Pure hatred = pure love

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Re: Pure hatred = pure love

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:44 pm

promethean75 wrote:only a helpless ponce would suffer such excessive emotions as love and hate, dude.

You don't love or hate anything?

these concepts have been a joke and have had no substance for at least three centuries.
The concepts of love and hate have not had any substance for three centuries. People don't hate or love anymore?

things great enough to deserve the reverence of love or the contempt of hatred are entirely lacking where everything is so permeated with mediocrity it's impossible to take anything serious enough to warrant such strength of emotion.
You are so much better than everyone you cannot love any of them? Do you know what love means?

or maybe it isn't for you. maybe because you think that love is real,

No one loves anyone? You couldn't possibly know that and you have unbelievable amounts of evidence that you are wrong. It's basically a claim that you know the content of all hearts and know that what they feel is not love.

It's a thread of duelling denials.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:54 pm

A feeling is not an illusion.

true, but it is muddled, confused, incomplete, inadequate, because it cannot take into account the effect that it is, and the causes through which it originates. under the affectation of the emotions, one remains in a passive state and ignorant of the necessity of the emotion's nature. in doing so, one remains in service to it, and therefore less free (or less 'active'), and it's no coincidence that those who believe in the illusion of freewill fall victim to this inadequate knowledge of causes, and therefore suffer more in their bondage (this might be why urwrong is such a nervous paranoid). here's a quick and easy read for you: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... g-emotions

it's a basic introduction... but if you want to get into the mechanics of how this works, you'll have to dig into The Ethics.
promethean75
Thinker

Postby promethean75 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:59 pm

i do not. like oscar wilde, i don't define things in terms of 'good' or 'evil', but rather charming or tedious. things are either worthy of a little applause or not, but never so important as to be the subject of love or hatred.

i'll get those other questions later.
promethean75
Thinker

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:51 pm

promethean75 wrote:

i do not. like oscar wilde, i don't define things in terms of 'good' or 'evil', but rather charming or tedious. things are either worthy of a little applause or not, but never so important as to be the subject of love or hatred.

i'll get those other questions later.

It's an interesting quote from Wilde to be sure.

I want to impress upon people (not that I'm backpedalling), I speak to spirits constantly, I'm like grand central station for the spirit world. For a person who knows only love, it is appropriate to teach them that path, and this path will crush a person. For a person who only knows hate, you teach the path of hate, which will also crush a person.

I understand where Karpel is coming from - Karpel however has not been forced into a position to teach every conceivable spirit in existence (im not the only one - just one of them)

What folks knee jerk reactions are to this particular teaching is simply a lack of awareness of certain types of intelligences in existence.

It is very easy to unilaterally hate everyone, and from this, the person who acts out more against one, will experience the suffering that is cognitive dissonance.

Those were my next words anyhow
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:28 pm

I'm going to offer a category to help explain the above post better:

There are circumstances in ignorance that will always be the rational choice, every being will make the same choice!

With more knowledge, some beings will make the better choice.

Who is more rational?

Neither.

In this way, it is easy to love everyone.

However, of you keep losing in cooperative games, it's very easy to be resentful of everyone.

Eventually, this love and hate become that same.

It's like a kitten that scratches your eyes out when you go to sleep. How are you supposed respond to this love and hate?
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:35 pm

I want to teach this in a completely different way and then circle back.

Humans can feel hundreds of emotions simultaneously.

Just like you can look at a painting the only uses black and white (no grey) in the same visual field at once, the emotions can experience total love and hatred at once without contradiction. And everything in between.

You can turn off the lights and everything will be black, you can shine a spotlight and everything will be white.

A better analogy would be this though:

When cancers are frozen off the skin, it BURNS! Even though it is cold. But it doesn't just burn! It also feels really cold! Both are equally correct perceptions at the limit.

In this way, pure love and hate are not contradictions, but more alike than anything else.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:58 pm

I speak to spirits constantly, I'm like grand central station for the spirit world.

those are the hamsters in your head, man. i told you the spirits don't fuck with just any ol'body. you gotta stand out to draw their attention. you know how many ecmandus there are out there? hundred of thousands. even millions. your life needs to be interesting, unusual, something that makes em go 'whoa wait a minute, who is that guy!?'
promethean75
Thinker

Postby surreptitious75 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Ecmandu is sufficiently unique for him to be interesting even if others also have hamsters in their heads telling them insane things
So he speaks about his one billion year old existence and journey to hell and hyper dimensional mirrors like they were actually real
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Thinker

Postby Prismatic567 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:28 am

100% square = 100% round??
Pure black = Pure White??
The OP is definitely a contradiction.

Hatred is an emotion that is represented by a certain specific algorithm of neural connectivity which is the different from the specific algorithm of neural connectivity of the emotion of love. The neural chemicals that triggered and are exuded during these emotions are also different.

To insist 'Pure hatred = Pure love' is absurd and ridiculous.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:50 pm

Prismatic567 wrote:100% square = 100% round??

Hatred is an emotion that is represented by a certain specific algorithm of neural connectivity which is the different from the specific algorithm of neural connectivity of the emotion of love. The neural chemicals that triggered and are exuded during these emotions are also different.

Nobody has ever seen pure black or pure white, at the limit, both may very well be the same color, something we've never seen, a strange loop so to speak.

Here's the deal.

You've never heard of a love-hate relationship?

What about melancholy (happy and sad and the same time)

What about the common experience of "being so happy that I cried"

Human emotions are far from seeing a square as a circle. Even in this, we can gaze upon a square and a circle at the same time.

Humans literally feel hundreds of emotions simultaneously at any given moment; you're being obtuse / dense by trying to distill it as simply as you're attempting to distill it.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Prismatic567 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:28 am

Ecmandu wrote:
Prismatic567 wrote:100% square = 100% round??

Nobody has ever seen pure black or pure white, at the limit, both may very well be the same color, something we've never seen, a strange loop so to speak.

Here's the deal.

You've never heard of a love-hate relationship?

What about melancholy (happy and sad and the same time)

What about the common experience of "being so happy that I cried"

Human emotions are far from seeing a square as a circle. Even in this, we can gaze upon a square and a circle at the same time.

Humans literally feel hundreds of emotions simultaneously at any given moment; you're being obtuse / dense by trying to distill it as simply as you're attempting to distill it.

Yes, love-hate.
In that case, the "love" and "hate" neural set are are activated simultaneously which toggles [at speed of light] between the two emotions.
Note the Law of Non-Contradiction, where p and non-p cannot be the same at the same time and in the same sense.
The different 'sense' in this case are the different emotions.

It is the same with the massochists who feel pleasure from pain where the independent 'pleasure' and 'pain' are triggered simultaneously and there happened to be some neurons that are interconnected between the two sets of neurons.

Note the case of the Synaesthesia* where in rare cases, there are some interconnection between two different sets of sense neurons. e.g. hearing music when tasting sweetness, etc.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Philosophy