Best Philosophy Books

I just wanted to ask you all, which philosophy books you prefer. I am going to order some new books, which I am going to read during my holidays.
I’ve read many of them and will make a list of my favourites soon.

Thank You in advance!

We already have a favorite books thread going on in the Mundane Babble forum. Many of the books listed there, are philosophy books. There are enough philosophy books listed there to get anyone started, from novice to scholar. Here is a link to conveniently take you right to it.

http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=138322&start=40

A favourite of mine is Leviathan by Hobbes though I disagree with it. Aristotle’s Ethics aren’t (isn’t?) too bad either. And you could do worse than a selection of Schopenhauer’s writings.

I agree with Magius, there is no need for two threads on this topic. Please follow the link below to discuss our favourite Philosophical books or texts.

ilovephilosophy.com/phpbb/vi … p?t=138322

Note: I have closed this topic, if you believe it should be reopened, please send me or any other of the moderates a private message with the reason why this will add more light to the subject and why it can’t be apart of the discussion which is already in progress.

Thanks!