Are ideas the same as people?

What is the link between the two? Do individual ideas only apply to specific people?

They derive from people… does that count?

Ideas are generated as thoughts from the human mind.
Ideas are merely references, signs and representations of non-empirically justified thoughts.

People, i.e. human beings [physically] are the referent.

The reference is never the same as the referent.

The map is not the territory.

But if no reference could ever be expected to come from any referent, what is the significance of that? If those who fought in the American civil war were never expected to be the ideas of computer programmers, or reviews of modern films (like The Force Awakens, The Conjuring 2 and the current tv show Westworld), what is the meaning of the idea of a computer programmer, or movie reviewer?

Are the Sun’s rays the Sun?

As human beings, we each have our own personal (individual) way of thinking and valuing, based on the human experience and how we think, how we wonder and imagine, what we know.

I’m not sure how you’re using the word "specific’ in regard to people.
A theologian’s personal ideas may be different from a scientist’s - a scientist’s might be different from a psychiatrist’s ad infinitum.

Ideas are geared toward the individual’s mind - are peculiar to that mind.
It doesn’t mean though that those I mentioned above cannot share similar ideas.

ONLY is kind of an absolutist’s way of thinking.

I’m not sure how you’re using the word "specific’ in regard to people.
A theologian’s personal ideas may be different from a scientist’s - a scientist’s might be different from a psychiatrist’s ad infinitum.

Ideas are geared toward the individual’s mind - are peculiar to that mind.
It doesn’t mean though that those I mentioned above cannot share similar ideas.

ONLY is kind of an absolutist’s way of thinking.
[/quote]
Is it absolutist thinking that requires nations and laws, and militaries and jobs?
The way I see it, next year will be either Fox News or CNN covering a story about an attack in the Middle East, or a domestic incident in the US; amidst the reports, people will be referenced as terrorists and/or mobs - because I know that such terms are against morality, I know that the means to those words are immoral.
However, what is the resolution if my idea of the means to no immorality conflicts with another person’s?

I don’t think that there is a resolution to that short of keep on doing what you’re doing - and to do as little harm as you can.

No, not absolutist thinking but logical and reasonable thinking - based on the reality of the world as it is now.

Unless you choose to live in a matrix. But I understand how you feel. It isn’t always easy seeing the world as it is and not being able to do a whole lot about it though some are really trying.
We feel powerless at times and angry and rant about it and lose sleep over it but that also serves no purpose though it is understandable.

No, not absolutist thinking but logical and reasonable thinking - based on the reality of the world as it is now.

Unless you choose to live in a matrix. But I understand how you feel. It isn’t always easy seeing the world as it is and not being able to do a whole lot about it though some are really trying.
We feel powerless at times and angry and rant about it and lose sleep over it but that also serves no purpose though it is understandable.
[/quote]
What is the logic of nations and militaries?

Since this is a philosophical forum, the term ‘idea’ has a very specific philosophical meaning.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idea

In this case we need to differentiate between “ideas” and “concepts.”

As I had posted somewhere,

“idea” from the philosophical perspective has no empirical and realistic justifications, e.g. the philosophical idea of a God existing, a permanent soul that survive after death, and the likes.

“idea of a computer programmer” may be valid in the common sense and conventional perspective but not in the philosophical perspective.

In a philosophical perspective, it should be “the concept of a computer programmer” because a “computer programmer” is a possible empirical concept.
A concept must have the elements of possible empiricism, reason and logic.

On the other hand a “programmer of the Universe” would be an ‘idea’ because that phrase is not empirically possible nor can be realistic.