Western Civilization in slow but sure decline

Using gender as a metaphor rarely works out. You can’t expect to use a word like femininity while avoiding the cultural context along with it.

China … the Chinese civilization remains intact after more than 5,000 years.

Yang civilizations seem fated to self destruct.

The Chinese civilization has torn itself down and restructured a dozen times or more over the last few thousand years. To pretend it has been a continuous civilization is cheapening the meaning of civilization.

What about it makes it Yin…longevity?

yeah … me too :slight_smile:

it’s like relaxing on the sofa … we think we are being “still” … are we?

the earth rotates at 1,000 mph at the equator … the earth travels around the sun once in 365 days … travels at 30km/sec … 1,800km/min … 108,000km/hr

How still is that?

Hm, interesting, perhaps China will require some immigration after all, mostly females from the west.

Where did you learn about Chinese history … CNN?

China is in for non-traditional changes with a completely different looking demographic country wide. Tall Chinese with blue eyes in a few generations could happen. That’s definitely going to explode the Chinese traditional culture wide open. With all the impending changes, will China even be China anymore?

longevity is a result … no?

avoiding self destruction seems to be important … no?

Why the longevity? What’s different?

Do you know how many foreigners were granted Green Cards last year … about 1,500 and that’s up 100% from the previous year.

400-500 years ago a foreigner could not even be buried in China.

hebrews are God;s Chosen People so that can’t be the answer. :smiley:

These single men are buying marriages with Western women…mail (male) ordered brides. Does a wife need a green card, I don’t know? I think the number of green cards is going to keep going up dramatically or China’s men are going to go bonkers.

I’ve been in China for 11 years … from time to time I see a western man with a … usually much younger … Chinese wife.

I have yet to see a Chinese man with a Western wife. Apparently a few years ago mail order brides were common enough … women from Vietnam and other poorer Asian countries … seems most of these imported brides went back home. :slight_smile:

Polyandry … one woman with two or more husbands … usually brothers has been common in Tibet for a long long time.

Not to mention all the wiggling your cells and molecules are doing.

GENDER IMBALANCE: HOW CHINA’S ONE-CHILD LAW BACKFIRED ON MEN
http://www.newsweek.com/2015/06/05/gender-imbalance-china-one-child-law-backfired-men-336435.html

Why Chinese men are the most single in the world: the perils of gender imbalance in China
http://www.zmescience.com/other/feature-post/china-gender-imbalance-243423/

In 2020, the peak will be between 30-34 million marriage-minded men without available Chinese partners.

Tom, I’m surprised you haven’t noticed the imbalance of who is available for who.

Oh! … but I have … many years ago … in Nanning Guangxi … near the border with Vietnam.

Where I first experienced a Chinese foot bath and foot massage. We frequented several local foot massage enterprises once a week for a year or so.

First thing I noticed … the service was so cheap … about $5 for a 1 hour foot massage … the second thing I noticed was the attendants were mostly young male Chinese men … from the country side … ergo: poor country folk.

My wife would chat with these young men … sometimes laughing … sometimes frowning … of course I couldn’t understand a word. At some point she explained to me that these young men could not find a girl friend … the girls in the country side all wanted to move to the city … once in the city the minimum price tag for a man was an apartment … no apartment … no relationship.

At the time my wife’s parents got married … only 2 generations ago … a watch and a bicycle was considered “wealthy”.

The third thing I noticed was the nonchalant behavior of these young men with virtually zero chance of female companionship.

Western people project Western behavior patterns on to Chinese people … which is so far from reality. Western people have no idea how resilient and tolerant the typical Chinese person is … I find it incredible.

Sure there are some exceptions … though 2,000 years of feudalism seems to have molded … shaped … a battle hardened … as in accept the cards life deals you ( Confucian) … huge blob … of wonderful people.

So what do you think the men will do to ease their lack of female companionship? Smoking can only alleviate so much anxiety. Monk hood?

Is egalitarianism feminine?
In one sense I can perceive it is, and in another sense I can perceive it isn’t.
I would say elitism is both masculine and feminine, and egalitarianism is neither.
Elitism is both, because the elite are playing the dominant, masculine role, and the, whatever you want to call them, the plebs, the proletariat, the serfs, the (wage) slaves… are playing the submissive, feminine role.
Where as in egalitarian society where everyone is more-less free and/or equal, no one is dominating anyone, or submitting to anyone.

Is it better to be dominant or submissive?
It depends on ones preference, but even looking at it from a more objective viewpoint, I’d still say it depends.

Parents dominate their children.
Who’s worse off?
If the parents are good, then I’d say the parents are worse off, at least from a purely selfish viewpoint, but they’d be happy their kids are doing as good or better than them, and if the parents are bad, then it’s the children who’re worse off.

What about when it comes to a patriarchal marriage, or serfdom/slavery?
Again I’d say it depends on how much a husband loves his wife, if he does love her, she might be just as well off or better off than him, and if he doesn’t, than he’ll probably be better off, if she can’t leave him, or she has little-no support from her family, friends and neighbors.

Masters rarely love their servants/slaves, and in general, the servant/slave is worse off, but not always.
Overall, if one is powerful and independent, it’s better to be dominant than submissive, with the exception of kids, and maybe wives, but if one is not powerful and independent, it might be necessary to accept a subservient, subordinate position, at least temporarily.