Ideological clarity from me

Lots of people have ideologies on this board…

So let’s clarify them…

An example: moral relativism

Morality only exists in the head and not out there …

Well, we exist necessarily, you can’t put that cat back in the bag, after the fact, so actually is being here is objective (necessary) and morality is thus objective as well, it’s not in a contingent head, but a necessary head!!

Continue with this one or submit your own if you have the courage and curiosity!

I agree, there is subjective harm, but there is nothing subjective about actual harm. Problem is that it is possible to cause harm without initially causing actual harm, and that can result in harm in real terms e.g. suicide.

So it is both objective and subjective [harm is and that’s one basis], and therefore relative. The difference is in that qualification, ‘moral relativity’ seeks to make all things ambiguous, yet here moral relativity is a thing of judgement, whereby both the objective and subjective aspects are brought into the equation.

That’s a great point…

We are all subjects…

But it is objective that we are all subjects…

What does that speak to in terms of morality??

How can you know your are a subject objectively?

How can you know harm objectively?

You cannot speak of knowledge of these things without doubt. Without questioning the thing, you cannot not know the thing. We can only know a thing by assumed semantics; which are always changing.

We all experience these things objectively only through categorical terminology which implies the effect, not the cause. With the progression and divergence of language(s) throughout time, it is near impossible to know a thing objectively outside of our descriptive boundaries.

Really?!!

That’s your argument…

Semantic relativism …

Oh my!!!

I currently have 10 fingers !! Two which can be called thumbs!!

Relatavize that shit!!

Change your argument or make it narrower!!

Point is Moral Absolutism [Morality -Pure] and Moral Relativism [Ethics -Applied] must complement each other for morality and ethics to be effective.

Good examples of the above are Pure and Applied Mathematics, Physics, Geometry or Chemistry, thus we can have Pure Moral and Applied Moral [Ethics].

So what we have here is objective [absolute] morality [theoretical and ideal] guiding subjective relative ethics in the applied practical world.

That it is weighted not unlike weights on a pair of scales. All things come in proportions, no, so there will be instances of abuse which are objectively causing harm, and of subjective qualities enacting and manifesting actual abuse. It is hard to judge someone for causing harm by subjective means, I am a man you know what I mean [to women].

Really is that it is fear which makes the authorities act almost like invaders/conquerors.