Why shouldn’t we treat the world with contempt?

Why shouldn’t we treat the world with the contempt it deserves?

The difficulty is where we do that there are people or animals and the environment involved, and they will be affected. however, we are thrown into this world and then thrown out of it [or terminated], so there can ultimately be no permanent positive results to our deeds.
On a spiritual level, seeing as we all end up somewhere else, one has to wonder if anything here really matters. The universe will produce x amount of souls, and that number will exist in all-time as potential. If we destroy the planet and no more souls are created from here, there will still be the same amount of souls born in the universe ~ as their seeds are already sown. If we already exist [e.g. in the otherworld] prior to universe, then being born is entirely unneeded in terms of being born makes us [like a machine to make souls]. Both of these things point to the futility of being born in this the wrong place, …unless there isn’t anything else [other than universe].

So maybe its all about lessons as people always say, yet without exception all of our flaws are causal. We didn’t do anything that makes us wrong or right! We didn’t have flaws prior to existing, and then the ones we have in life are acquired, inherited.

If all in all its not about having a point to our existence and there are just different realms to dwell in and this is just one of them, then nothing here or anywhere matters.

What if everything is throwaway?

What if god thinks everything is throwaway?

Thing is, if we live through our deaths and come out the other side of the abyss, doesn’t that also make everything throwaway? [in the sandman context].

what are we trying to preserve?

_

You are the permanent result, whether you are a positive or a negative is up to you.

It does sound negative, though its only a reflection - I don’t feel or want to feel like that, its just the world seams like that’s how it is.

I suppose that ‘the permanent result’ is something even if our faults are inherited. Those flaws would die with our bodies.

So we end up with a soul based upon our former existence? One which assumedly is as flawed as that was. …and its world, full of flawed people.

You bring whoever you are wherever you go. For myself, I have learned some valuable lessons about how to treat others as individuals rather than as groups and also, more folks are crippled on the inside, than the outside which I’m hoping pilgrim_tom has some insight about healing insides.

Any spiritual, theological philosophical mixology on my event horizon tom? :confused: Stop cringing JSS, that was my version of precision.

Thing is, if we reincarnate to Earth over and over, but in different bodies each time, your actions on Earth would still matter.

Musicians are praised, because they cause a synchronous consciousness between different iterations.

Why? Do you mean that we inherit the world the previous generation leaves, therefore in a sense the things we do to make the world better, results in a better place to be incarnated to?

that would at least make some sense.

edit; what about when the sun goes pop?

Humans will either be extinct or have the tech by then to either stop it going pop or move to other sectors.

I’ve considered this, but the distance is too great unless we find an earth-like planet at one of the nearest stars. I have wondered if we could send robotic ships out, with all it needs to build humans as well as machines. then the time it takes to get there is irrelevant.

Extinction and change/evolution into a different beings are part of what makes everything pointless, no? All our books one day will not get read, the info will be in an archaic language, and all will turn to dust. Or future humans will possibly read it and just think what the fuck is all this shit about lol.

On reflection is it bad if there is no point? All the former geniuses and famous writers and what have you, don’t really matter as time goes by. That means we make our own reasons and there is always a level playing field. in a way fame cramps our style and limits us e.g. in terms of positions thence already held by others. better to empty the cup!

_

Depends. Car racing will always be remembered in other worlds. This is because the physics to car racing is more complex than air-racing or hover racing. It contains more information. Tesla will be remembered not for his scientific contributions of ACDC, but for his observations on women. Characters like Jesus and Hitler will be remembered a million years from now due to their sheer absurdity. Plato, may stand the test of time, and Neitzche, for being downright nightmarish. Items like Kant, Hume, etc. will fade. Quacks like Einstein may be remembered, but only to forwarn worlds of pitfalls of their quackery upheld by social systems. Mona Lisa will fade over time, it is overrated. But certain videogames shall be remembered aeons into the future.

We have 5 million years to make the tech. It will be no problem.

I agree people will always do car racing, even with higher technology. Don’t know if individuals even Hitler will be remembered, if we consider how language changes for example. I don’t think Hitler was anything more than a soldier and not some vague example of evil, like what has been pushed upon us. Once you remove the façade there’s not much to remember but some war which was fought years ago and made no difference ultimately. Generally wont all things be replaced by something else ~ given enough time and change?

True, that is if it will ever be possible. One has to wonder why we don’t get visited by aliens.

I said Hitler would be remembered because he was an absurd character. Most people don’t even know he was a soldier.

A lot of people think we do. One has to wonder, even if we did get visited by aliens, and the CIA said we were visited by aliens, and millions of people think we were visited by aliens, would you believe, because the CIA and millions of people actually said we were visited by aliens.

Aliens probably wouldn’t give a fuck for the CIA, and if they could get here would [like if we could go to other planets] announce who they are, want trade, resource exchanges etc. You are right about how people remember those like Hitler - by their denoted absurdity.

I sometimes wonder if intelligent life only ever exists in this universe for a tiny blimp in time. So lasting long enough and doing that at the same time as aliens, would be mathematically difficult. Almost like its planned that way, and this world is not what its all about.

I think things still matter while we’re here. What kind of life would you like to live: a happy one or a miserable one? What kind of life would you like to make for others? What kind of world would you like to make for future souls to be born into? ← If any of these questions make your thoughts veer towards the more positive side–i.e. I’d like a happier life, I’d like for others to be happy, to leave the world a better place for posterity–then its only because you know, on some level, that things matter–at least in this short life.

Not a temporary one where all our efforts don’t matter in the end. They do matter while we are here though, and I concur on that point.

No world! Then they wont have to watch their relatives die horribly, and generally not suffer life et al.

When I made this thread in the back of my mind I was more thinking that we should just be able to do whatever we want without stupid laws and rules stopping us. Sometimes I light up a spliff [I write negative posts like these when I haven’t got any lol] and wonder what the hell the lawmakers are thinking [what world do they think they are living in!], when they ban stuff like that. They stop youths hanging out and having free festivals n stuff like that ~ and its got worse than when I was a teenager.

True, but I was thinking in terms of the real world. In the real world, future souls are going to be born, and we have an opportunity while we’re here to leave it a better one for them.

Ha! Maybe you should talk to Ecmandu. I’m sure he needs all the help he can get to build his zombie universe.

What country do you live in?

I prefer indifference myself.

England. You are right about making a better world, but is no freedom to have free festivals smoke and enjoy music a better world? Because to me its being authoritative and doesn’t let us breathe, or let it all out.

Yes I’d go with that, problem is all those fukwits who don’t.