Why God is Inherently Wrong

gib,

I know that this was meant for Wendy BUT…

One way is by examining what is ego and what is EGO.
One is real and true and the other is founded on pride often as a result of low self-esteem and/or the fear that something is being taken away from us.
Reflecting on our thoughts and emotions in the moment honestly can help us realize which is which.

The ego is just ONE part of the self, gib.

Ah, so you mean self-security. Building up the ego internally, not externally.

id and superego?

Gib,

In terms of land.

Obviously this type of planet is unworkable.

That’s why I’m looking at an infinite number of philosophic zombie universes.

Some people love war, some people love rape and murder, torturing etc…

How do you intend to solve getting what you want in the face of this? Peace, jiggling breasts, without consequence or competition or letting others down?

How do you get to the root of scarcity?

Can’t do it in this world.

Why accept this world then?

Why accept this world on it’s terms?

This is an evil world with some good ingredients.

Hell is real, hell on earth is real.

Being as sensitive as I am, I find almost if not everyone grating and emotionally and physically painful to be around. I’m acutely aware that sharing a world with non philosophic zombies means that when I win, someone else loses.

We all want wealth. If I see wealth as playing the piano very well, I want that, or a good singing voice.
Some people possess that wealth. To give it to me without losing it themselves , requires not wealth transfer, but wealth translation. Wealth translation is the highest. If someone is not being beat up, and I am, I want that wealth as well, I want their wealth translated to me too.

So truly, the biggest problem in all existence is having what another wants or not having what another has in terms of what you see as wealth.

That too :mrgreen: but that’s not what I was speaking about here. I was speaking about what is also below the surface of the iceberg.
What those signposts point to about us.

The best way to keep the ego in check is by realising that your existence in the grand scheme of things is of precisely zero importance
And that at some point your entire life will be completely forgotten as will all lives. Some think this very depressing but such thoughts
are relatively brief in passing so are not as significant as they appear

That can’t possibly be true … zero importance would be equivalent to non-existence … if a person exists, his importance must be greater than zero.

Gib wrote

The ego is projected being or becoming when we align with the divine, ego has no purpose. Self-security, gibways? No, simple trust covers that. I have never met a healthy ego for egos serve themselves rather than others.

Arc wrote

A being is corrupted by ego. The real and true doesn’t need an ego.

I wonder what Wendy’s, gib’s, and Arc’s definition of ego is. They seem to believe different definitions for the same word.

Welcome to ILP. :evilfun:

Yep, seems so.

To me, ego is just the self we experience ourselves to be.

If I’m interpreting Wendy correctly, then to rise above ego in that sense means either: 1) to stop experiencing yourself as a self (to become a nothing?), or 2) repress yourself for a higher purpose.

However, what I meant by self-security is feeling good about yourself (usually by way of internal validation) such that you don’t need to prove yourself to others or always come out on top in a confrontation. Those who fall prey to the latter are usually trying to redeem their image in the eyes of others, indicating they are externally self-validated.

Gibmas,

No, ego is the self we project, good or bad, not our true self that we tend to hide from shame. I hate my ego which can swell into a monstrosity in no time flat and when it gets to that point I need to be checked before I injure myself.

We tend to repress our ‘good’ selves rather than our ‘bad’ selves.

#2 but more like express our best self for a higher purpose.

Ok, well, different definitions. So I guess you mean like someone who, on the outside, boasts a large-than-life, I’m-so-great persona but is really frail and hurt on the inside?

Do you think it’s possible to like yourself on the inside and still express that outwardly? I don’t mean like “I’m the greatest shit there is!”, just not being afraid to be yourself around people.

I can see that. :laughing:

By which you mean the true self, right?

gibby wrote

Without any projection? I hope so. I have learned the hard way about wielding power, so I am often way more reserved in my assertions for as they say, absolute power corrupts absolutely. There is nobody to shield you from yourself so the less corruption the better. It’s easier to pick up a sword and wound another, easier to destroy than to repair damage or build.

The naked, vulnerable self, where our trust bears our blood.

Once you realize that having something you and someone else wants will always send you to hell, you cease to abuse power.

Thanks for getting this topic back on track, Eccy. How does an uneven distribution of goods and services result in our souls going to hell? Also, is fairness under less than ideal circumstances enough, or do we really need to have ideal circumstances? I mean, for example: everyone gets equal wealth ← that’s quintessentially fair, but isn’t ideal. The total amount of wealth is still limited. What’s ideal is that everyone gets as much money as they want. In the former scenario, we’re at least being as fair as we can possibly be. Anything beyond that is outside our control. But still, my neighbor may want the wealth I have–to double his wealth while draining me of mine. ← Do we still go to hell?

My only answer is what I wrote earlier…

You didn’t respond to it.

This world is inherently evil…

It has some good ingredients, but is inherently evil.

Why accept it on it’s own terms?

Who are you asking?

In terms of hell…

It’s accepting this world on it’s own inherently evil terms…

Lusting after winning because someone loses …

Don’t play that game anymore!

If you can solve everyone’s problems and they decide they don’t want their problems solved…

You still go to heaven and not hell.

Don’t accept this world, solve everyone’s problems, and you’ll be fine.

I was addressing Gib, but also anyone reading this thread.

Gib spent some time asking me how to make this world work… My answer… You can’t !!

Read my last message as well