something along the lines of… “he is a man” and the
implications of that for women…

the point I am making is this, calling something weak or strong
really depends on how you define weak or strong…

water can be called weak and yet, water can injure me and enough water
can kill me… so is it really weak? depends on how you define weak…

the saying “the meek shall inherit the earth”
depends on who we call the “meek”… and how we define
weakness and strength…

now many would call my handicap of a hearing loss as a weakness and yet,
in many ways, it has been a strength… I don’t stand in the world of
the hearing and I don’t stand in the world of the deaf… I am in between
as I am in between in so much in life… but my hearing loss can be called
a weakness and still, it can be a strength… depending on who is doing the
accounting…

Kropotkin

That’s besides the meme.

But anyway, maybe you are missing something instead of loss?
Or are you using loss because you think you had something almost or had the potential for something which then didn’t come about?
You know…, like missing out on an inheritance or something.
In a way, metaphorically, that might actually be it, in that case.

google…
Loss - the state or feeling of grief when deprived of someone or something of value.

…or in my case, in my moments of realization, when it comes home to me in a manner of speaking, the life and person which I might have been and become, the unconditional love and relationship which I might have had, if I had had this someone of great value.

I almost gave up a friendship because someone could not understand how I could miss and ache and feel the loss of having not grown up with a father.
Once in a while, I conjure up images of reincarnation (which I don’t believe in) and how wonderful it might be having that kind of a relationship with a man. I’ll say to myself: I hope in my next life I get to experience this.
One cannot understand this loss unless they have experienced it.

So, yes, you can “lose” what you never had every moment you are reminded of this with the relationships between good fathers and their daughters.

‘Consciousness Seeker’ … taking your tag at face value … ergo: sincere/honest … supports your post. Similar experiences are reported in all spheres … philosophy … science … and religion.

Generally … any individual who claims more than a temporary … of very short duration … glimpse of “Consciousness” is a charlatan … including those individuals who translate their experience into human language.

The ‘experience’ is outside the envelope of main stream experience/thought … making efforts to explain it a waste of time and effort.

A logical and intuitive explanation is that the human mind is simply not equipped to handle such encounter(s).