What are you doing? (Part 1)

The Rio has its times of being filled and times of being dry. At a certain place it is where illegal immigrants cross all the time , even saw three crossing once. Yea I have been to Albequrque, it was alright back then. I enjoyed the hill country.
When you traveled from Vegas to L.A. you traveled through it. I lived in Tucson then moved to Phoenix with my husband. Phoenix was hell the last year we lived there. They practiced flood irrigation in the city. So within that desert city the temperature would be 120 and 50% humidity. The day we left it was 124 and 60% . Open your front door and you were hit with a wall of sticky unreal heat. Made me glad to be moving to Texas. But, Tucson I will always love.

Where in Texas? Dallas was fantabulous in the mid '90’s. Too bad I chose to try out Houston thinking I’d find some similarities. Nope. Hated it. The weather couldn’t be beat. That’s Houstons only saving grace.

Right between Dallas and Ft.Worth, Arlington, the outer fringe of it… Suburban. It is all a metropolis now even though the town and cities keep their names. When I lived there you could not tell when you left one town or city and went to another. Lived there early 90s . Lived here about 18 yrs I think. I can’t quite remember. Our kid was in going into 8th grade when we moved here.

There were no yellow cabs just limousines galore in the metro Dallas area. I’ve never seen anything like it. Crazy money I guessed. Them were clubbin’ days gone bye, bye, bye. It was a revived industrial area southeast of the downtown open 24/7. Five blocks of all kinds of doings.

Yea, some Dallas areas are that way and then you have the slums that are not seen or talked about. Dallas and Ft.Worth are very tourist greedy.

I cannot stand such heat and humidity, and fail to see how people cope in such environments, but I heard others here mention having to stay indoors till evening on such days… the only good thing about such heat and humidity was that it did wonders for my skin and hair… especially my hair. :slight_smile:

…although, it does sound like there’s a lot of fun to be had in those parts. I can see why road trips happen, and something I would consider… as opposed to a one-spot-vacation-stop.

I have only ever lived in one spot, so you are both making me feel decidedly boring and quite jealous of your residential adventures.

Silver lining playbook, eh Mags? :smiley:

:slight_smile: Magsj, I work outdoors, as do my husband and son. To keep healthy we have no air conditioning in our home, just fans and open windows. I worked in offices too many years.

I wish Joker was home. A scuffle is in progress nearby. :law-policered:

Great movie.

Take your camcorder and Youtube it. I would like to see it.

It’s over thank goodness.

Hopefully all is ok and no injuries.

that was a long scuffle.

I don’t recall discussing the length of the fight. Twenty scary minutes it was of an adrenalin overload.

Cotton and Lilly just finished their second playdate, romance blooming from the moon’s kiss. :character-grommit: :romance-heartbeating: :animals-dog:

COMPELLING

A Family affair

“Tom Fassaert’s IDFA opener is a startling inquiry into his troubled family history that makes a virtue of missing information”.

youtu.be/kDeqrlVLLrE

Last track…absolutely beautiful

youtu.be/8MkjkoNo92I

I saw a 60 year old man who was once an officer in the Egyptian army in the olden days get punched in the ear with a mean right hook from a 30 something Jordanian dude who is somewhat of a scumbag-crackhead-asshole type this afternoon. Dude’s ear bled for like 45 minutes and I think he’s gonna realize he has a concussion sometime tonight probably. Crazy shit man. They started off mouthing at each other like high school kids, then one of them touched the other’s shoulder like a little boy who didn’t really want to fight. Then the old man got really pissed and shoved the young guy, who then realized that the old man might actually kick his ass, so he got scared and just threw a haymaker. I have to say, that it was one of the cleanest, hardest punches I’ve ever seen that close in person. It bent the old man at his knees and spun him halfway around. I hope the old guy is OK.

Physical altercations in close proximity put me on high alert, anything could happen. Crazy amounts of energy in the air that’s very affecting.

Inner city raised or a protected childhood?

The young asshole is from Kansas. The old man was raised in Egypt, served in the military there 40 years ago and is here as somewhat of a refugee.