Life is all about your own personal experiences

Life is all about our experiences. If it weren’t for conscious experience in the first place, then we wouldn’t even be alive. Even if you were to not focus on yourself and your personal experiences in life such as focusing on someone else and living for them, then even that in of itself is an experience (mental perception) you are having.

So the only way to live a greater and more meaningful life that is more worth living to you, then that requires a greater experience. That requires you to be in a greater state of mind. It requires a greater mental perception. So that is why, rather than trying to focus away from myself and my own personal experiences, I instead focus and judge my own personal experiences since experience is everything.

For me, I am a hedonist and my feelings of happiness and enjoyment are the only great experience. They are the only experiences that make my life worth living and fill my life with joy and meaning. All other experiences without those feelings are completely devoid and hollow experiences.

Let’s pretend that I was depressed and anhedonic right now in which I cannot experience those feelings of happiness and I were to then look at nature or live for others, then this experience I would be having would be nothing more than seeing and witnessing things. But it is a completely devoid experience.

It is only my feelings of happiness and enjoyment that make my life a paradise. It is like living in heaven. It is the only life one filled with all joy and meaning I could possibly need. Some say this is selfish. But again, how can it be any other way? Your own personal experiences are what define the value, meaning, and worth of your life. Therefore, it has to be all about yourself and your own personal experiences.

No, life is about what enables you to have experiences, not the experiences themselves. It is the state of being human and conscious that dominates your entire life.

I would consider myself ‘depressed and anhedonic’ but not in the dull sense you’ve described. Hedonism paired with subjectivism is non-nonsensical and will be difficult for you to defend against the wide range of skepticism when trying to uphold this argument. It is agreeable that you must reach a ‘greater state of mind’ in order to live a more meaningful life, however we could go about defining and justifying this stance.

Its really all about semantics and consciousness.

:confused: