Weakness is strength??

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Weakness is strength??

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:23 pm

Power eventually self destructs ... Entropy ... Empire ... Bully

Weakness self perpetuates ... water metaphor ... http://web.uri.edu/iaics/files/09-Guo-M ... d-Holt.pdf

NT ... "the meek shall inherit the earth" ... "blessed are the poor in spirit".
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
User avatar
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:16 am

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby phyllo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:40 pm

How about :

Ignorance is knowledge.

Stupidity is wisdom.

Lots of wise and knowledgeable people mess up their lives and self-destruct. Too clever for their own good.

Ignorance perpetuates itself and so does stupidity.

The ignorant and stupid shall inherit the earth.
"Only the educated are free" - Epictetus
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy" -Beethoven
"Everyday life is the way" -Wumen
"Do not permit the events of your daily life to bind you, but never withdraw yourself from them" - Wumen
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9486
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am
Location: Far away from the BS

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby encode_decode » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:38 am

Power eventually self destructs ... Entropy ... Empire ... Bully
This is evident when history is taken into account.
Weakness self perpetuates ... water metaphor ...
Doesn't power self perpetuate too?
NT ... "the meek shall inherit the earth" ... "blessed are the poor in spirit".
Sometimes I wonder(especially given the present) whether after the meek inherit the earth - power will perpetuate and in turn inherit - then fall apart leaving the meek to inherit again - giving power the chance to perpetuate - the problem here is the word perpetuate. You can not have both weak and power perpetuating - you say weakness self perpetuates but entropy is just when an ordered system falls into disorder. So are you saying disorder is a good thing?
Bounded Rationality is always at work - the flow of mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion. Possibly and probably more. There are more versions of reality than people.
User avatar
encode_decode
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:22 am

phyllo wrote:The ignorant and stupid shall inherit the earth.


I assume you are talking about todays' world ... suppose yesterdays for that matter too.

Personally, I'm hopeful humanity will step off the tread mill at some point. :D
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
User avatar
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:16 am

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:29 am

encode_decode wrote:
Power eventually self destructs ... Entropy ... Empire ... Bully
This is evident when history is taken into account.
Weakness self perpetuates ... water metaphor ...
Doesn't power self perpetuate too?
NT ... "the meek shall inherit the earth" ... "blessed are the poor in spirit".
Sometimes I wonder(especially given the present) whether after the meek inherit the earth - power will perpetuate and in turn inherit - then fall apart leaving the meek to inherit again - giving power the chance to perpetuate - the problem here is the word perpetuate. You can not have both weak and power perpetuating - you say weakness self perpetuates but entropy is just when an ordered system falls into disorder. So are you saying disorder is a good thing?


encode_decode ... I'm surprised at your rather myopic response to the OP ... particularly given your knowledge and understanding of the Dao De Jing.

Of course the "weak" with leadership will fall into the same quicksand ... the lust for power phenomenon.

That's what makes the Dao De Jing so unique ... the mysterious "sage" who embodies the concept of "Wu Wei" ... take no action form of leadership.

The community of the weak ... about 7 billion people today ... are not the problem ... the problem is the apparent need for leadership ... when the need for leadership evaporates ... all the crap it drags along in it's train will evaporate as well. N'est-ce pas?
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
User avatar
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:16 am

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby encode_decode » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:17 am

I think your thread is very interesting and may only end up reading the rest of it instead of commenting on it.

encode_decode ... I'm surprised at your rather myopic response to the OP ... particularly given your knowledge and understanding of the Dao De Jing.
I am not surprised that you are surprised. I feel myopia kicks in each and every time we try to analyze something given totality is bigger than us all.

The community of the weak ... about 7 billion people today ... are not the problem ... the problem is the apparent need for leadership ... when the need for leadership evaporates ... all the crap it drags along in it's train will evaporate as well. N'est-ce pas?
Agreed.

I know I do not make perfect sense - since I am but one man - I am however presenting something deeper here. I both agree and disagree at the same time - that is a painful thing to consider - but it also leaves me in awe of totality.

Is weakness strength? I think they are both one in the same and still yet can not be perfectly certain.

My username for instance: encode_decode - what do you think it actually is?

We take information in and we let information out - these "two" streams are often in conflict with one another.
Bounded Rationality is always at work - the flow of mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion. Possibly and probably more. There are more versions of reality than people.
User avatar
encode_decode
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby James S Saint » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:01 am

Strategy is strength.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 24513
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:58 am

James S Saint wrote:Strategy is strength.


OK ... suppose this OP was just terminated. :lol:

Strategy depends somewhat on having/acquiring more/better information/knowledge/intuition than your opponent. For example ... Google probably still has the edge in terms of measuring sentiment(s) of the masses ... globally.

Yes ... no?

If yes ... and one's knowledge/intuition or access to knowledge/intuition is compromised ... how doesn't matter ... the advantage is neutered??

Maybe the Nooscope is up and running? :lol:
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
User avatar
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:16 am

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby James S Saint » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:17 am

pilgrim-seeker_tom wrote:
James S Saint wrote:Strategy is strength.


OK ... suppose this OP was just terminated. :lol:

Strategy depends somewhat on having/acquiring more/better information/knowledge/intuition than your opponent. For example ... Google probably still has the edge in terms of measuring sentiment(s) of the masses ... globally.

Yes ... no?

Yes. It is called "consciousness".

pilgrim-seeker_tom wrote:If yes ... and one's knowledge/intuition or access to knowledge/intuition is compromised ... how doesn't matter ... the advantage is neutered??

If one is made unconscious, he has certainly lost any advantage. That is why Life is the most powerful force in the universe.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 24513
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:39 am

If one is made unconscious, he has certainly lost any advantage. That is why Life is the most powerful force in the universe.


James ... are you intentionally attempting to conflate the issue?

Strategy is the purview of a select few. Yes -No?

Life is the purview of 7 billion+ individuals.

Obviously you don't believe the equation ... One Life = One Unit of "powerful force"

Nonetheless 7 billion lives is a formidable force to reckon with ... n'est-ce pas?

Reminds me of an expression a real estate mogul (consumer real estate) mentioned many years ago ... "people are like a school of fish ... you never know where they will feed next.
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
User avatar
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:16 am

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby James S Saint » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:27 am

pilgrim-seeker_tom wrote:
If one is made unconscious, he has certainly lost any advantage. That is why Life is the most powerful force in the universe.


James ... are you intentionally attempting to conflate the issue?

"Intentional", me?
.. never.

pilgrim-seeker_tom wrote:Strategy is the purview of a select few. Yes -No?

Emmm.. if you mean "the talent of a select few", then no. Every life operates via its strategies.

pilgrim-seeker_tom wrote:Life is the purview of 7 billion+ individuals.

Obviously you don't believe the equation ... One Life = One Unit of "powerful force"

Nonetheless 7 billion lives is a formidable force to reckon with ... n'est-ce pas?

Reminds me of an expression a real estate mogul (consumer real estate) mentioned many years ago ... "people are like a school of fish ... you never know where they will feed next.

On Earth Life = 100trillion individuals. You don't seriously think that human activity equates to life on Earth.

But I still don't understand your complaint. :-k
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 24513
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:55 pm

But I still don't understand your complaint. :-k


No complaint ... I humbly acknowledge your far superior intellect. let me start with a brief review of "me".

I'm a "small town" old man who has bumbled through life trying to figure out if my life has some purpose/meaning ... no luck yet. :D

I've often posted comments describing my virtual "isolation" from the world ... ergo: no opportunity to engage in face to face dialogue. Exasperating the situation is the fact that my "confidants" have all been long dead. :D

From time to time ... from boredom mostly ... I engage in ILP e-conversations.

Obviously my thinking is not always "orthodox" ... ergo: consistent with main stream thought. Though I rarely spend much energy defending my thoughts/opinions.

Back to the OP ... let me state it differently.

First let me share a post by Amorphos in another OP:

The duality is a principle acting upon the oneness! 2 cannot be the origins, it has to be 1 [or 0].


Something that may be perceived as "weakness" is the fact that most ... perhaps almost all ... people have yet been unable to transcend "duality"/"dualism" ... the result being these same people are unable to view/understand the "ONENESS" and where this "ONENESS" is taking humanity ... ergo: to the shores of "ONENESS".

Teilhard's Omega Point theory.

Teilhard acknowledged that reaching the Omega Point may take another million years ... perhaps more.

OTH ... it may happen in 2017.
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
User avatar
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:16 am

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby phyllo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:36 pm

Something that may be perceived as "weakness" is the fact that most ... perhaps almost all ... people have yet been unable to transcend "duality"/"dualism" ... the result being these same people are unable to view/understand the "ONENESS" and where this "ONENESS" is taking humanity ... ergo: to the shores of "ONENESS".
There is nothing to transcend.

There is nothing to understand.
"Only the educated are free" - Epictetus
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy" -Beethoven
"Everyday life is the way" -Wumen
"Do not permit the events of your daily life to bind you, but never withdraw yourself from them" - Wumen
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9486
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am
Location: Far away from the BS

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby Is_Yde_opN » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:57 pm

Image

Now ya thinkin....

Image
User avatar
Is_Yde_opN
Thinker
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby Ierrellus » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:02 pm

Dualism is an operative principle in both nuclear activity and genetic development. This interacts with that in order to produce something that is the more than this or that alone. Holism, at best, is one thing comprised by a variety of things--a plenitude. In other words dualism describes the activity by which the one is formed. What is seen as weakness may amount to the easing of tension between conflicting forces.
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12192
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:52 pm
Location: state of evolving

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:19 pm

[quote="Is_Yde_opN"]Image

That is not necessarily true.

I have been profoundly aware at times of something which I, in essence, have never really had.

I feel a loss at particular moments and know that I have lost something which I never really had ~~ strange though it may seem.
SAPERE AUDE!


You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
Harlan Ellison

I learn as I write!
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 14308
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:36 pm

once again we fall into a trap here and that trap is simple...

what is "weakness"? how would you understand "weakness"...

as a man, I often fall into the trap of thinking that women are "weak" because
they don't act as I do... and yet, women seem to get what they want, perhaps because
they are "weak"? their, for lack of better work... coping mechanism is bend but don't break...
women are much more like water, the bend to the situation better then men...
when faced with a situation, I tend to be a man and I fight... I am aggressive
and attack when faced with a situation whereas women don't do that...
and that is often far more successful then men... is their so called
"weakness" actually their strength

you have to understand the situation and deal with it, cope with it,
and women and men have far different skills in dealing with a situation
and men call women skills "weak".... I have no idea what women call it for men,
but I suspect its something along the lines of.... "he is a man" and the
implications of that for women.....

the point I am making is this, calling something weak or strong
really depends on how you define weak or strong.....

water can be called weak and yet, water can injure me and enough water
can kill me... so is it really weak? depends on how you define weak....

the saying "the meek shall inherit the earth"
depends on who we call the "meek".... and how we define
weakness and strength......

now many would call my handicap of a hearing loss as a weakness and yet,
in many ways, it has been a strength... I don't stand in the world of
the hearing and I don't stand in the world of the deaf.. I am in between
as I am in between in so much in life... but my hearing loss can be called
a weakness and still, it can be a strength..... depending on who is doing the
accounting.....

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"

The RNC has announced that's its changing the Republican emblem from
an elephant to an condom because it more clearly reflects the party's political
stance: a condom stands for inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation,
protects a bunch of pricks, and gives one a sense of security while screwing others.

Kropotkin
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5596
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby Is_Yde_opN » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:20 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:That is not necessarily true.

I have been profoundly aware at times of something which I, in essence, have never really had.

I feel a loss at particular moments and know that I have lost something which I never really had ~~ strange though it may seem.



That's besides the meme.

But anyway, maybe you are missing something instead of loss?
Or are you using loss because you think you had something almost or had the potential for something which then didn't come about?
You know..., like missing out on an inheritance or something.
In a way, metaphorically, that might actually be it, in that case.
User avatar
Is_Yde_opN
Thinker
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:30 pm

Is_Yde_opN wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:That is not necessarily true.

I have been profoundly aware at times of something which I, in essence, have never really had.

I feel a loss at particular moments and know that I have lost something which I never really had ~~ strange though it may seem.



That's besides the meme.

But anyway, maybe you are missing something instead of loss?
Or are you using loss because you think you had something almost or had the potential for something which then didn't come about?
You know..., like missing out on an inheritance or something.
In a way, metaphorically, that might actually be it, in that case.


google...
Loss - the state or feeling of grief when deprived of someone or something of value.

...or in my case, in my moments of realization, when it comes home to me in a manner of speaking, the life and person which I might have been and become, the unconditional love and relationship which I might have had, if I had had this someone of great value.

I almost gave up a friendship because someone could not understand how I could miss and ache and feel the loss of having not grown up with a father.
Once in a while, I conjure up images of reincarnation (which I don't believe in) and how wonderful it might be having that kind of a relationship with a man. I'll say to myself: I hope in my next life I get to experience this.
One cannot understand this loss unless they have experienced it.


So, yes, you can "lose" what you never had every moment you are reminded of this with the relationships between good fathers and their daughters.
SAPERE AUDE!


You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
Harlan Ellison

I learn as I write!
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 14308
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:09 am

Arcturus Descending wrote:I have been profoundly aware at times of something which I, in essence, have never really had.

I feel a loss at particular moments and know that I have lost something which I never really had ~~ strange though it may seem.


'Consciousness Seeker' ... taking your tag at face value ... ergo: sincere/honest ... supports your post. Similar experiences are reported in all spheres ... philosophy ... science ... and religion.

Generally ... any individual who claims more than a temporary ... of very short duration ... glimpse of "Consciousness" is a charlatan ... including those individuals who translate their experience into human language.

The 'experience' is outside the envelope of main stream experience/thought ... making efforts to explain it a waste of time and effort.

A logical and intuitive explanation is that the human mind is simply not equipped to handle such encounter(s).
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
User avatar
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:16 am

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:12 am

Peter Kropotkin wrote:once again we fall into a trap here and that trap is simple...

what is "weakness"? how would you understand "weakness"...

as a man, I often fall into the trap of thinking that women are "weak" because
they don't act as I do... and yet, women seem to get what they want, perhaps because
they are "weak"? their, for lack of better work... coping mechanism is bend but don't break...
women are much more like water, the bend to the situation better then men...
when faced with a situation, I tend to be a man and I fight... I am aggressive
and attack when faced with a situation whereas women don't do that...
and that is often far more successful then men... is their so called
"weakness" actually their strength

you have to understand the situation and deal with it, cope with it,
and women and men have far different skills in dealing with a situation
and men call women skills "weak".... I have no idea what women call it for men,
but I suspect its something along the lines of.... "he is a man" and the
implications of that for women.....

the point I am making is this, calling something weak or strong
really depends on how you define weak or strong.....

water can be called weak and yet, water can injure me and enough water
can kill me... so is it really weak? depends on how you define weak....

the saying "the meek shall inherit the earth"
depends on who we call the "meek".... and how we define
weakness and strength......

now many would call my handicap of a hearing loss as a weakness and yet,
in many ways, it has been a strength... I don't stand in the world of
the hearing and I don't stand in the world of the deaf.. I am in between
as I am in between in so much in life... but my hearing loss can be called
a weakness and still, it can be a strength..... depending on who is doing the
accounting.....

Kropotkin


Peter ... thank you ... thank you ... thank you ... for your constructive comments ... a rare enough treat ... for me at least ... here at ILP
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
User avatar
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:16 am

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby Is_Yde_opN » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:53 am

Arcturus Descending wrote:
Is_Yde_opN wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:That is not necessarily true.

I have been profoundly aware at times of something which I, in essence, have never really had.

I feel a loss at particular moments and know that I have lost something which I never really had ~~ strange though it may seem.



That's besides the meme.

But anyway, maybe you are missing something instead of loss?
Or are you using loss because you think you had something almost or had the potential for something which then didn't come about?
You know..., like missing out on an inheritance or something.
In a way, metaphorically, that might actually be it, in that case.


google...
Loss - the state or feeling of grief when deprived of someone or something of value.

...or in my case, in my moments of realization, when it comes home to me in a manner of speaking, the life and person which I might have been and become, the unconditional love and relationship which I might have had, if I had had this someone of great value.

I almost gave up a friendship because someone could not understand how I could miss and ache and feel the loss of having not grown up with a father.
Once in a while, I conjure up images of reincarnation (which I don't believe in) and how wonderful it might be having that kind of a relationship with a man. I'll say to myself: I hope in my next life I get to experience this.
One cannot understand this loss unless they have experienced it.


So, yes, you can "lose" what you never had every moment you are reminded of this with the relationships between good fathers and their daughters.



My google turns up
loss - the fact or process of losing something or someone.

Which is a hilarious definition.

I got another one.
Girl says - "Guess what, I lost something I never had."
Me - "Your innocence."
Girl - "You are no fun to play with."
Me - "You lost your innocence at 18 but you never were innocent, you were born wicked."
Girl - "Ha--Ha, very funny."
Me - "Hey, I also know better things to play than word games."


I'm such a klutz when it comes to the feelings.



Anyway, so I have this disability. Two options, guys.
Either we think of my disability as a strength and therefore I am and do feel good (better) about it.
Or we say weakness is good and I am worthy of special consideration because of my lot in life yadda yadda.
Actually, I'd like to have both if possible.
Guys, get on it. Figure this stuff out.
User avatar
Is_Yde_opN
Thinker
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby phyllo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:28 pm

It makes no sense to talk about strength and weakness separate from intention, goals and purpose.

If you want to win an Olympic goal in Weightlifting, then you need lots of muscular strength. If you want to win an Olympic goal in Marathon, then that same muscular strength is a weakness. You need other 'strengths' to win Marathon.
"Only the educated are free" - Epictetus
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy" -Beethoven
"Everyday life is the way" -Wumen
"Do not permit the events of your daily life to bind you, but never withdraw yourself from them" - Wumen
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9486
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am
Location: Far away from the BS

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby Is_Yde_opN » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:10 pm

I am strong now!
- A guide how to feel good about yoself n'shit with word games.

I hear this is a legitimate thing.
And with legitimate I don't mean it's legal but I mean it as "it's a good, positive, thing".

The more word games change the more they stay about the same.
User avatar
Is_Yde_opN
Thinker
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Weakness is strength??

Postby Amorphos » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:05 pm

Perhaps weakness is strength because strength is weakness. That is to say, if you look at anything people regard in themselves as strength, you usually discover that they are strong because inside they are weak, and its a reaction to that weakness. A covering up of that.
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
User avatar
Amorphos
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6939
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: infinity

Next

Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media