The Cosmological Argument

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Re: The Cosmological Argument

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:08 pm

Maybe he found out he was the troll all along.
Thunderbolt steers all things.
http://beforethelight.forumotion.com - Tree of Life Academy
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Ben JS » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:32 pm

von Rivers wrote:Why are you trolling, flaming, flooding, and derailing so hard all of the sudden?

Perhaps Hel's happy, and that's how he expresses his energy. Perhaps Hel's effort is humor intended to brighten the mood of the forum in a creative way. Perhaps he slept with your mom, or more.
Formerly known as: Joe Schmoe

ben wrote:I think it is eloquently fitting that my farewell thread should be so graciously hijacked by such blatant penis waving. It condenses my entire ILP experience into one very manageable metaphor.
Ben JS
Human Being

Postby Helandhighwater » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:26 pm

Joe Schmoe wrote:
von Rivers wrote:Why are you trolling, flaming, flooding, and derailing so hard all of the sudden?

Perhaps Hel's happy, and that's how he expresses his energy. Perhaps Hel's effort is humor intended to brighten the mood of the forum in a creative way. Perhaps he slept with your mom, or more.

Perhaps I got my lad out started wanking and then realised that self love is apposite?
"smoke me a kipper Skipper I'll be back for Breakfast."

Arnold Judas RImmer V2.0. AKA Ace.

"
Helandhighwater wrote:Feel free to tell me what happened today to your sphincter, and at length, I am very interested in your ass. Pun intended. :evil:

"
Helandhighwater
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:30 pm

Helandhighwater wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:In other words, its cause is the only part of it which is eternally the same.

Which is a direct contradiction of your assertion that it exists because it cant not exist. Which leads me to conclude that it not existing is not an axiom or a starting point from which I can induce existence and vice a versa nor is it necessary to the eternal nor does it have to remain consistent or be included, integral or conducive to be so, nor is a position you postulated with the statement of logic or its inference contingent on that or anything else in that post as aforementioned. Existence is not a priori and its not not a priori or is it. ;)

Wrong, my friend. Its not-not-existing is part of its existence, but not the whole of it.
Thunderbolt steers all things.
http://beforethelight.forumotion.com - Tree of Life Academy
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Previous

Return to Philosophy