Take away the roads, then people cannot go there

surreptitious57 - I agree.

Arcturus

You seem to be taking a negative view of what I mean? I am talking about people being taken down tracks like causal trains, when that occurs they don’t really have choice. Like people born into poverty or a lower financial end of society, sometimes turn to crime for various reasons. Ergo my solution is to observe the reasons and the more you can get rid of the less potential for crime. Its simply looking at things in terms of an environment [e.g. of crime].

I know it is not simple, it means we need to improve the mobility levels of people all over the planet. Possibly the hardest task man can undertake. You know, one of those things like saving the planet.

For sure, but it is a philosophical consideration. In my mind there are line to cross, and degrees of guilt rather than it being black and white. Its like terrorism will be eventually defeated by working on it at the societal level. Nations increasingly want better security, but that wont happen unless wealth is spread more evenly.

Every human being who has free will and is of sound mind is capable of good and bad
No one is entirely good or entirely bad as this would invalidate the notion of free will

One bad act does not automatically invalidate all good acts. As long as someone has free will and is of sound mind they will do both good and bad. And so the severity of one bad act has zero bearing on this. So called bad people are capable of doing good and vice versa. It is not that so called bad people only do bad
and so called good people only do good. It is the actions that are good or bad rather than the people doing them. People themselves are neither good nor bad

So, the man who has raped and murdered ten children is neither good nor bad? Is that what you are saying here?

Maybe what I need is for you to tell me exactly what you mean by “People themselves are neither good nor bad”

What is the middle of the man who has raped and murdered 10 children.

What are you saying - that he is simply confused and that he actually has so much goodness within him? What is he saving it for?

Is it important to be so moral that we refuse to make judgment calls about heinous actions?

All arguments about good and bad whether they relate to actions or to the people that perpetrate them are basically fallacious because morality is not objective Therefore there is no objective means by which good and bad can be measured. Now I did say only actions are good or bad but this is a subjective interpretation
not an objective one. Morality can only ever be subjective or inter subjective. And means no moral action by definition can ever be defined as either objectively
true or objectively false other than from a subjective perspective