Philosophical Perversions

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Re: Philosophical Perversions

Postby tentative » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:21 am

Mo_ wrote:
tentative wrote:
anon wrote:Tentative... calling anyone or anything simplistic laughable and pathetic is simplistic laughable and pathetic in itself.

Of course! No one is above the pile of..., but it doesn't change bullshit into a basket of roses, does it? :P

The only "bullshit" here is your criticism of the thread as a whole.

Now, now... [-X I said that some people made an effort. I don't recall whether I included you in that list... :-k
Sorry, arguing with the ignorant is like trying to wrestle with a jellyfish. No matter how many tentacles you cut off there are always more, and there isn't even a brain to stun. - Maia

I don't take know for an answer.

Postby von Rivers » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:35 am

tentative wrote:Now, now... [-X I said that some people made an effort. I don't recall whether I included you in that list... :-k

As long as you didn't include yourself, or ol'Bill W, and I'm fine.... anyone else you claim didn't make an effort, then I have an issue.
von Rivers
ILP Legend

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Mr Doom wrote:

I believe freedom is a myth or story and has no basis in reality. I build this affirmation on the lines that nothing is free from the bounds and dependencies of this world therefore nothing is free.

That being said, I can honestly assert that I have many philosophical perversion droppings.
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.”
Viktor E. Frankl

It Felt Love

How did the rose
Ever open its heart
And give to this world
All its beauty?
It felt the encouragement of light
Against its being,
We all remain
Too frightened
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker