Work Stinx

To survive? I see, you prefer a passive life, then.

Reason people become millionaires is because people are impossible. I know a lot of virgin millionaires who can’t get laid so they get obsessed with money because they have a plan they will finally get laid that way. My thing is, saving animals…people seem closed minded and can’t listen to me, the only way I will save animals is being a millionarre.

When it comes to things that’re more trouble than they’re worth, which is a lot of things in life, more than people estimate, then yea, I’m passive.
If they’re difficult to attain, and I can do without, I won’t pursue them, or at least with any intensity.

You don’t have to become a millionaire to save animals, a poor person can make a difference.
Become an activist, or work for animal care/control.
Become a vegetarian, cut back on emissions and encourage others to do the same, etcetera, life doesn’t have to be all or nothing.

Animal control? Get out here with that shit. You’re worst than shitlibs…killing animals and cutting off their balls ain’t how I save animal kind from the humans.

I already am vegetarian…being vegetarian is the same as not being born…It does nothing. You have to be an obnoxious vegetarian if you want any change.

Well plants and animals don’t need our help to survive, they just need us to get out of their way, and we need to get out of our own way, by becoming more ascetic/minimalist.
By animal control I didn’t mean spaying/neutering, perhaps I should’ve used another term, I meant like helping protect species that’re on the verge of extinction, thanks to us.

There are only three kinds of people:

• Those who enjoy working,
  • the ignorant, and
  • the miserable.

Really?

Really.

… not counting; * The dead.

How is this knowledge?
Sorting humanity into 3 groups is like taking a bunch of potatoes then sorting them into the small, medium and large piles.
How is that science?
It doesn’t tell me much of anything.

Even Science has to begin somewhere.

Of course, it would help if scientists grasped the larger picture involved in categorizing, the relevance involved.

Life depends upon the effort to maintain it. In effect, that is what defines life. And the effort to maintain it is called “work”.

So the “relevance involved” is that either
1) You enjoy your life (aka the effort to maintain it, “work”)
2) You are merely ignorant of what is keeping you alive
… and thus will soon either die or change your perspective, or
3) You remain in a constant state of dissatisfaction until you either learn to enjoy living or die.
But then, scientists are not the most brilliant people on Earth, so no telling what they might choose to worship.

Yea, it takes effort, which is approximately a synonym for work, to maintain existence, and work can be enjoyable, it can also be a means to other ends.
So work itself is not an evil.
However, once one has succeeded in maintaining ones existence in fair health/the existence of whoever may be dependent on one, like family, than whatever work one does after that, is unnecessary.

Unless you’re rich, it already takes a lot of effort to attain the things needed sustain ones life force, such as good food, clothing and shelter, in fair health, whatever additional work one undertakes will be increasingly difficult and unnecessary, and so one ought to minimize such needless, fruitless stress, especially if it’s particularly painful, or one ultimately ends up risking what’s essential for what’s superfluous or trivial, which is known as vanity, or hubris, among other things.
And this is exactly what humanity is doing, and it shall be its undoing.
We consume hundreds of times more energy than any other species per head, and it must stop, or we will die, individually/collectively.

What you’re missing James, is yes, it takes effort/work to survive, but you know what else it takes, rest, the right balance of work and rest.
There’s also a kind of light work that is more restful, and is not a burden to oneself and ones environment, and this is the sort of work I advocate, after one has already attained what’s essential.
Work that is enjoyable, and doesn’t require a lot of resources and energy.

Most work, or more specifically, jobs are unpleasant, a means to ends.
And you don’t have to enjoy them to survive, althou it helps if you can, well, unless you enjoy them too much and become a workaholic, which can be detrimental for ones personal, social and environmental well-being.

But some species need to be controlled, by diminution of their population, because they will make other species scarce, by hunting them down for their own food supply.

Only boring people are bored.

There is a lot of work that “stinks” but what do you mean and how should we approach this?

Many jobs suck because of their low pay. I left a much more emotionally fulfilling job for a much more profitable one and I haven’t look back. I keep having to work less and less and I keep getting paid more and more. It’s a very sweet position. And that has its own emotional fulfillment.

What stinks is that you are working for less than what you are worth. Fight for what you are worth.

Organize.

It’s worth it.

I have a suspicion that James is a Chinese considering that he reduces everything to “work”, which is to say, as he defines it, here implicitly, to effort to survive.

Everything comes down to survival to him.
There are no needs unrelated to survival.
Every need is, directly or indirectly, in service of the need to survive.

I wouldn’t intervene in nature unless it was absolutely necessary to save a species that was in peril because of previous unconscious and monetarily/materially driven interference.
If a species were to die off naturally, because a species other than man was more fit, we should let it happen, excessive interventions will only promote the weak at the expense of the strong or have unintended, potentially dire consequences.
That being said, if it was a species we really admired/adored, perhaps it’d be worth making a few exceptions.
I mean don’t get me wrong, my species has more value to me than other species… but other species have value to me too, and we still are and probably will always be at least partly dependent on nature, on wilderness, we musn’t bite the hand that feeds us, or have to much hope and faith in social and scientific ‘progress’.