A good question

You might find the following topic interestign God’s limitations

This Simpson joke is a fine illustration of just how ridiculous the fantasy of ”GOD” truly is.

Regards,

god exists, just sight unseen :wink:

I’ll bite; primitive people could not differentiate between learned facts of reality & their imagination. Like a child often gets mixed up between T.V. & real life (& some pathetic lazy minded adults). Hence the original concept (& I use the term very loosely) of God & the like.

This lack of differentiation between the creative/abstract –concept-building aspect of the mind & reality is at the heart of all societies ills. Thousands of years with absolutely no evidence of mystical/supernatural elements/forces etc. yet we persist on clinging to the “possibility” of God. Worse yet some are even less organized in their delusions & at present many worship symbols/numbers & any coincidence that comes their way.

Until our most fledgling science (psychology) catches up a bit & helps identify the motives behind this backwards behavior we are lost (for the most part). Sure a few grace periods in philosophy have bought us some breathing room but everywhere I look people are squandering it. Here we sit capable of talking to each other around the world with better food in our garbage cans than man had only a century ago yet most persist in whining about the lack of meaning to life. Man’s ability to carve out a fantastic niche in the universe, multiplies exponentially at the slightest allowance for freedom to use his mind. With only rudimentary knowledge of existence & a half assed commitment to our powers of thinking & reason we have leaped from a life of Starvation/Suffering & pain to having more than we know what to do with. If you want to “Imagine” Imagine what we could accomplish by totally dropping the fear based, immature useless attitude of “nothing can truly be proved or known” then grow up & move on – all of us.

The alternative is to wallow in dreams & nightmares until you (&/or we all) perish in shame.

Regards,

I think that people are savages for the most part, because they are like uncultivated plants. As Voltaire said, “Cultivate your garden.”

Maybe God doesn’t eat burritos…

if god doesn’t eat burritos then he doesn’t have any idea what he is missing, Mexican people make the best food hands down plus they are very nice people.

Because God is a superior being, from all point of views, I don’t think he’ll have such a narrow mind as to actually “feel” pain.

I think it’s “mind over matter”, as to not feel any pain at all.

Well Jesus felt pain and he was the son of god, I don’t know what religion you are adhereing to but its not Catholicism.

Or maybe he felt pain because he wanted to…

God should definitely eat Mexican every once in a while.

Mexican food makes me feel bloated. Thats not Mind over Matter but Beans over Bowels.

Regards,

firstly god didn’t choose to feel pain, people punished him, there is an essential difference.

Also, you get indegestion from Mexican food only if you eat to much, I eat a few tacos and some nachos and feel great after it. Everyone in the world, especially in America eats too much these days except for maybe the people that have no food at all.

— The truth of the matter is that on the seventh day God became a devil. He then proceeded to make Taco Hell, advertising this fact with little three-headed dogs that breath fire. God used the lowest grade meat of any infernal franchise and let it putrefy over aeons. None of the demons gathered round were able to digest the fiery burritos, however, and God was forced to file a chapter 11, spinning the business off to one of his fallen angels.

— Seriously however, God can not be proven in the first place. I find little use in talking about the properties of mythical beings. This thread is basically equivalent to discussing the length of a purple unicorn’s horn.

This “Simpson question” is just a version of a famous conundrum posed in the Middle Ages, and discussed, for instance, by Thomas Aquinas. It is a question which involves logic as well as God, and is more complicated and more interesting than many seem to think.
So, anyone who is seriously interested in the question (apart from the resident atheists) ought to take a good look at:

wiccan-refuge.com/omnipotence.html

I’m actually one of the best examples of “mind over matter” there are (I’m rather scrawny, the last thing you’d think I could do is hold up a 14-pount G baritone bugle in front of my face for twelve and a half hours nonstop, but I do all the time), and believe me, you feel the pain. It’s all in your attitude towards it, how you deal with it, and how much it’s worth to you to keep on doing what you’re doing–as long as it’s not actually harming you, pain is just weakness leaving the body.

— I know that it goes back to Aquinas…, but do you really think it a serious question when it will have no real affect upon us LIVING creatures? I am not deriding the question due to the fact that i am an atheist, if i were theist i would say the same thing, i think the question is irrelevent because IT HAS NO RELEVANCE. It may be a useful exercise in logic whereby one could eventually discover something useful about logic, but it is still inherently a useless question, which begs the question, “why did i respond to this post?” I am leaving now. Thank you for all of your useful comments.

I think you must mean, “raises the question” not “begs the question.”
I see you are one of those who,although they may be often in error, are never in doubt. I envy you your certitude.
Bye.

assuming that there is a god, that god has a microwave, has access to a burrito and can eat,
your question can be divided into:
could god microwave something really hot? (yes)
and could god eat the burrito if it was reallyreally hot? (perhaps but he might burn his tongue, assuming that it has a tongue)

i would say, maybe.

It really only depends on whether God wants to feel pain or whether he doesn’t. It’s choice really.