Book 4 of the Revaluation of Values: The Will to Immortality

In our best dreams, we are both intoxicated and breathing the air of the heights. Beautiful and great things transfix our mind’s eye as our spirit dances joyfully amongst the gods. Such dreams we chase - they provide divine bliss such as we need to truly love our task. Ordained by Dionysos, all this constitutes our most sublime heights - and redeems all our lows. Eventually, well rested, we return to the festival and begin dancing as the dream becomes reality and we ourselves become Dionysos.

What can be said about the pleasure of the completely ignorant? The struggle to survive in a world devoid of science yields a humour as perverse as it is archaic, the intelligence of man both pushed to the limit and reduced to a giggle. This applies especially to the people of the dark ages who knew everything despite knowing nothing. But the tradition continues to this day with the simple ways of highly intelligent dropouts hooking us all to a culture of ignorance and fostering the decline of our times. Such futurism was the death of Rome but will it turn out to be the death of our civilisation? Only time will tell…

Does man not seek to immortalise himself before all that would stand in his way? Do we not find man’s desire for immortality expressed squarely within his need to conquer, his need to overcome? Does man’s descent to immortality not belie a great endowment of spirit, such as would in the end bless even his inheritance of the Earth? To be sure, only thus does man arrive at the immortal fruits of his descent, only thus does the spirit of man find itself immortally complete.

From the postwar rock’n’roll era to the futuristic projects of the present day, Western culture has yet to fail the task assigned it by the higher men of our times. Anywhere one might find at home the Britainnican, both young and old generations continue to prove themselves robust before the dual hydra heads of war and freedom whose ascendency constitutes the mark of declining empire par excellence. Here we see Western culture passionately redoubt even in its most mercurial states of being, Western thought itself inevitably proving time and time again to be a force which, even in the darkness of night, conquers the ignorance of millennia to the glory of a world as brave and young hearted as it is in need of the immortal.

[EDIT: Delayed ;:wink: ]

[EDIT: Correction of proof 1.]

[EDIT: Title ammended]

Nifty opus. :sunglasses:

Ze mantle of der decent prophet himself?

Moderator: pls edit OP title, Book [b]4[/b] of the Revaluation […]

Change request made…

Sorry Mags, ‘Book 4 of the Revaluation of Values: The Will to Immortality’ thnx :slight_smile:

^^^

I actually like this, as a piece of poetry. One stylistic caution: I think “ammended”, as an allusion to “addendum”, is too esoteric; people will just think you misspelled “amended”. As for “Britain(n)ican”, I suppose this is, as well as a reference to the Encyclopedia Britannica, also a portmanteau of “Britain” and “American”.

As for the content, I do seem to discern traces of a line of thought similar to mine in my “State of the World Address”.

Glad you liked it. By the way it’s called prose, not poetry.

Could u imagine? The third world now wants me to die and be remembered as a dumb little ditz. How quaint.

The Will to Immortality (updated):

ozhiphop.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=150795