Shakespeare digression

I image that an ISP address might come into question at some point.
I suppose that as well as changing his handle, his email, he could also change his computer processor.

A great shame? many reports were raised by other posters, and ample warnings were given to the banned to fix up…

How does that stop it being a shame that you have barred a person for life from using this platform?

This, whilst representing a failure for the individual, also represents a failure of communication generally.

They are not barred for life, they just create another account and get back in.

Have you ever tried that?
It doesn’t work.
Your account don’t mean shit. Your computer has a unique ISP number that is linked to everything you type!
Have you ever heard of Big Brother?
It;s right here.

They could probably come in using other computers.

It’s actually a consortium of little brothers.

I have three, but I’d have to remember which I had used for which banned `forums I’d been on.
Not very practical.

As far as I can tell. It is one fairly benign Big Brother and a collection of malign Big Brother wanna-bes

I have three, but I’d have to remember which I had used for which banned `forums I’d been on.
Not very practical.
[/quote]
Are you practising the art of contradicting for the sake of contradicting? I know it is a very useful defence weapon, it does need practice.

All contradicting all is an instance of the war of all against all, which is the “Hell” with which Hobbes seeks to scare people toward the supposedly closest thing to a “Heaven”: Leviathan…

The definition of a shame: If all 11639 of siatd posts on his two accounts were set for deletion, but one managed to remain.

Or, that in the last eight years (which happened to be the time siatd was here) I never found the missing 1935 penny that I needed to complete my coin collection.

Eight years?
How can you vilify a person so much who has contributed to the Forum for eight years?
Personally I found him generally rude and uncommunicative; with a tendency to bulldoze his views - so what? He was expressing an opinion in the way he knew how and managed to stay afloat for 8 years. I didn’t much like him, but thought that he was fun to spar with.
What is it with people that they want to control others?
You always has the option to ignore him.

I have no idea what you mean in your last sentence.
I have a 1935 penny if you are interested. Do you actually mean US cent?

There is nothing I am saying here that is contradiction.

So it is not a contradiction, what is it then?, using the ropes, moving to a corner and getting out before the final blow is delivered.

Show me the contradiction, and I’ll tell you why I think it was deserved.

Forget the contradiction, we have moved on, you are now desperately getting out of the corner.

You are just being deliberately argumentative and trying to press buttons. I’ve no idea why you are doing this.
But it’s you that seems desperate.

I am not desperate, everyone knows that these forums have a very basic security mechanism, anyone who truly wishes to come back, will do so, no problem at all.

Ok, ok Hobbes, the jokes over. I certainly can’t complain that he’s banned, I mean if not him then who, when, where? But, I also liked arguing with him. I hope he sneeks back in, in fact all this supposed vilifying is to make him mad enough to come back, or just mad in general. But, it’s all in good fun, I laugh as I make these posts, thinking he might be reading them and yet he can’t respond and it will be a cold day in Hell before I ever visit his forum, so it’s as if it doesn’t even exist to me. Also, there’s an inside joke; he thinks I’m too apathetic because of one comment I made and wouldn’t let up, so I like to pretend I’m obsessed.

(Oh and my penny collection consists of American pennies from each year from 1900 to 1999, my rule is that I can’t order them online or call pawn and collectable shops to ask if they have them, I have to go in person, because the search is half the fun (the other half I guess is an unknown).