The (great/abject) Views of Professor Jordan Peterson

UrGod wrote:

Let me tell you, there’s not one man out there who enjoys having his balls busted by a woman.

Ball busting women only bust the balls of men who deserve it. And rightly so.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfskeOIDQMU[/youtube]

Modern day Morrison.

This guy has a truly beautiful soul.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4oQfexX0j0[/youtube]

Here he is speaking publically about liberals (from 20:30) and how they are creative, open to experience, they lead the vanguard and are the ones who change/transform the world, they drive the economy forward, are absolutely necessary, you need them at the top and getting conservatives (who aren’t/don’t do these things) to understand is like discussing colour with someone who is colourblind - all his words.

Truly a beautiful soul indeed.

I think his understanding of what creativity is is quite crude. He repeats the Romantic idea that creativity is something mysterious and irrational, which I think is non-sense. Creativity is simply the ability to create things that are original, which means things that are different from everything that preceded them. The act of creating things that are original, you will note, is a task like every other; it is in no way lacking in form. It’s a labor is what I want to say. There is nothing that is inherent to creativity that stops employers from creating creative job positions and filling them with creative people. The notion that creative people can’t follow orders is dumb. If people can’t follow orders it’s not because what they want to do is formless, it’s because what they want to do is different from what they are asked to do. The problem is that noone is offering them the kind of job they would like to do which simply means that no employer thinks they need their contribution. It does not mean that employers are lacking in creativity, it means they don’t need it, that they don’t think they would benefit from it. Creativity isn’t inherently good. Past a certain point, innovation makes no sense and you’re better off repeating with pinpoint precision what has been done in the past.