so can someone explain anti-oedipus?

i need this to be explained in an extremely simple way…the book is by deleuze and guatarri, and i’m beginning to read it but don’t understand it.

Thanks for the help.

seriously…i know i’m knew to this site but do any of you people actually read philosophy, ie foucault, deleuze, nietche…? i would think someone has read anti-oedipus or at least heard of deleuze…

Hey Center of the P, I am picking up the book sometime this week. I’m very interested in reading it and will get back to you ASAP.

-Think

I don’t mean to cast doubt upon the quality of your endless reading, c.of.panopticon, but I would have thought that during all those long hours -while we of ilp.com were indulging in a life of ignorant hedonism - you would have realised that Nietzsche has got a ‘z’ in it. I’m glad you read philosophy; all credit to you, but before you criticise other people’s knowledge of Nietzsche, make sure your own stands up to criticism - and start by spelling his name right.

As for Anti-Oedipus, the following link should help you with the inevitable unjumbling process:

artsci.lsu.edu/fai/Faculty/P … brief.html

Happy reading!

:blush: get it right, c.of panopticon, it’s spelt Nietzsche.

okay, nietzche was a typo for me, jesus, if i spell “the” like “teh”, are you going to say the whole world’s going to end?

hey Ignorance, tell me what you think of the book. It’s a pretty hard read…what are your favorite authors?

Only teasing C.of.Panopticon. Did you check out that link?

yep, i saw the site…only, if an outline could explain anything, then there wouldn’t be a book :wink:

So did you actually read that book? What are your authors that you read?