"I"

When one says the word “I” as in “I” do something, what is one really saying. Is “I” merely that physical being, is it the soul, or is it the actual self. If one looks at actually existing, one would have to have a self to exist. So then, when the word “I” is used, would it not make sense that “I” is actually one’s true self, or is it something less. Let me know what you think.

I is what you perceive to be of yourself.

“I” is merely a word. The true self, I belive, is what you choose (to belive, to do, etc).

I think it has a very different meaning when pirates say it. :wink:

Would God speaking I be different than a person speaking I?

http://www.thethinginitself.com

Yes, it would. God alone can say “I am the one that is”. The only “I” that does not accept attriutes. All the rest do.

Is what you view I to be different from what other people view your I to be?

Yes.

“I” doesn’t exist. “I” is your brain speaking. You are really the entity watching the movie. Not the character speaking.

-~ Jedi Shogun Smooth

The Human Contradiction

We think, therefore we are?

Hmm what about the “I and I” concept…

Well, I am just glad that we are not a hive mind, or are we?

~Logic Ninja -Mr. E

We probably do and we don’t even know it. J/K

But what I was trying to say, and Obscure you reminded me, was that our brain speaks I, but we don’t.

Jedi Master Yoda said, “Luminous Beings are we. Not this Crude Matter!
Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back

The term “I” calls attention to the person who is speaking or writing at the time. If I am in a darkened room, and I say something, someone may ask, “Who said that?” and when I reply, “I said that,” I am saying that the person who is now speaking said that. So that there is no need to speculate about what “I” refers to. It refers to the person who is speaking or who is writing.
Now, you may be interested in what a person is. But that is a different issue.