Weakness is strength??

Why should weakness be strength? Don’t you know that weakness is already weakness and that sterngth is already strength?

Phyllo … it’s usually recognized by looking back … some time after the mysterious inflection point. Like our birth … we have no idea how or when we were born … the recollection is buried in the shadows of memory. We accept what other people tell us about our birth. Ditto for conception … I wonder at what age Steve Job realized his caretakers were not his biological parents.

“Self” is a transient entity … never remains the same for one instant.

pilgrim-seeker_tom

…and do you find this to be a positive?

pilgrim-seeker_tom

So what are you saying here - that the above-listed are part of our “true” Self?

The notion of “Collective Consciousness” has not graduated from the realm of ideas into the realm of generally accepted reality … yet! Although it is gaining more traction and new adherents every day.

Collective Unconsciousness —> Collective Consciousness —> Collective Will

I find the above ‘idea’ positive.

If one accepts that “self” is a transient entity … logic compels us to believe the “true” Self is the product of many life times … each lifetime building on the aggregate of previous lifetimes. This idea dovetails nicely with the Buddhist notion of reincarnation … the connection is not so clear in the Arahamic traditions.

Well, for me, at first glance, the Borg, Nazi Germany and Isis come to mind.

Is THAT positive to you?

Can be a very dangerous concept or ideal.

[b]

[/b]

Well, if Confucius was before me at this moment, I would tell him the same thing I am telling you.
I was not telling you what to see. I was simply telling you what could also be seen - another direction, if you will - giving another perspective.

There are many perspectives since many things are open to interpretation. We all see things differently and from different angles and one size does not fit all. You are certainly entitled to your own perspective but it is not the only one.

I agree with Nietzsche: that things need to be turned inside out and upside down and this way and that. I am paraphrasing here.

per·spec·tiv·ism
pərˈspektəˌvizəm/Submit
noun
PHILOSOPHY
the theory that knowledge of a subject is inevitably partial and limited by the individual perspective from which it is viewed.
the practice of regarding and analyzing a situation or work of art from different points of view.

Incidentally, I did say that…

The phrase, for me, suggests that it is only my viewpoint.

One more thing before I go. This is only my perspective of course but it is somewhat aggravating when someone hides behind the quote[s] of another (Confucius in this instance) in order to issue an insult under the guise of a so-called argument.

Have a nice day.

[b]

[/b]

[b]

[/b]

[b]

[/b]

Seems you do not go along with d) as well. :slight_smile:

Since what you said here is kind of ambiguous, at least to me, I will not assume/presume what you meant.
A little clarity is called for.

[b]

[/b]

1. Within the framework of our e-exchange Confucius and Nietzsche are saying the same thing. The differences in expression are rooted in cultural differences.

2. Anger is a complex emotion. Like an erupting volcano … we see the manifestation of bursts of anger yet we rarely fully understand the underlying factors that lead to an eruption.

3. Words are woefully over rated … words taken out of context often leads to serious misunderstandings.

But Nietzsche within his statement was not insulting someone. He was telling us to take another look, and then another look, and then yet another look ~~ that there are other perspectives, interpretation, representations, ad continuum to things. You, on the other hand, were, by using Confucius as your shield to insult.

You are welcome to your perspective but I see it the other way. Words are actually woefully underrated.
Words do have meaning and they have great power.

It was up to you to clarify YOUR meaning. It was up to you to apply the right context. But I intuit a purpose in your not doing so. It is a pattern.

[b]

[/b]

A generally accepted banality … despite the claim not being supported universally across time and space.

[b]

[/b]

[b]

[/b]

[b]

[/b]

I would argue that words are extraordinarily powerful.
You could use words in any order you choose. Your words could not hurt me.
I have two daughters. Both have the capacity to use words in such a way as to hurt me. Words are very powerful. Dynamic, They should be used with caution. They should be licenced.
If you wish to use words in a public place, You should first of all have to say why you wish to use words in a public place. You must have a good reason. There is no good reason for suggesting that Slavery is good. Thinking yourself a genius is no excuse. Words are dynamic. They carry a lifetime of experience. People have been using words since shortly after the first person to formulate words. Mate! How powerful was he! When first he spoke, everyone said, what did he say?
Using words to hurt the people who gave you life should be a no no,
It’s a personal view, I’ll grant you.
I’m pissed.

Insightful comments … is being ‘pissed’ help? :slight_smile:

Several of your comments are rooted in observations … the manifestations of the impact of ‘words’ in certain situations. The fact that identical words have absolutely no effect when arriving from different sources confirms that the words in and of themselves have no power.

We attribute the ‘power’ to the words because we have no other acceptable explanation. Logic suggests the ‘words’ are simply the conduit of some mysterious power.

PST: Insightful comments … is being ‘pissed’ help?

Someone removed the, “DO NOT USE THIS COMPUTER WHEN PISSED” sign!

Nothing mysterious. Words are symbols. They are used to transfer thoughts from one person to another.

A pragmatic truth …

Yet for me, there’s merit in exploring a much broader function … for example … the Freudian Slip

Or is it called a “Sleudian frip”?

:wink:

[tab][/tab]