Creativity: The Pregnant Mind

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Creativity: The Pregnant Mind

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:47 am

Creativity is the brain processing information; the mind at work towards the conception of new thought forms, imaginings, ideas.

I believe that the most creative minds have the monopoly on intelligence, far-reaching capabilities over the above average folks, but what is required for the greater good of such creative genius? Onus.

So, all minds become pregnant with creativity at some point during a lifetime, however the genius minds are always pregnant with a multitude of dream children pending labor. Does the creative genius get a free pass from society due to their valued position in society at the onset of delivering these never-ending idea(l) children?

Intelligence is a premium commodity but what is the responsibility of those blessed with creative hyper-drives to protect all others without said capabilities? In other words, the brightest must shed their light into the future to ensure positive outcomes, built in measures of forethought, before they can in good conscience give birth to any of their idea(l) children. That is the onus, the challenge, I feel each genius must overcome if they are truly of genius quality.

"What matters is the ability to stave off the deepest, most unquenchable need to be applauded, to be rewarded monetarily, to birth these children held so dear, dreams. Mother Earth cannot sustain such frivolity of forethought, the lack of personal accountability to a shared reality, the lack of considering others' futures as well with this dark need to create no matter the cost. The unadulterated romance of creation is blinding and intoxicating."-MM, written in another thread.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Re: Creativity: The Pregnant Mind

Postby Fixed Cross » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:18 am

Right.

The sad thing for such genius is that those it works to benefit more often than not loathe the conditions of genius - the only real form of freedom, the power to create - since it does not provide the ease of habit.

Genius, especially when it makes an effort to be wholesome, is loathed by its beneficiaries precisely because of its superiority. It has to take this in stride; it has to feed mouths that wish only to vomit. It has to coerce the weakling into a path to health.

My thinking is at this point that where the responsibility of creative genius is to make it a world-building genius, the responsibility of the 'normal' human, the beneficiary, is not to express all the time its jealousy.

Such un-expressed humans, not-quite-entities, are basically simply afraid to experience themselves. What geniuses do is hand weaker humans courage. But in the 'mouse', i.e. before courage is attained, the smell of it is hateful.

Creative genius and courage arent very different from one another. Both deal with that which does not yet exist, but will because of them. Both 'birth themselves'; there is no precedent for them; in fact precedent is a curse to them.
"Progress: the strengthening of the type, the ability for great willing; everything else is misunderstanding, danger." - N
Sun knew not where her own hall was / The stars knew not their own places / Moon knew not his own power. - Havamal

Ζεύς

There are innumerable seeds in the earth, innumerably many more than the reckoning of either living or dead trees- the sound of the seeds growing is deafening, and drowns out the sound of all the falling oceans of wood in the forests- but, perhaps, the sound made by the seeds can only be heard with our thoughts. - Parodites, 3rd Pentad

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Dorian usurper

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:34 am

FC,

Are we on the same page? My page reads that if a genius cannot labor to ensure a positive outcome for humanity over the long haul, then they have an unspoken obligation to withhold their innovations, hence remaining always pregnant, never a mother. That is how they aide in the survival of humanity. Is there any bigger, on-going sacrifice one could make? Call it my kind of honor, my invisible gifts, my with holding.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:23 am

Dao De Jing #3
(Keeping the people at rest) Not to value and employ men of superior ability is the way to keep the people from rivalry among themselves; not to prize articles which are difficult to procure is the way to keep them from becoming thieves; not to show them what is likely to excite their desires is the way to keep their minds from disorder. Therefore the sage, in the exercise of his government, empties their minds, fills their bellies, weakens their wills, and strengthens their bones. He constantly (tries to) keep them without knowledge and without desire, and where there are those who have knowledge, to keep them from presuming to act (on it). When there is this abstinence from action, good order is universal.

Thanks pilgrim_tom for directing me to the Dao De Jing. It's nice to see my ideas about "not acting" so in tune with a religion.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Amorphos » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:15 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Dao De Jing #3
(Keeping the people at rest) Not to value and employ men of superior ability is the way to keep the people from rivalry among themselves; not to prize articles which are difficult to procure is the way to keep them from becoming thieves; not to show them what is likely to excite their desires is the way to keep their minds from disorder. Therefore the sage, in the exercise of his government, empties their minds, fills their bellies, weakens their wills, and strengthens their bones. He constantly (tries to) keep them without knowledge and without desire, and where there are those who have knowledge, to keep them from presuming to act (on it). When there is this abstinence from action, good order is universal.

Thanks pilgrim_tom for directing me to the Dao De Jing. It's nice to see my ideas about "not acting" so in tune with a religion.

Hate to disagree with Taoism but…

Not to value and employ men of superior ability is the way to keep the people from rivalry among themselves;

This is saying that one shouldn’t employ such people [I assume the writer didn’t take women of superior ability into account], just to satisfy the lesser minds so they think we are all equal [sounds awful]. Isn’t it better that we do employ such people now?

not to show them what is likely to excite their desires is the way to keep their minds from disorder.

Its the way to keep the mind from reaching any summit, and a good way for emperors to keep people stupid.

Therefore the sage, in the exercise of his government, empties their minds, fills their bellies, weakens their wills, and strengthens their bones.

Glad I am a druid and not a sage then.

Didn’t know Taoism sucked so much, did I misunderstand something?
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
Amorphos
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:35 am

This is saying that one shouldn’t employ such people [I assume the writer didn’t take women of superior ability into account], just to satisfy the lesser minds so they think we are all equal [sounds awful]. Isn’t it better that we do employ such people now?

No, the moderately to highly intelligent/creative folks' blind ambitions are the reason the world is so screwed. They are so determined to excel that they lack any noble convictions, self-restraint, and wise counsel towards the future in terms of costs on the environment and its people globally. Should smart/creative retards be given the golden pass on responsibility to others? No. They've been riding the wave of selfish stupidity for too long and the Earth and its civilizations are being destroyed by their retardedness.

Most people are already stupid, the adults are dumbing down the kids now.

How does a druid promote societal cohesiveness in this day and age? Okay, what is it to be a druid exactly?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Dan~ » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:27 am

Intelligence and brain matter are not stationary things.
They are living and constantly being rebuilt.
The self and its ability to create is a type of vitality.
Life's virtues can be broken down into vitality as well.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:02 am

Dan~ wrote:Intelligence and brain matter are not stationary things.

Okay. What are your life's virtues?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Dan~ » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:21 am

WendyDarling wrote:
Dan~ wrote:Intelligence and brain matter are not stationary things.

Okay. What are your life's virtues?

This is a level prior to language and thought.
It is an open flower.
It's like a medicine that makes more of itself.
Vitality even predates fertility.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Postby surreptitious57 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:34 am

Non judgementalism / open mindedness

The avoidance of negative emotions

A desire to acquire new knowledge

Accepting ones own imperfections
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:00 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Non judgementalism / open mindedness

The avoidance of negative emotions

A desire to acquire new knowledge

Accepting ones own imperfections

If these are your better ideas towards damage limitation, why are they not in that thread and the how to's explained in detail?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby surreptitious57 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Because they are only for my self improvement and no one elses

How others wish to self improve is a matter for them and not me
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher

Return to Philosophy