Who is Lady Wisdom? ... the Biblical Icon

Pilgrim
wrote:

I can only agree with nearly all unbiased historians in regarding the worship of Mary as a close parallel to that of ancient heathenism. Nowhere in Scripture is she an exception from universal sin or transformed into a sinless holy co-redeemer.

To think otherwise is a figment of one’s imagination.

Finally, someone has acknowledged my affection … actually much more than affection and much less than worship … for Mary. Thank you A. Shieldmaiden.

You can add my name to your long list ASM

With the absence of convincing objective evidence I suppose all belief in Scripture is a figment of one’s imagination. Bigous would certainly agree.

For those readers expecting an emotional outburst … sorry to disappoint you … I suppose Mary wouldn’t allow it.

For any reader who may be curious how my personal experiences lead me into an intimate relationship with Mary … here are some old notes.

[/quote]

Why do you have to go to all those places?

Excellent question Phyllo … I can only answer with a metaphor.

When you sit in a boat with a large sail and no rudder … you go where ever the boat takes you.

But you’re attributing these travels to the will of the Virgin Mary or God. It seems odd that She/He/They would want you to wander around (aimlessly?).

Of course, you might be choosing to wander around because you want to. IOW, maybe God got nothing to do with it.

Phyllo … you may be absolutely right!

There are no words that adequately describe personal experience … especially when the experience is outside the envelope of mainstream thought.