the state dept just revoke visa's of.....

nytimes.com/2017/02/04/us/p … -news&_r=0

I think Trump is trying to quarantine America from terrorist attacks. The American continent is separated roughly by 4,000 miles to its East by Atlantic Ocean, and roughly by 5,000 miles to its West by Pacific Ocean. The only relevant access (choke) points are through airports (and border patrol). That leaves internal terrorism, which I think is a little bit easier to handle internally (when the gov. can account for just about anyone in its jurisdiction). As of now, the way things are going, I’m not having a good feeling for the future of Eurasian continent; there may be turbulent times ahead.

Euro is already almost on par with dollar, and it looks like Euro may soon even take another dip below dollar value: :astonished:

No, I’m a regular person trying to have a regular conversation with you, and you’re pouting because I didn’t immediately agree. And continuing to skip the actual points I make because obviously the meta conversation of “Just how horrible is Uccisore, anyway” is more interesting to you than the refugee thing.

Yeah, I can’t imagine where I got the idea you were being emotional from. Meanwhile, I see you speak English. That means you’re from a country that doesn’t want these goddamned refugees either. Are you in Canada, who’s population is balking against their SJW Prime Minister?

news.nationalpost.com/news/canad … s-new-poll

Are you in the U.K., that just voted to bail on the European Union largely because the E.U. was dictating their immigration policy, or are you in Australia, who ships their illegals to an island to rot when they aren’t to busy trying to pawn them off on us? Even Sweden is having a change of heart - Sweden.

No, you clearly aren’t. If you were doing that, you’d be addressing the points I’ve made instead of skipping it all to talk about how horrible I am, how horrible this site is, and how much of a shit you don’t give.

So then, Mr. “I’m trying to determine the facts”, WHAT ABOUT the fact that the ban is only for 90-120 days? WHAT ABOUT the fact that a judge ruled it wasn’t racist or targetting Muslims? What about the forced choice of trusting a corrupt visa system vs. recinding our invitation to the people with visas?

It’s not a Muslim ban. There are plenty of Muslim nations that aren’t on the list.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR_P6ZGfV30[/youtube]

Phyllo confirmed for being too much of a macho.

politifact.com/truth-o-meter … 1-countri/

Has a terrorist attack been conducted in the USA ( 9/11 and later) by anyone who came across the Canadian border? Nope.

Who says that the USA or Canada have an open door immigration or entry policy?

Immigration applications are rejected. Visa applications are rejected. People with visas are checked again at the border.

Either way, that little immigration is not so bad after all.
I hear Hongcouver is doing very well.

Why is this so much about immigration and so little about how poorly thought out and implemented the ban was?

My first post was about how some dumb slobs with valid visas got screwed because suddenly they could no longer travel and they potentially suffered financial loses (as did some American companies).

Maybe it was a move to assure the base of his commitment to changing immigration.
I don’t know how many are currently coming and especially immigrating into the US from those areas if the laws were to change in 3 or 6 months. Are we talking thousands, ten-thousands, more?

In my view, that immigration is overall negative for the populations in the US that I esteem higher than the others.
Economically, in the long run, I consider it also a gain, having less of those immigrants. Better for said populations and types of people.

Politically I don’t think it’s damaging, all put together. I think it’s a good move because in my view there is more than maintaining the agreements established by the former US president(s) and governments. I agree that you have to let the others know that you are willing to walk from the table.
Sure, they don’t like you for walking from the table if it’s a good deal for them but in the long run you don’t gain anything by staying. Not love, not respect, on the contrary you lose it.

Though, that doesn’t mean that there are no negatives.
Or that I think that harsh decisions are wise all the time.

If the graph in this link is correct, there is a total of about 50,000 immigrants per year from those countries.
independent.co.uk/news/world … 61986.html

Because the critics began the conversation by calling it a Muslim ban and comparing Trump’s administration to the third Reich. If your point was that it was rolled out poorly, then you should have said that, instead of all the stupid shit that’s been said instead.

This was my first post in this thread:

Nuff said.

Yes, and I answered your concerns in the tone and context in which you presented them. So what’s the problem?

K: the fact is you don’t even see the problem…

Kropotkin