media's love

Why does every film have to have a love/sex element?
Why does the Hero have to have a Vixen, bond girl, female accomplice?
Why does the hero get the girl?
I belive that in 99.99% of the media i watch I see love as the main plot. Even the films that are ment to be stupid or based around a stupid plot revolve around the guy trying to get with or be loved by the girl?

The only film i have seen recently that did not have this core was knockaround guys but that falls into a section known as the “Buddy Genre”

That’s more the Hollywood way. And there is a need for sensation you don’t find in the everyday system, so movies tend to take care of things you don’t experience at work or where the system is prevalent. It becomes kind of job watching a film critisising the system, because then the system becomes prevalent again. So, there is a market created by the system/capitalist ideology(!) for things where you escape the system’s demands colliding with human nature. The more freetime you have, the more one tends to be open for alternative films, which may explain the difference between Europe and the USA there.

People being more passive in the USA also has to do with the high degree of driving and use of other means that increase “efficiency” and decrease activity. The more you work, the more need for efficient solutions, certain among them passifying. So, capitalist system as we know it today tends to create a market for easy-consuming movies. In Europe, passivity is increasing (that’s part of globalisation), and so is also amount of watched “easy-movies”. It’s all really a question of how one defines oneself within the system, but of course the system affects one’s attitude. I had a teenager period where I enjoyed watching critical films, but I’m not as eager now. One adapts to the system.

This being said, we live in a world where certain people don’t have any recources at all to watch critical films, so at least we have the opportunity. But watching films doesn’s change the world sort of, but indirectly it can give perspective and so on. More equally distributed recources would be preferable at the moment. But who knows, maybe in the future we have a so highly developed capitalist system that we all in this world have loads of freetime, albeit it seems as a wet dream of the young anarchy-dreaming capitalist youth…