Humans

As humans, is there something that we should be doing?

Maximizing the Integral of Joy Over Time, MIJOT.
And do it by the process:
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hope and Threat unto Anentropic Harmony.

{{aka. Strive to create Heaven on Earth}}

That would be good as soon as we stop procreating as much.

If the populations grow too large then should some be killed off to save the rest?

How do you get there from stop procreation as much?

Stopping procreation immediately doesn’t seem that realistic, it’s clearly more likely that there will be a growing over population and continuously so…

So my question still stands…

Right away like within this year or next,no, but within one generation, yes. Murder is not needed , wars and famine are removing humans. Trying to get masses to decide who gets killed would take longer or become a massive world war. You would lose more than gain almost to the point of zero human recovery for hundreds of years or far more. Too many weapons of mass destruction are present now.

Don’t worry, way before the critical point is reached in population, new planets will be developed, and/or in addition to that , if need be, artificial ones may be constructed and put into orbit, on a vastly larger scale, than the space station. Just an idea, is that at all possible?

Maybe-…necessity is the mother of invention.

Hon, I am in my 50s I might see 70 or not. My worries are more about did I take my aspirin or not, will I be able to feed and care for my family and , damn I forgot.

That may be true, if you believe in an exclusive personal here and now, which is a lot less likely then the other view. Since it has only been the case that we worry not only about our own survival but those of our offspring, the chain goes on without a link.

My husband and I have only one child.We both have huge numbers of siblings and nieces and nephews and those are birthing now. Family is spread throughout the world. Genes will survive or won’t . It is just a simple realistic view. No worry needed.

I agree, but worry is unavoidable, for lack of it would eliminate the primal urge to mate and procreate.
Researchers into microbiology found that it is more the transcription, -the turning on/off of genes which are more determinative beyond the genes themselves. This has primal significance inasmuch it is the functional behavior of genes, rather then the genes themselves which are more significant. There is no need to worry beyond the micro level of biology, of course, it is in that level, though, that all the real worry originates.

It is similar to the controlled anxiety of post primal environment, and the angst, which seems limitless, uncontrolled and chaotic. Therefore, not to worry, is an auto-fed-back signal from top to bottom, hoping for a quantifiable probabilistic control mechanism to kick in and stabilize the situation by a more probable cause, reversely affecting the underlying effects.

When this way of dealing with the question of survivability, it seems as if, the missing links can be recovered, if there are any.

I don’t know about you and your husbands concern about the survivability of your own special identifiable
succession, most parents worry if their sons, (or daughters)(( but I get the feeling that your child I’d male)); have not yet gotten married, irrespective of whether other fears in some cases may enter into it.

The simple worry-less state may equally be associated with a denial or rationalization of sorts.

If your simple way of avoiding worry was constructed, or reconstructed, then you may be enlightened to another view, but succession based on some principle is the only antidote that I have ever heard of, and the new study should give some leeway
to that.

A total no concern is the other option, but that’s tantamount to admitting an indifference between life and death.

It might help you to know that ever since I was born death has been a companion. A highly sickly body mixed with klutz and some clumsy. Making it to fifty amazed the he’ll out of me. Also I work with life and death in my life, animals. I love all my animals at home and work. They die. Life , love it. Death, accept it. Worry about death harms enjoying time.

You have a son right?
Worry of death, living with death, what?
Me worry?
It’s either that you are in denial, or, you are enlightened.

I think you are of a mixture of both, but of which are you consist more?

I hazard: a little of death-wish, based on belief in the hereafter, born of denial of present.

There is, there must be, because we live for the future of our pro-creation. Ultimately.

Tell me if wrong.

I have no religion , no beliefs in afterlife. Energy does not cease it just changes. The energy that makes the mind just changes. The body is going to be part of the world to bring new life. All science. I die , he dies , no genes spread, it is life. The world will eventually die anyway as will any planet life inhabits. It is called accepting of the process.

You have a son. Right?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Babel

What do you make of this section of the Bible?

I was thinking about starting a similar thread. My question is somewhat related:

Should we have ethics?

Heaven is not atop a tower built upon the misery of others. Establish heaven ON Earth, not a tower to reach up to it. And don’t insult God while you are doing it.

The more humans do of one, the less they do of the other. They want to spread to other planets so that they can continue everything as it is, merely more of it, more conquest, more power. Learn to do it right and there will be no overpopulation issue, nor any grand need to spread the disease of humanity to other planets.

Yep I already said that.