You broke the website again

In other news, I’ve disabled the firewall rule that was causing this, so it shouldn’t happen any more (let me know if it does). I don’t know if the rule was actually still important, our server is a lot faster than it was when it was added, but if it turns out it was I’ll have to find a subtler solution.

I wouldn’t mind a ban as a status symbol and so if you want to ban me it would make me very happy.

Earning a ban on ILP is the equivelence of earning a honorary Masters Degree, only the very best and most worthy thinkers are qualified for it. The only people they ban are the sort of people we really should have around. Only once have I been banned by requesting it (lots, lots of times not requesting it) and that was in solidarity with another poster for getting banned, I agreed with the sentiment that caused him to be banned, said if your going to ban him, ban me too as I fully support what was said.

You need to set milestones, don’t aim for a outright ban just yet, aim at getting into Magsj’s Hall of Shame. It took me a long time to get in there, lots of failed attempts.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=153411

If you can get into the hall of shame, I think you’ll find you are half way to a banning, and the benefits that come with it… instant authority and credibility in the eyes of others. They will definitely pay more attention to your posts, and you’ll gain a wider range of thinkers PMing you and pondering your ideas. Makes you a better person.

Carleas said he is happy to ban me if I like but he is yet to ban me even though I would like it.

Like I said, you just can’t ask, they rarely do it if they know you want it, they aren’t moderators for the sake of pleasing us, but pleasing themselves.

Many have had luck in the past in getting banned by presenting the ideas contained in this link. It should be enough to help you achieve your goals, they absolutely are opposed to any and all discussions on it.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy

For certain at 2:08 AM, tried again several times later. Not certain when it popped up again.

Why not just port the site to a stable server, ran by a company dedicated to running forums? They do it cheap. We can sell trixie into slavery in Sri Lanka to pay for the cost if that’s the issue.