emotions and color

Is it possible that we can feel emotions that we do not feel yet or never will?A ant may not feel emotions like greed,embarasment,ex…and we feel them because we are smarter animals and need a way to release all that is on our mind.What if some people feel different emotion from different people because of their intellagance and label them with names that appear to represent what they are feeling when they are feeling somthing totaly different.I’ve also thought that people see differant color but label them with a name that other people say they are. For example someone says that the grass is green but that persons concept of green may be totaly differant and just calls it green even though it may be blue to the latter person.which also shows that everybody thinking pattern is guided by society.so give me your thought .thx.

sublimed,
yes, you have brought up an interesting subject. The idea of colours is a baffling one, but you can be sure that you and I will never see the same colour the same way. We may call the table brown, but unless we somehow manage to merge our bodies, we will never see it the same due to lighting and positioning. Betrand Russell deals pretty well with this issue in his book the ‘problems of philosophy’. It’s pretty short and if you haven’t read it, it’s worth a try.
I think the underlying question is whether or not you believe in an objective reality or not. (By objective I mean remaining unchanged by our thoughts and perceptions). This is a diffcult issue to deal with, but if your answer is the affirmative (for whatever reasons) then it will follow that you and I both see the same blue and that when we are angry, we feel somewhat the same and display somewhat the same physical signs of this.
those are my thoughts

I agree that the opening few chapters of russell is worth a read here. I’d like to add that a further problem is that human communication i.e. language is subjective. A similar point has arisen in the ‘What is love debate’. An emotion cannot be described, only its symptoms. And the same symptoms can arise from different emotions therefore emotions can be confused between people. A similar thing is true with colours. If I say “anger” then everyone will respond to this emotion in a different way. We may associate it with past experiences but given different past experiences, the emotion must then be seen as different by different people. We can never fully place ourselves in other people’s shoes as thinkykid said.

I believe that emotional potential depends upon experiences and intellect/interest. Some people respond to art or music in an orgasmic way because they feel its effects so strongly. I would say that I do not yet have either of these potentials as yet but who knows about the future. And if emotions depend to some extent on brain capacity then surely future evolution will create new emotions. On a smaller scale, evolution of the individual, i.e. maturity, brings new experiences and hence (see above) new emotions.

What is worth noting is that different people both call blue a cold colour, and brown a warm colour.

Yea hot colors are supposed to be red orange yellow stuff like that. Cool colors are blue purple i think green. But anyway you can describe colors. You mix yellow and red and you get orange and so on. If say you called a 6 five it still wouldn’t change the outcome in a math problem.

6 + 6 = 12

6 + “five” = 12

I might be confused though. I almost said yellow and red made green for some reason I can’t figure out. I should go to sleep…

http://www.mothercare.com/html/family/dk/mixingcolours.html