Dreams: Who can judge another person's experiences?

Do bearded dragons dream? Researchers describe the existence of REM and slow-wave sleep in the Australian dragon, with many common features with mammalian sleep: a phase characterized by low frequency/high amplitude average brain activity and rare and bursty neuronal firing (slow-wave sleep); and another characterized by awake-like brain activity and rapid eye movements. [source]

Like Jung who dreamt of himself being in the dream of a yogi man, who are we to judge if something else is dreaming?
And a more general question: who can judge the experiences of another person?

Well, judging if a creature dreams is about understanding and learning. I do think judging is a wrong word to use. And if someone fills you in on their experiences then they expect input, comments , judging.

I used the word “judging” as in “form an opinion or conclusion about”. The question is mainly related to how can anyone believe that someone else has a specific experience. Our experiences are our own (this is a tautology) and yet we expect others to believe them so that we can live and communicate with them in the context of society. The question is also related to dreams per se: How can we “know” that dreams are “not real” without any objective criterion available?

In order to answer that question, which is how do we know that dreams are not real, you need to ask the following question.

What does it mean that something is “real” as opposite to “not real”?

Dreams are certainly real, in the sense that they exist, they manifest, but the question is the nature of their reality.

Fictional beings are real – they exist in the mind – but they are not real in the sense they do not exist in the physical form.

The idea of dragons is real. The simulation of dragons is real. But physical dragons are not real. They have never been observed.

When we say “dreams are not real” what is meant is that dreams do not have all the features our wakeful lives do.

What are these features?

I think that’s where you’ll find your answer.

Dreams qua physical reality have never been observed. That’s how we know.