Quote from Vivekananda

“Think all of you that you are infinitely powerful Atman, and see what strength comes out…I am the child of the Infinite, the all powerful Divine Mother. What means disease, or fear, or want to me? Stamp out the negative spirit as if it were a pestilence, and it will conduce to your welfare in every way. No negative, all positive, affirmative. I am, God is, everything is in me. I will manifest health, purity, knowledge, whatever I want… “Thou art Energy, impart energy unto me. Thou art Strength, impart strength unto me. Thou art Spirituality, impart spirituality unto me. Thou art Fortitude, impart fortitude unto me”…“Everything is in me, and I can manifest it at will.” Repeat this an hour or so, on a few successive days, and all disease and trouble will vanish into nought.”

Ref: vedanta-newyork.org/strength.htm

[size=200]???[/size]

:confused:

I’m sorry Githa or any other indian on this site who believe this., but

that Philosophy is the shittiest and the most ambiguous.

(either that or it just reconfirmed hiow truly dumb I am)

food for thought from the site.
What is Vedanta?

The Sanskrit word VEDANTA can be split into two separate words, Veda and anta, literally meaning the anta (end) or culmination of the Vedas.

[b]The Vedas are the most sacred scriptures of the Hindus. There are four Vedas. They comprise hymns to various gods—Surya (sun), Agni (fire), Ushas (dawn) and so forth, that date back to about 2500 B.C. The Vedas were transmitted orally from generation to generation until the art of writing was invented. To get a glimpse of these beautiful hymns, please see Photo Gallery.

Although the majority of the hymns indicate that polytheism or the practice of worshipping multiple gods and goddesses prevailed in India during the Vedic civilization, the notion of One God was distinct as well in many hymns. Notable is the hymn I.164.46 of the Rig Veda:

“If you heat the cup smelling of garlic, you get rid of the smell; it becomes a new cup. The man who says he will not succeed will never succeed. He who feels he is liberated is indeed liberated; and he who feels he is bound verily remains bound. He who forcefully says, ‘I am free’ is certainly free; and he who says day and night, ‘I am bound’ is certainly bound.”

DO WE REALLY BELIEVE THAT?
im sure we had a few topics related to this already. That is sooo Harry Potter! :astonished:

“Repeat this an hour or so, on a few successive days, and all disease and trouble will vanish into nought.”
ALL? really? Absurd. I’d rather save myself the few minutes to try and find realistic solutions to my everyday debacles.

Don’t worry miss nat. I ain’t mad.

“He who forcefully says, ‘I am free’ is certainly free”
I wonder if I FORCEFULLY say ‘I am really really RICH’, I’ll certainly become really really rich. hahahaha. blu, where are you?

It’s quite true, actually. Githa, true values stay hidden for the common eye. From the common mind.

'that Philosophy is the shittiest and the most ambiguous. ’

actually, ‘that Philosophy’ was very influential to western philosophers in the 19th and early 20th centuries, when translations of ancient Indian, and southeast Asian texts became avialable. Schopenhaur (sorry if mispellled), Thoreau just to name some very famous ones. your favored brand of Philosophy is probably distilled from ‘that Philosophy’.

Just what we need, more indian Guru morons trying to control the weak-spirited. Any quote that comes from any kind of indian/arabic/hindu background is definitely wrong. It’s a bunch of crap made up in a rather smart person’s (the guru’s) mind in oder to control people.
Oh yeah and Mohandas Ghandi was a pervert too, he also had people murdered.

:slight_smile:

P.S. Sorry if I didn’t spell his name right.

I’m Indian

“Jesus is Lord”

i guess that’s you fucked.

PS, In what way was Ghandi a pervert, and when did he have people murdered?

heh

Expand, if you may.

I would quote mr lee’s statement to make fun of it, but hell Anybody who read’s that with half a brain ought to know its wrong.

Mr lee did you get my message bout Non Hating posting?
Are you a southern white male prodistant preacher in training?

Dude, are gurus smart, or morons? Bah, but that’s not a contradiction right? It’s just a bad translation.

And dude, how much testicular fortitude does it take to come onto a forum and insult everyone. I’m impressed.

what i don’t believe in is the post by mahavir. the quote itself is ummm. encouraging etc. but i don’t think repeating and chanting things will make stuff happen. i think to achieve certain ends in life, you’ve got to work for it. but anyway. this pisses me off:
“Any quote that comes from any kind of indian/arabic/hindu background is definitely wrong.”

I’m in agreeance with Githa

I wonder if this makes more sense for Mr. Lee: