Creativity: The Pregnant Mind

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Re: Creativity: The Pregnant Mind

Postby encode_decode » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:08 am

WendyDarling wrote:At this point, I don't know. :-k Does this whole conundrum return to the essence of a soul?

Perhaps it does . . . I will have a question for you about that soon.
- Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion. (2017) -

But the point remains that you can't get at that meaning before grasping the surface meaning, which is to say there is always meaning.(gib - 2017)
encode_decode
Thinker

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:11 am

I'm all eyes. :D
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby encode_decode » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:13 am

I asked in the essence thread.
- Mind is an ever changing dimension that is bound to reality, logic and emotion. (2017) -

But the point remains that you can't get at that meaning before grasping the surface meaning, which is to say there is always meaning.(gib - 2017)
encode_decode
Thinker

Postby encode_decode » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:49 am

WendyDarling

In this thread . . . Mother Earth cannot sustain such frivolity of forethought - as stated in the original post . . .

Xenophon wrote:
    WendyDarling wrote:
    Xenophon wrote:I meant that a well considered creation would be the gift which brings the creator good conscience.

The problem is that they are not being well considered...my very beef.

Perhaps we can take some steps towards figuring out how to consider them.

. . . it seems to me we are at this point . . . figuring out how to consider potential creations with forethought.

WendyDarling wrote:Does this whole conundrum return to the essence of a soul?

We could possibly start considering this in the essence thread and go from there.

:-k

What are your thoughts?

encode_decode
    Thinker

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Is a person's modus operandi established by their soul's essence?
    I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
    WendyDarling
    Heroine

Postby Sanguinus » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Wendy, I like what you say about creativity. The creations of a genius are loved, dare we say for good reason?
    The divine spirit in man guarantees life according to our own immortality.
    Sanguinus

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Sanguinus wrote:Wendy, I like what you say about creativity. The creations of a genius are loved, dare we say for good reason?

Hopefully, one day we can say loved...for ALL good reasons.
    I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
    Heroine

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:32 pm

Wendy Darling wrote:

My page reads that if a genius cannot labor to ensure a positive outcome for humanity over the long haul, then they have an unspoken obligation to withhold their innovations, hence remaining always pregnant, never a mother. That is how they aide in the survival of humanity. Is there any bigger, on-going sacrifice one could make? Call it my kind of honor, my invisible gifts, my with holding.

I don't agree with this, Wendy unless I am misunderstanding you here,.
    People, even geniuses, are only human. The human mind and body can only go so far then perhaps it will collapse/breakdown?

Anyway, why would you say that? Someone else could pick up where they left off - that is, if the innovation is something really important and vital to humanity.

That is how they aide in the survival of humanity.

That doesn't make sense to me, Wendy. It almost appears to be saying that one is hugging or being too possessive of one's achievements, even to the point of ego.
    That just might be perhaps how the growth of progress becomes stunted.
    Where would science or medicine be if we had thought that way.
    It is no failure to be unable to go any further. It is only human but perhaps another could take up the torch or the baton as in a relay race.

Have you ever heard Sir Isaac Newton's expression: "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

I think that in a way there is no one who hasn't achieved anything without having first stood on the shoulders of someone

Is there any bigger, on-going sacrifice one could make?

Yes, there is. Think of it as belonging to the world at large, not to the person.

Call it my kind of honor, my invisible gifts, my with holding.

Again, is it possible that I am misunderstanding you?
    Where is the gift which hasn't been shared?

If I am misunderstanding you, please explain. Maybe it is just the language.
    SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
    Arcturus Descending
    Consciousness Seeker

Postby waechter418 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Mind is not something strange; it might be treated strangely, and even be mistreated, but these are symptoms of self-estrangement - after all mind is one-self.
    waechter418

Previous

Return to Philosophy