Why God is Inherently Wrong

Phyllo

10,000 years ago there were small pockets of the human species scattered all over the planet; struggling for survival in the wake of the last ice age. These conditions may well return … Einstein allegedly said … paraphrasing … “I don’t know what weapons will be used in WWIII but I am convinced that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

2,000 years ago the “Message of Jesus” was hijacked on the “Road to Damascus”. Seems the ‘struggle’ was predestined to return to Damascus … we simply had to wait for the appropriate agency to emerge … oil … cheap abundant oil has always been in Saudi Arabia.

I’m not convinced education is a panacea … I’m more inclined to believe that education leads to confusion and rigormortis of the mind … eg the ‘flat world’ meme, Newtonian laws of gravity … Pauline Christianity is patriarchal … Jesus was a feminist.

Yes.

I take it you prefer my first argument.

If you can prove to me OBEs are possible and that I can induce one on myself, I will try really, really hard.

I wrote that OBEs/Astral projections are possible, not that they are easy (took me years to induce one voluntarily). You have to be seriously interested to be seriously invested in accomplishing an OBE from an awakened state.

If you really wish to attempt this, PM me for directions on what worked for me. Also lucid dreams are not authentic OBEs.

My current problem with continuing to astral project is that I’m on oodles of meds that rain on my astral parade.

OBE again. Do what you have to do to do it. Have joker do the playing card trick on you. And tell him not to use Jokers, that is too easy for you to guess.

I’ve tried getting into weird bizarre shit like that before. It usually lasts for two or three months and then I get bored of it. Nothing’s ever come to fruition for me. Part of my lack of full and total commitment is that even while I’m giving it a serious try, I always have in the back of my mind the awareness that I have no idea whether this is for real or total bullshit. ← It’s easy to get bored after a while with that. That’s why I say it needs to be proven to me: if I knew there was a prize to be won at the end, I’d try a lot harder.

Maybe in about a year from now I’m hit you up for directions.

And how easy is it to turn around to see the cards? I heard one has panoramic vision when OBEing anyway.

Use big cards.

Ill make it easy. Make her put up a big poster. Do it under the blankets.

Kris … I’m what many people refer to as a “slow learner” :slight_smile:. It took me a few days to digest your comments. Let me repeat what I said about your earlier post … “What extraordinary insight!”

Your comment reminds me of some of Lao Tzu’s thoughts … have you studied Taoism?

Perhaps the term “human being” is misleading/confusing … the term “being” or “being within form” may be more appropriate. Lao Tzu made the distinction … he argues for two types of being … “Being Within Form” and “Being Without Form”.

Today I realize you beat me to one of the points I tried to make in my last post … I simply didn’t realize that you had already laid claim to the thought. :slight_smile: … when I wrote that education leads to rigormortis of the mind.

Look up at the sky and “He/She/It” will look you in the eye … OTH the capcity of your “mind’s eye” to see is exponentially higher than your biological one. :slight_smile:

MM

Seems your OBE comments are also another means of expressing Lao Tzu’s thought … “Being Within Form” and “Being Without Form” … you are simply trying to force your “being” to temporarily leave it’s “form”.

Have you tried bilocation yet?

What about positions in space?

Bilocation? I’ll look that up.

Consider this: there are two forms, two bodies. The soul body (one’s consciousness) resides inside the human body, once you perfect voluntary astral projection from an awakened state a bilocation-ness does happen with the soul body moving outside the human body. Since the human body needs the soul body to be conscious, the human form appears asleep without the soul, consciousness. The human bodies’ brain performs the basic life sustaining functions that keeps the human form alive while the soul body travels unencumbered by the human form.

In the absense of personal experience, I can only suggest that “Beings Without Form” … or … “Beings Within Form” that are temporarily outside their “form” … aren’t constrained/governed by the same laws of time and space as we humans(Beings Within Form).

I consider it healthy … even necessary … to maintain a healthy level of the Biblical “Doubting Thomas” … and at the same time try not be “small minded”.

MM

While our terminology and imagery may be nominally different … seems like we are on the same page.

You have the advantage of personal experience. Learning of your personal experience strengthens my “belief” in “Beings Without Form” … angels, demons et al

Where in this thread have I campaigned on behalf of other entities? With what are you making this connection?

MM

You haven’t … the law of unintended consequences?

I made no connection … though I am guilty of extrapolation.

Since your personal experience with OBE is an instance of “Being Without Form”(BWF) … your ‘soul body’ … I’m assuming your ‘soul body’ was invisible to the human eye … it seems reasonable that where one instance of “BWF’s” existence is proven … expecting other types of BWFs isn’t much of a stretch … yes/no??

Sadly it is invisible, but not imperceivable . It has a size and a location in my body as well as a couple of functions.

People who have OBEs report seeing and hearing exactly as if they had eyes and ears. This seems odd since these organs remain in the body. Should they not see and hear ‘differently’ during an OBE ?

If eyes and ears are not necessary for seeing and hearing, then why do we have them?

This is what I’m trying to inquire about. Some reports of OBEs feature the subject rising above their body and “looking down” and seeing it from above. That’s why I’m asking about spatial positions. Can an OBE be experienced simply as being “over there” when your body is “over here”?

A good question for Helen Keller.

Most religions imply that God has eyes and ears … He can “see” our suffering and “hear” our groans.

Of course I don’t know the answer to your query … though I’m more inclined to embrace the notion that the activity is happening simultaneously in parallel universes.