I'm back on youtube!

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Magnus Anderson » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:04 pm

You are basically a dead person because it would take you too much of your time to recover from stress you have suffered in the past. But instead of being honest, you are pretending you can save yourself via drugs, without actually healing your wounds.
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3259
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:11 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:You are basically a dead person because it would take you too much of your time to recover from stress you have suffered in the past. But instead of being honest, you are pretending you can save yourself via drugs, without actually healing your wounds.


Are you talking to me or someone else?
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.
 
Posts: 7753
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Magnus Anderson » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:12 pm

I am speaking to the cosmos.
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3259
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Magnus Anderson » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:31 pm

I am not a masochist. That white guy Pandora linked to in another thread is because he wanted to experience stress that is beyond his level of tolerance . . . just for the thrill. There is no reason for that. I also think he didn't know what his threshold level is so he kinda thought he might get a jackpot . . . he would let bullet ants sting his arm and maybe he would discover he is strong after all. That's gambling. No need for that. If you want to know your pain threshold level, all you have to do is gradually expose yourself to the pain inducing stimulus until you reach the point when you have to pull out. No need to freak yourself out.

I am not saying you should expose yourself to any kind of stress. That's stupid.

But once you've been exposed to it, for whatever reason, you have to focus on making a full recovery from it.

Instead of dreaming of zero stress universes. Which distracts from recovery.
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3259
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:56 pm

I ain't Ecmandu. I wouldn't make a zero stress or pain universe, that's boring. My universe would have Quake 3 arena deathmatch where you feel the pain (but also have it so you can respawn after you die.)
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.
 
Posts: 7753
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:59 pm

Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6748
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Pandora » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:10 am

A Shieldmaiden wrote:
------------------------------------------------------------------
When I used the word empathy I suppose I am using it in it's original meaning where empathy named aesthetic experiences of other people a more scientific physics-psychological process, which has it's own field of investigation and which Ecmandu seems to embrace.
No, saying that Ecmandu is just having a particular kind of aesthetic experience, does not excuse him from judgment. He cannot hide in an art gallery. There are people who like being chained and whipped in dungeons and write books about it describing it as having as one of the kind spiritual or aesthetic experience, and it still does not excuse them from being judged and psychoanalyzed. I'm sure many of people in mental asylums would claim to have some kind of extraordinary aesthetic experience, not fully understood by the rest of people. So what?

Besides, Ecmandu should be thankful - he was asking for attention... and he got it.

You're welcome, Ecmandu.


Ecmandu wrote:I'm an ultra narcissist because I want everyone to have everything they want in their own constructed universes???
No, because, YOU want to have everything your way in your fantasy universe.
Narcissism as the story goes is people who can't stop looking in the mirror ...
That's you, Ecmandu.
Pain and suffering eh?

You should thank everything in existence that you haven't experienced what I have endured ...

If you experienced even 5 seconds of my life, you shallow arrogant assholes, you'd throw yourself off a building... I don't need your puerile crap about how noble you are.
Oh yeah, you're not a narcissist. :-?

It's not noble to endure pain, it's not a fucking game you shallow pieces of shit!!!
Have I compared pain to a game?

Anyone who has really suffered would NEVER talk like you!!
Sounds like you might have had a nervous breakdown.

Are you broken, Ecmandu?
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3740
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:21 am

A narcissist is not a person who wants everything to go their way, a narcissist is a person who wants everything to go their way at the expense of others. Which you are.

Im the opposite of a narcissist and megalomaniac.

Everyone gets their way and doesn't hurt anyone.

I would NEVER have Trixies Quake heaven. But Id never tell Trixie to not have her quake heaven!!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6748
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Meno_ » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:15 am

Ec: No pain-no gain. It's kind of soothing. For it is merely a case of misunderstanding after all.
Meno_
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2154
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby surreptitious57 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:50 am

Ecmandu wrote:
A narcissist is not a person who wants everything to go their way a narcissist is a person who wants everything to go their way at the expense of others

A sociopath is someone who can take pleasure in the misfortune of others because they always have to be in control and have low levels of empathy

A narcissist is someone who loves themselves obsessively
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:35 am

Ecmandu wrote:[A] narcissist is a person who wants everything to go their way at the expense of others.


No.

A narcissist is a person who cannot accept who he is because that fact triggers too many emotional reactions. In other words, his past is very painful, no doubt because it is rich in mistakes, and he has no patience for it. So instead, he denies who he is by pretending he is someone else. That makes him feel good.

Usually, he is compassionate, like you are, because he has no interest in tolerating pain, instead demanding that the world be configured in such a way such that he never feels pain.
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3259
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:54 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:
A narcissist is not a person who wants everything to go their way a narcissist is a person who wants everything to go their way at the expense of others

A sociopath is someone who can take pleasure in the misfortune of others because they always have to be in control and have low levels of empathy

A narcissist is someone who loves themselves obsessively


Ahh… we're starting to use psychological terms here. On this, I am an expert. You and Magnus and Pandora.

Here's the deal…. anyone who enjoys life for ANY reason when someone is starving to death on the streets is a psychopath. You are one.

How can you not love yourself obsessively if you don't want to be gang raped?

It's honestly like I'm talking to infants. Personality disorders are basically a big clump of overlap
Last edited by Ecmandu on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6748
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:56 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:[A] narcissist is a person who wants everything to go their way at the expense of others.


No.

A narcissist is a person who cannot accept who he is because that fact triggers too many emotional reactions. In other words, his past is very painful, no doubt because it is rich in mistakes, and he has no patience for it. So instead, he denies who he is by pretending he is someone else. That makes him feel good.

Usually, he is compassionate, like you are, because he has no interest in tolerating pain, instead demanding that the world be configured in such a way such that he never feels pain.


This is the problem with you Magnus. You think emotional reactions are BAD, BAD, BAD…

You're stunting your growth as a person.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6748
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:19 pm

Maybe you should stop being so reactive for once and pay close attention to what the other is saying.

It is narcissists, such as you, who reject emotional reactions for the simple reason that they are painful.
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3259
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Meno_ » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:25 pm

Most times narcissist become someone else inadvertently.They not only wear different hats, they were born as Joseph Campbell described them, on their way to higher incarnation
That is the realms pain initially, the narcissism is an over reactiona of their natural confusion in this process.
Meno_
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2154
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:43 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:Maybe you should stop being so reactive for once and pay close attention to what the other is saying.

It is narcissists, such as you, who reject emotional reactions for the simple reason that they are painful.


Magnus, I'm not a narcissist, I have no psychosis, and I'm not autistic...

Have you ever heard the phrase "thou doth protest too much!" Without meeting you, I am 100% certain that you're just talking to yourself, that you are the narcissist you so loathe
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6748
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:46 pm

No problem, you are whatever you want to be.
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3259
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:59 pm

Nice passive aggressive post there Magnus...

Here's what I tried to explain earlier:

Narcissism is not the disorder of always looking in the mirror... It's the disorder of not looking in the mirror... Of not seeing that you're talking to yourself when you talk to others ...

The reason people are so adverse to me saying what I say, is that they want to think of themselves as upright, good people...

And then here comes ecmandu with a proof that you're all assholes and cunts...

I can hold that space, you cannot Magnus...

I'm not the one with the huge ego here... All of you are.

You're talking to yourselves, believing your talking to me.

Personality disorders all blend together...

Narcissists are sociopaths, are histrionic and are borderline ....

You are all so dead to yourselves that you can't even see it.

You know what?? I don't want to fucking fix you, I just want heaven for all of us where we are ...

Does Pandora really think that someone who uses behavioral signatures of other people only cares about themselves... Actually, pandora doesn't even know what the fuck I'm talking about... But she knows I factually called her evil.

You folks are jokes of human beings
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6748
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:13 pm

You're simply the best.
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3259
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby MagsJ » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:36 pm

Ecmandu wrote:This is the problem with you Magnus. You think emotional reactions are BAD, BAD, BAD…

You're stunting your growth as a person.

Some emotions hinder, and some help.. it depends on what is useful in today's current sociotel climate.

Some emotions and traditions really are prehistoric, and modern strains of humans have adapted to quickly adapting to this problem.
Image
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 16779
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:18 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:You're simply the best.


This is how poor your mind is ... You think this about yourself and project it on me.

My philosophy of life is that there are no kings or queens, lords or ladies...

There is only what makes us all equal ...

Like I said earlier ... I have to do all your work for you, like an infant, spooning apple sauce into your mouth.

You're not even old enough to understand that you're a dependent infant.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6748
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:01 am

Sure, we're all equal, it's just that you're more equal than me, so you have to spoon-feed me.

No contradiction whatsoever. Keep up the good job.

And remember: you're better than all the rest.
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3259
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:Sure, we're all equal, it's just that you're more equal than me, so you have to spoon-feed me.

No contradiction whatsoever. Keep up the good job.

And remember: you're better than all the rest.


My "job" so to speak, is to facilitate everyone in heaven. The true equality: doesn't make me a king ...

Unlike me, your actual world view is that you are better than others, because you want real people to worship you, instead of philosophic zombies...

That is evil

It's not a contradiction, so much as a paradox ...

As the Bible says "the lowest become the highest, and the highest become the lowest"

Let me explain this better...

You're a guy who says I'm a hypocrite for saying the clouds are made of precipitation, instead of blue cheese, which you claim.

You say I think I'm superior to you, even though you're doing the same thing I'm doing...

Asserting our idea of truth - truth, of course is on my side... But I'm working really hard (unlike you) to put you in a world where clouds are made of blue cheese so you can be right.

Parents know more than children ...

That makes them better at knowledge
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6748
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby surreptitious57 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:31 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:
A narcissist is not a person who wants everything to go their way a narcissist is a person who wants everything to go their way at the expense of others

A sociopath is someone who can take pleasure in the misfortune of others because they always have to be in control and have low levels of empathy

A narcissist is someone who loves themselves obsessively

anyone who enjoys life for ANY reason when someone is starving to death on the streets is a psychopath

That is not the definition of a psychopath and is nowhere near the actual definition either

How can you not love yourself obsessively if you dont want to be gang raped

That is not the definition of a narcissist and is also nowhere near the actual definition

It is honestly like I am talking to infants

Honestly no it is not like that at all
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: I'm back on youtube!

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:47 pm

Surreptitious,

I'm going by the definitions in DSM 1-5

You are in D-E-N-I-A-L

I said earlier that people are figuring out that I'm factually calling them assholes and cunts, by their own definitions ...

So they march against me with bullshit
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6748
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fixed Cross