Why God is inherently right

Noosphere is a relatively new word … yet … by no means a new concept. The concept is as old as the hills … I can’t begin to guess when it may have first entered human consciousness.

Augustine stumbled on it 1,600 years ago yet seems he chose not to pursue it … seems humanity wasn’t ready for it during his time on earth.

[b]

[/b]

Vernadsky, LeRoy, and Teilhard … in proposing the notion of Noosphere, put a tiny bit of meat on the ancient skeletal bones.

A tiny group of intellectuals/scholars have recently been attempting to put more ‘flesh’ on these ancient skeletal bones. duaneelgin.com/wp-content/upload … usness.pdf

To truly know oneself is to truly fear oneself.

In what way, Wendy?

While I’m PMSing, you don’t get to be lazy and have your lessons learned for you. Either you will figure that out or you won’t.

Gib … by “leaning on” I mean accepting and internalizing another’s belief paradigm(s) as your own. Gautama Buddha said it best … paraphrasing …“don’t cling to my coat-tail” … ergo … be true to yourself. Inevitably this kind of behavior becomes an obstacle to the person’s individuation journey.

by “leaning against” I mean refusing to accept another’s belief paradigm(s) … and as a result expending enormous energy and time arguing against it. Once again this behaviour becomes an obstacle to the person’s individuation journey.

Some people refer to what you describe as an ‘energy vampire’ … people who keep their wound(s) open [crippled inside] by begging energy from anyone who is gullible enough to contribute.

Wendy … you really are a “darling” ! :angelic-innocent:

When I first read your post I had no idea what you were talking about either. I should confess … I was disappointed that you didn’t comment on anything else in my post. :cry:

Here I sit a few hours later … realizing you were building on my post … your comment was intended to expand on the few crumbs of info I provided … you were doing what we’re called to do.

Wendy … do you really believe we have the capacity to do someone else’s learning? I don’t.

Experience is superior to knowledge … by sharing knowledge others gain so very little. It is only when the same "others’ have a personal experience that is confirmed by what they hear, see, read from someone else. The “learning” had already happened.

Maybe i have completely misunderstood your comment …

I’ll go out on a limb and offer my interpretation … using a hypothetical example.

One day a person discovers “saintliness” deep in the bowels of their being. This discovery is likely to give rise to paralyzing fear …

1. Fear of reprisal from God for all their previous (un)saintly behavior.

2. Fear of acting on their new discovery … eliciting persecution, rejection and so on from their social network. Like the Biblical prophet Jeremiah … he had every excuse ready when God called him to be a prophet. His excuses are often our excuses for not heeding God’s voice when he calls.

I’ll wait 'til you’re done PMSing.

Knowledge is different from judgement. To know oneself is not to judge oneself.

Phyllo … seems I was right … you are a “saintly” person :slight_smile:

throughout human history people have made “judgements” in the absence of complete knowledge.

as I mentioned before it’s like trying to play bridge with 49 cards … simply can’t play the game by the conventional rules … though I suppose one could make up new rules and carry on :slight_smile:

I suppose making ‘judgements’ without full knowledge is called ‘pragmatism’ … a wise choice … no?

Phyllo wrote

How does one not lead to the other?

For me … and perhaps only me … one can never truly know oneself … therefore one can never judge oneself with any degree of certainty.

One has to stay focused on the goal of knowing oneself.

If judgemental thoughts arise, notice them but don’t dwell on them. Let them drift away. They will quickly be replaced with other thoughts. They will come back less and less often, if you don’t feed them.

By judging oneself, you assume responsibility for not only your thoughts, but your behaviors as well. This is going from a child to an adult here in the Earth realm.

Very wise words indeed. Let the thoughts in but don’t cling to them.

Gibsurfin,

If you do not judge yourself, how do you recognize yourself? Being real, being honest is judging oneself and adjusting thoughts and behaviors accordingly to how they affect you as well as others.

I’m not advocating rumination on oneself, that’s a slow, waste of time, lack of accountability.

I think you and I/phyllo are using the word “judging” in different ways.

I think you mean, for example, if I come to know myself as lacking in self-confidence, that can be construed as a judgement: I’m a low-confidence person. But I think phyllo and I have in mind the extra sentiment of: What a loser I am, I need to be more confident.

I believe in self-improvement but not beating yourself up over it. Often, I think the healthiest way to improve yourself is only to acknowledge your shortcomings but then let those acknowledgements pass through your mind. I think just noting them to yourself will set in motion certain unconscious processes that will, over time, make small incremental improvements automatically. The analogy I like to use is that of hearing a traffic report on the radio on your way to work. If you learn that your normal route is blocked and to take an alternate route instead, it’s enough just to note that. Once you get to the intersection to go onto the alternate route, you don’t have to try really, really hard–you just have to know that’s the route that you’re gonna to take (which can even happen unconsciously). The drawback to this is that you have to allow it time to ferment, unlike if you felt angsty and driven to push yourself to improve–which might work but at certain costs (for example, you’re more likely to relapse).

Why is your normal route blocked? I’m not getting your analogy.

Once you realize, you realize, that your thoughts and behaviors are self-defeating, why would you wait on a radio announcer to change direction?

I’m just saying that sometimes it’s enough to say: Ah, I should do that, not this. And then let it go. You don’t have to worry that you might not carry through, that you might not make the grade. The analogy to the alternate route was that usually, all you have to do is tell yourself: okay, I just heard on the radio that I have to take the alternate route. Gonna do it. Done. ← Then you let the thought go. And when you get to the intersection to take the alternate route, you just do it (probably unconsciously, without try, without worrying that you’re gonna fail).

The analogy is about how little there is for the conscious mind to do and that the rest is handled by the unconscious.

tom,

The Noosphere would be nothing more than Man finally recognizing his non-biological consciousness which is supported by the brain and soul “biology” of God, The Creator. I do find CERN disturbing in their trying to destroy God. Mankind with his soul implant cannot survive beyond God’s grace. We are truly an ungrateful lot, why he puts up with all of us is beyond me.