Can we discover where something 'is' ?

Can we discover where something ‘is’ ?

Seek it and you cannot find it ~ Buddhist proverb.

Seek it and you cannot find it, stop looking and it will be there ~ Amorphos.

a conversation between fictional representative characters; Einstein, Planck and Amorphos… [forgive my vanity :evilfun: :mrgreen: ]

Einstein; When we look through a telescope to see a distant star, we are looking at old light, the star is no longer in that position.
Planck; Yet if we keep looking we will see it where it is.
Amorphos; right! If we observe the star then turn our gaze, then observe it once more, we will have new information, a new set of photons relating to a new reference point [distance].
Einstein; still, the star exists in its original location.
Planck; it also remains in its new position and there is a 0/0 difference between those points.
Amorphos; so if my observation follows the object, …by continually observing, turning my gaze, then making another observation?
Planck; then if you continue the journey towards said star, then you will naturally and eventually arrive at its ‘present’ location.
Einstein; yet I am still seeing it in its original location.
Planck; I am seeing its current location always.
Amorphos; I am seeing the continued journey without specific location.

So there are the three observational perspectives?

Yes, they all equally exist.

Then which one is the object in?

All three.

So where is it located?

Everywhere; all things are everywhere, there are no spatial locations, energy is infinite which equally has no x,y,z dimensions.

So where is the star?

On a physical level, the ancient observation is superficial, it relates to a place where the object no longer lies.

Yet the photons can be traversed backwards in time to said original ancient location?

Yes, then both that and the continued renewal of observational perspectives will follow the star and also lead in stages eventually to the ‘current’ position.

And if I were next to the star its current position it would be immediately observable?

Yes.

So there are four observational perspectives?

Possibly/probably infinite perspectives.

So where is the star?

We cannot know where anything directly is, because there are always an infinite amount of observational perspectives!

…Not to mention that this occurs ad infinitum, thus there are an infinite ‘amount’ of different observational perspectives all occurring simultaneously!

:banana-dance: