Change...

I wrote this, for all to read, so please do. And replies are greatly appreciated. :smiley:

Change is unstoppable. It is a constant that never ends; like the wind, you cannot stop change, nor slow it nor speed it up. You simply must allow change to flow at its needed pace. Like breath, we need change. The stagnation of life will only result in a cesspool of parody: nothing new, nothing old, simply the same. Life would be the one endless vision, from birth to death, of the same sights. The only constant in life is change. We cannot count on the sun, death, not even taxes. Taxes are not always there. Death doesn’t follow you. The sun will one day burn out, ending the light. But that is change. All things: death, birth, life, love, and beauty; power, music, literature, history, and faith; all things will change. Change is a force within all things, as God is a force within each of us. Change flows through our veins, our hearts, our brains, our bodies, the way a river flows to the sea. It flows to its given end point, taking each bend, dam, waterfall, cascade, whirlpool, and rapids in time. In its due time, each molecule of water will reach that sea. The path changes, but still it reaches its destination. And it will always be so.

herroditus???

ok now that may provide one point of view on the process of the world but as the fragmentary visual culture that we live in has shown us any process, or at least most of them, can be broken down into constituent parts…which can then be reiterated…

although this fragmentation can itsel be broken down further and further, the fundamental nature of our interaction with the world is to impart meaning and understanding overlayed across the presentation of the world to us

In response to Nevir…

“Change is unstoppable.”

• I agree.

“It is a constant that never ends;”

• I agree.

“like the wind, you cannot stop change, nor slow it nor speed it up. You simply must allow change to flow at its needed pace.”

• I disagree, since wind can be stopped, slowed down and sped up. And what is this ‘needed pace’ you speak of?

"Like breath, we need change. "

• ??? Breath needs change? I always thought breath needed air, given anything else long enough would kill us. Do you mean pace of breathing? Can we truly say that our pace of breathing NEEDS change?

“The stagnation of life will only result in a cesspool of parody: nothing new, nothing old, simply the same.”

• But if change is unstoppable than stagnation cannot really ever happen. How can nothing be new and nothing old? Did time stop? Nothing is simply the same, for atoms are always moving.

“Life would be the one endless vision, from birth to death, of the same sights.”

• But no site is the same, everything changes in every moment.

“The only constant in life is change.”

• I agree, but what are we really saying here?

“We cannot count on the sun, death, not even taxes. Taxes are not always there. Death doesn’t follow you. The sun will one day burn out, ending the light. But that is change.”

• I agree…mostly, but again, what are we really saying here? What I don’t agree with necessarily, is death, how do you know it changes? Are we all not born through the same process of sperm and an egg? In the same way do we not all die the same death?

“All things: death, birth, life, love, and beauty; power, music, literature, history, and faith; all things will change. Change is a force within all things, as God is a force within each of us.”

• you draw a correlation between change and God, interesting, since God is seen as unchanging. How do you explain this paradox?

“Change flows through our veins, our hearts, our brains, our bodies, the way a river flows to the sea. It flows to its given end point, taking each bend, dam, waterfall, cascade, whirlpool, and rapids in time. In its due time, each molecule of water will reach that sea. The path changes, but still it reaches its destination. And it will always be so.”
-If change is in everything than how can you know that each molecule of water will reach the sea? Since change is statistical and can never be counted on as you said previously? What if a dam is built or a drout occurs and the water is evaporated? What if the planet blows up and the water is dirpersed in space? This puts a damper on your statement. If it will still reach it’s destination and it will always be so, you are making a statement about something that will never change, especially at the end of your post, this statement completely refutes the rest of your post. How can anything always be so if change is in all things?

What’s your take?

Magius, thank you for pulling this apart:-). Allows me to explain some stuff.

First off, what I meant by saying wind cannot be stopped is that yes, wind stops itself, we (humans), cannot stop wind, as no other force but wind itself can stop wind.

Second, I didn’t clearly connect that sentnece to what I was referring to. I was referring to the fact that we all need change in the same way we all need breath. Not that breath needs change.

Third, stagnation would only occur if there was no change. I went on some tangent, and brought up if there was no change, and the end result would be what I wrote. My English teacher tells me sometimes I need to more clearly state my transitions.

Fourth…I have to agree, what I wrote does not make sense.

Fifith: what am I really trying to say?

Sixth: hmm…I guess you’re right, but I still kinda think death isn’t a constant. yes, we all die, but death is never the same, it always changes. That’s just me though.

Seventh: ok, obviously if the world blows up the water won’t reach the sea…because the sea isn’t there. But that’s just my point. The world blowing up will the be the end point of some path of change. The world wouldn’t randomly blow up, now would it? There would be SOME sort of change before that happened, and it would lead to the world blowing up.

But again, thanks for picking it apart. I kinda wanted that from someone on this.

I am glad that you are content with my taking it apart, since most people aren’t happy when I have criticism to give about what they say - atleast on this message board. I would like to suggest that we develop your thought further. Solidify the weak points, and develop the strong points. I agree with you that the earth would not blow up randomly. But what would we say to scientists that would show us proof that an electron will jump orbit around an atom that is in a vacuum, and it will do this randomly without any cause, effect, or stimuli? It is called the Heizenberb(I hope I spelled it right) Principle. To tell you the truth, I am not sure what I would say. So maybe we can help each other come to a conclusion.

What do you say?

I might. Even if things should be re-written, I usually have some odd stubbornness in me to not do it. I always find my original draft of anything to be the one I like best…probably because I’m the only one who understnads it, since I wrote it. Every English teacher I’ve had tells me to re-read all my stuff…I just never do :confused: …explains my English grades;-)