The Philosophers

Truth is, I presume, not just any woman.

Who is this woman named Truth?

Where can I meet her?

“Whats the occasion?
Tommyguns blazin”

Truth would reasonably only reveal itself to truth, and only when we’re very lucky to a very wholesome lie.

-I am the truth and the this and the that I am He I will fuck you up.
-Yeah well thats just like, your opinion man. New shit’s come to light.

Can a man be understood?

Cinema.

Still have only seen Once Upon A Time In Hollywood once.

Is this Tarantino’s first film without Weinstein?

I think there was more distance between people and points in time back then.

Yes, even between people and points in general.
Even to points in their lives.

Maybe … something is about me?

Socrates made that a notion - for a life to be supposed to have some kind of idea behind it.

Crazy.

Acid solves that.

Philosophers before Soc were maybe perceiving like we are on acid. It would explain a lot. Soc was rehab.

Socrates was just the crystallization of a point of view afforded by the first ever city. As soon as it was city, you see, there was Socrates. It would not have waited a second. Not a minute.

Pythagoras was part of an older stuff.

That’s what Plato is. An exclamation of the newness. I think I meant to write at the newness. No of. And all the unfortunate events that followed? At. There at.

WHEREFORE THIS NEWNESS?

WHEREFORE?

[size=85]WHEREFORE…?[/size]

[size=65]WHEREFORE[/size]

[size=50]wherefore…[/size]

But Plate was too brave to freak out like that. and so he made a thing.

Like in hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy when they build the answer machine.

if anything, one might even guess Plate was pissed at Socrts.

So, you know, in the end you are right. that’s extremely fucking prescient about us really knowing of the others because of him, because of Plate. but fuck Plate. And fuck those weak assholes that needed him as an excuse.

I might have some things to say about Alexander, but you know what? Let’s just be honest: Alexander stands on top of philosophy.

The only thing that made socrts and his henchman noble enough to be transmitted through the centuries was the nobility of the men who poisoned him, and of the stone catacombs where it happened.

The now began as a wheat field ripe for harvest.
this was…what, the early 60s? One might argue the 50s but I say thats preclassical now, the yet inward, archaic mastery of forms of freedom - the ethos of the 50s is not of now but of ancient magic, of what becomes stoic when it solidifies, an excess that brings calm like the surface of a planet.
Yes, always the moment, the now from pop music, has reduced the gravity of the now.
the 90s were the threshing ground of the now, the last dance of pop.

after, the now became a vacuum.

the initial attraction was demiurgic.

powerful positions were made, these prevail and lord over the vacuum -

“Human resources”

how to resolve the question of a long winter?

Poetry. Hence Russia.

Yes. It was the city as you said. He was the self-valuing of the cosmos as polis; individuals were now destined to have meaning to each other; and thence they needed to acquire meaning to themselves.

And lo - this meaning was… NOTHING!

ha-Ha-hee! so goeth the eternal clown. and lo modernity was born and no son of god could fully undo it.

Well that’s what you get when you follow a schoolteacher.

The eternal trap of the satisfied patriarch.

Yes, I agree with this.

Also very nice play.

Plate also staged his philosophy.
Thats the wizardry, which makes the will to truth into an institution.

Weird, and not weird, that this was the way Athens, resolved itself, in a dialogue about goodness, the gladly overlooked remnants of which were lying in the forgotten dust under their feet.

Yes rhetoric. It was the rhetorician Socrate who, comically, induced the idea that true philosophy and truth were to be rhetoricless. Because of all that two-faced shit he said at the tri-all.

There is where the real floundering is.

And why Schopenhauer as a really such a very genius.

“… for they seek …”

The schoolteacher’s rhetoric.

shivers

Still, this:

“Socrates was just the crystallization of a point of view afforded by the first ever city. As soon as it was city, you see, there was Socrates. It would not have waited a second. Not a minute.”

is crucial. To understand why this all happened and what it really was, how we are supposed to make sense of it as philosophers.

His eminent two-facedness, his whole act, charade, hype, all that was Urban, urban legend, or lets call it cosmopolitan.
Not since recently did I understand what precisely cosmopolitanism is. Only recently, in my discussion on the Presocratics, did I realize it literally means cosmos-polis-ism. The idea of the natural cosmos is replaced with the idea of the social cosmos.
And this fits the legacy of Soc like a glove. All he did, all his dwelling in the streets, testing of salespeople and other city inhabitants, his constant presence among people and his fierce interest in what other people know and think, along with the absolute absence of anything like physics, natural sciences, all of it represents the valuing of the polis as cosmos - something beyond which there is no meaning.

Hilariously it turns out that in the end in the polis there is no meaning either - not at least if you have previously discarded all meaning outside of the polis - values on the back of which the polis was once erected.

Socrates seems to have been a monotheist and thus rejected the Olympians, and thus the Acropolis and the very soul of Athens.
His cosmopolitanism thus was even an attempt at refuting the very polis he tried to make into a cosmos.

And yet - your original, which I quoted above, shows that even though Soc went about philosophy and Athens as a destroyer, his very eminence of his figure did indeed manage to represent “the first ever city” as you call it as a figurehead of its legacy. That is the true value of Soc. That he was Athenian and knew all these other people who had read all these other philosophers. That is apparently the value of cosmopolitanism.