Praying

<>

The question is, will it change you enough?

According to modern scientific style of inquiry, praying for the sick can increase recovery time. They’ve “done studies”.

So let’s see if you want to curse yourself now, IKnowNothing.

I’ve heard of these studies, but no one seems to know where they are published.

I’ve also heard studies that say milk is good for your bones, even though the excessive amounts of protein actually leech calcium from bone. There are also studies that say a group of nurses that drank milk over ended up with more broken bones than those that didn’t drink milk.

In conclusion, studies are shaky evidence, especially when they can’t be cited.

<<I’ve heard of these studies, but no one seems to know where they are published.

I’ve also heard studies that say milk is good for your bones, even though the excessive amounts of protein actually leech calcium from bone. There are also studies that say a group of nurses that drank milk over ended up with more broken bones than those that didn’t drink milk.

In conclusion, studies are shaky evidence, especially when they can’t be cited.>>

I wonder where they would publish? Would a medical journal take it, or would they have to publish in a journal of parapsychology?

So you are saying that too much prayer leeches healing from the sick? Is the calcium study bad science, or just incomplete science?

What does KSC stand for?

I wasn’t meaning to compare the studies on any level other than the point that enough (or the right kind of) research tends to support any hypothesis.

Anyone who believes that prayer has any direct external effects is diluted.

Whatever you want it to.

<<I wasn’t meaning to compare the studies on any level other than the point that enough (or the right kind of) research tends to support any hypothesis. >>

Am i to understand that you are an athiest who does not believe in experimental science? That would be surprising to me.

<>

I just can’t think of a good comeback for that – you mean just add water?