Work Stinx

It feels good not to work at all, or very much.
For me, the absence of work, or pain and stress, is infinitely more pleasurable and valuable than luxury.
I’d rather do nothing, or only what I feel like doing, and have nothing, than do everything, or only what I don’t feel like doing, and have everything.
I’d rather have little, and make the most of it, than have a lot, and make the least of it.
Most people say work hard, play hard, but I’d say work soft, play soft.
People produce/consume too much I think.
You only need to produce/consume what you need, everything else is often more trouble than it’s worth.
If more people thought like me, the world would probably be much better shape, environmentally especially.
The more people work, the more resources are extracted from the earth, and turned into arbitrary status symbols.

I agree with this idea and in the far future i plan to help facilitate a camp for people who want peace and minimalistic philosophy.

Count me in Dan, I’ve had similar thoughts before myself.

We can become friends then many years from now we’ll make it happen.
If you want to know more about me we can talk in PMs and emails.

You can think of reasons to not do stuff, and then you end up with a big fat load of nothing. As I’ve been there before [no work], my advice would be to not find reasons to not do stuff.

The world wont be better imho, and is better because most people do do stuff. Stress is good! …just not toooo much of it.

If I wasn’t so lazy, I’d be working around the clock to make robots to save people from factory labor.

My destiny in life is to be a rich billionaire, to make the plans, start a charity and tell others to build the robots so I don’t have to.

I’m sure we’ll get to know each other better in the coming weeks and months.
I too would like to start some social thing based on minimalist principles.

I’d want to join your group, but think is I’m anti social. Interacting with humans makes me deeply uncomfortable. Even PMing people gives me anxiety.

In my view, doing nothing is a challenge of itself, I’m thinking of challenging myself to do and especially have even less, or else do things that’re creative and healthy for myself, people and our planet, rather than things that’re productive in a capitalistic or monetary sense.

I would say embrace your laziness, don’t do too much, don’t set the bar too high, only things that’re fairly easy/aren’t too difficult are worth doing.

It sounds like you want to work hard to save others from hard work.
That’s admirable.
Thing is thou we can all work a lot less right, now, individually, by cutting back on expenditures, by not competing hard with each other for jobs, by getting away with least amount of work possible, and by working with fellow employees against capitalists.
There’s lots of things we can do, or not do, take the bus to work, apply for low income housing, live with others to cut back on costs…

That’s okay, asocial people are fine, in fact you could say they’re practicing social minimalism, by minimizing the amount of interactions they have with others, minimizing friends, family, acquaintances, associates and so on, that’s part of minimalism too.
However, I think even minimalists, schizoids/avoidants need a little social interaction, and social interaction would be a lot easier with like-minded people as opposed to people who pressure them into being something they’re not, or into having high standards.

That’s not a good way to build character…if you want one. Sure, it’s easy to be a hero when you get to pick your environment, but that’s not how life flows. The problem is, people are afraid to change and life often necessitates that.

Don’t know about you, but a hot lesbian dominatrix is all I need. Like John Lennon said, all you need is love.

You lazy SOB.

If by character, you mean the ability to persevere, endure a lot of pain and risk, for future pleasure, reward, than yea, I won’t be building a lot of character.
You don’t need a lot of character in life, just enough to survive, I’m not interested in building much more character than I need.
I think making an effort, striving for what one needs is important, but striving for great wealth and riches is superfluous, and often more trouble than it’s worth, not just for oneself but for the sake of nature.
After one has what they need, the idea is just really appreciate it, enjoy it and life.
Perpetual striving in my view is a sort of sickness.

If I was going to strive for something other than what I need, I would strive to be more creative, virtuous and wise, rather than after materialism/hedonism, or being more productive solely for the sake of it.
If I was going to strive for something, it’d be to be more temperate, sober, and helping others do the same.
I’d strive to be more abstinent as opposed to more materially productive.

I’d probably be happier with someone with average or mediocre looks, who actually understood and cared about me.

To survive? I see, you prefer a passive life, then.

Reason people become millionaires is because people are impossible. I know a lot of virgin millionaires who can’t get laid so they get obsessed with money because they have a plan they will finally get laid that way. My thing is, saving animals…people seem closed minded and can’t listen to me, the only way I will save animals is being a millionarre.